A16 - Halicopter Pickup Service

HAL9000

Hey guys,

This mod adds in some new craftable items that spawn in a Halicopter™ to come pick the item up and return it to base.

This is a single player mod only at the moment.

Two known issues:

1) The navigation is basic, it has some collision prevention but it's best to have no skyscrapers between the halipad and the pickup crate.

2) Crates when in flight will be lost if you exit the game. Before pickup and after drop off are fine but while in flight they'll disappear if you quit. The drones are pretty quick so most flights don't take that long.

A16 Download Link + HalHelper mod

Combine it with the Smarter Inventory mod to get shift-clicking to the container

Eta on dedi support? This mod is amazeballs.

Hey Gup,

No plans for dedi yet, I only play SP so it serves what I need. Having said that, there's a chance it may already work on dedi, the spawning mechanism should be dedi compatible it's just the update logic I'm not sure will work. But it's worth giving a go if you're interested in it on dedi.

I'll be diving into dedi support for the fire mod so hopefully that will reveal what needs to happen to get things working on MP servers. Then it should be easy to update the mods for MP support.

Not afraid to admit it...if I can't get this to work I will cry like a little girl.

No need for tears Gamida, just post your logs ^^

Lol, just remember us little people if you need a dedi to test on. I've got the extra server I used for starvation that's all yours with vnc or teamviewer, and I can get it populated.

Thanks Gup, yeah that'd be good. I've got the dedi installed on my local machine for the editor but having one out in the wild would be great for testing

• 2 weeks later...

Good stuff, working in a16.1 solo on a MP game. Haven't got anyone on to test it with another person yet. two things:

1) the Halipad doesn't default to a laying on the ground position. I have to go to advanced rotations to get it to do that.

2) could you add some kind of indicator of where the second block is. Once i place it, i can't tell where the second block is until i find that i can't place something.

and nice balancing. it seems fair, and with electronics and turrets it might be costly to use this.

Dear HAL9000, how I can combine two this mods. What I must do for combine it's?

If I create file mod.xml with text will it right?:

<mod>
<info>
	<author>HAL9000</author>
	<name>Halicopter</name>
	<description>Take to the sky</description>
	<mod_version>1.0</mod_version>
	<game_version>15.2</game_version>
	<launcher_version>0.5.5</launcher_version>
</info>
<config_mods>
	<import file="Configs\HalQuadcopter.xml" />
</config_mods>
<info>
	<author>HAL9000</author>
	<name>Hal's Smart Inventory</name>
	<description>Inventory auto sorter</description>
	<mod_version>1.0</mod_version>
	<game_version>16</game_version>
	<launcher_version>0.7.0</launcher_version>
	<guid>HalSmartInventory</guid>
</info>
</mod>

It's... highly effective teasing.

That looks awesome from the distance.

Yeah it looks cool but it's an FPS killer. All those chunks stay in the world so they get rendered... not great for performance. I need to find a way of keeping them in memory but not in the game world so the fire can burn on the distant POI to save draw calls. Probably going to have to find a way of simulating another player for the fire and keep the chunks there so they don't interfere with gamplay.

hmm powered doors seems to break the smart inventory by not letting it put items on the hotbar first. It still remembers the last position though.

whats the "halsadmin" stuff? and dll fixes?

Not sure what you mean with the hotbar? Got a quick video?

The HalAdmin stuff is just admin tweaks I do while debugging. The DLL fixes is the other mod in the OP that you download. It prevents the vanilla DLL freaking out about custom entities.

Where I can get this one launcher with like this wiev?

The SDX Launcher? It's on the main page for SDX

• 2 weeks later...

When I click build in SDX I get--

INFO: Built in 66ms

e:\SDX\Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\HalDllUpdates\PatchScripts\PatcherHalDll.cs(5,11): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Core' does not exist in the namespace 'SDX' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

e:\SDX\Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\HalDllUpdates\PatchScripts\PatcherHalDll.cs(7,11): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Payload' does not exist in the namespace 'SDX' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

e:\SDX\Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\HalQuadcopter\PatchScripts\HalicopterPatcher.cs(5,11): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Core' does not exist in the namespace 'SDX' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

e:\SDX\Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\HalQuadcopter\PatchScripts\HalicopterPatcher.cs(7,11): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Payload' does not exist in the namespace 'SDX' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

ERROR: Failed to compile PatchMods

ERROR: Task Compile mod patcher scripts failed

Action completed at: 8/15/2017 11:49:34 PM

EVENT: Complete.

Hi Jeraal,

You need to copy the SDX.Core.dll and SDX.Payload.dll from the SDX folder into <gameLocation>\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed folder

There's also a bug with SDX and A16 where you need to delete the XUI config files out of the backup folder. I think there's install instructions over on the main thread

Thanks to Iayarions suggestion to replace the XUI files with originals after deleting them, doing a build in SDX resulted in no errors. Game loaded without errors. Save loaded without errors. Now, how do I use these Halicopters? How do I build them? I scrolled through the recipes but didn't see them.

Edit: Nevermind. I just logged back in and it was there. Either I overlooked it, or needed a restart for some reason.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived