Traders

SARTAN

As it stands currently, spawned in traders don't last very long. They disappear at some point. I don't know if it's when I log out, or when the server is reset, but they do. Can anyone tell me how to place a trader entity somewhere permanently? Also is there a mod out there to customize a trader's looks and details about his/her items and such

As it stands currently, spawned in traders don't last very long. They disappear at some point. I don't know if it's when I log out, or when the server is reset, but they do. Can anyone tell me how to place a trader entity somewhere permanently? Also is there a mod out there to customize a trader's looks and details about his/her items and such

You can use Hal9000's BBB codes from his editor still and insert a prefab.

Just remember, unless you rotate him, the trader always faces North. Just something to be mindful of.

Anyway, that's the only reliable way I know of keeping them when you're getting that bug.

Some people never experience it.

I made a Wife, two kids, and some neighbours based off the Trader architect and they stayed right up to day 120 or something when I finally started a new game.

Other people have their Traders disappear a lot.

=/

You just spawn a Trader from the console that is pretty well permanent.. but this wont fix the poi..

But if you make your on little trader area and simple spawn a couple traders from the console they work.

You can make a custom Trader looks and all. you can even make them walk around and shoot zombies (not recommended)

You have to edit the Trader.xml to create the store with items etc with a unique trader ID

Then link that trader ID into NPC.xml to a new NPC ID

Then you go into the entityclass.xml and create a new entity.. (copy and paste trader Joel, give him a new name, and add the NPC ID line referring to your custom npc. Add the archetype line to choose your NPCs avatar.

In the Archetypes.XML copy and paste Trader Joel. and give it a new name. Then edit the parts in there to give it a new look.

You can find some helpful guides in the forums about creating custom avatars.

So yes what you want to do can be done, just have to DATA mine the forum a little bit to learn exactly how

There is a very simple solution for this where you don't need any mods to solve this problem.

As you may noticed you can't enter a trader outpost when the trader disappeared.

To solve this you need to enable the debugmode by using the console commands "dm".

1. Press F6 ingame which opens the entity spawner menu.

2. Ensure you have only dynamic selected! (Very important!!!)

3. Now aim on the ground inside of the trader outpost (you can use the flymode) and spawn a trader NPC, it doesn't matter where you spawn him, we just need this dynamic trader for being able to enter the outpost. All dynamic traders will be removed when the server restarts.

4. Now you are able to enter the trader again and you have a trader, but we are not done yet.

5. Go inside the trailer or whereever you like to spawn the new trader.

6. Use F6 again to bring up the entity spawn menu. But this time select static instead of dynamic and "look at you" !!!

7. Aslong static is selected all spawns are permanent so be very very careful now (DO NOT select spawn 25) !!

8. Now place the trader, if the server restarts the dynamic trader is gone but the static one will be still where you spawned it.

I recommend you to start a testgame where you test this before you ♥♥♥♥ everything up by spawning 25 permanent traders where you didn't like to spawn them, beside that 25 traders on the same position is ... u know unwanted :D

• 11 months later...
There is a very simple solution for this where you don't need any mods to solve this problem.

As you may noticed you can't enter a trader outpost when the trader disappeared.

To solve this you need to enable the debugmode by using the console commands "dm".

1. Press F6 ingame which opens the entity spawner menu.

2. Ensure you have only dynamic selected! (Very important!!!)

3. Now aim on the ground inside of the trader outpost (you can use the flymode) and spawn a trader NPC, it doesn't matter where you spawn him, we just need this dynamic trader for being able to enter the outpost. All dynamic traders will be removed when the server restarts.

4. Now you are able to enter the trader again and you have a trader, but we are not done yet.

5. Go inside the trailer or whereever you like to spawn the new trader.

6. Use F6 again to bring up the entity spawn menu. But this time select static instead of dynamic and "look at you" !!!

7. Aslong static is selected all spawns are permanent so be very very careful now (DO NOT select spawn 25) !!

8. Now place the trader, if the server restarts the dynamic trader is gone but the static one will be still where you spawned it.

I recommend you to start a testgame where you test this before you ♥♥♥♥ everything up by spawning 25 permanent traders where you didn't like to spawn them, beside that 25 traders on the same position is ... u know unwanted :D

This was a huge help. Thank you

Archived