Zombie Texture Replacement

Xtrakicking

kqZnGCt.jpg

Update! A18.4 Stable version now avaliable!

Important notice:

It seems like the devs will be changing the design of zombies in A19. This means that either this mod will remain avaliable for A18.4 and previous versions only; that I will only update those with no design change if any, or that I will make a new and different version for A19 (or maybe a version that only adds more blood to the new upcoming zombies).

Either way, A18.4 might be the last version of this mod featuring most of these zombie textures (unless an A18.5 comes out).

DOWNLOAD LINK BELOW!

21/12/19 Update: New Utility Worker Zombie added!

Cheerleader, Business man and Soldier included!

Pa2Wehxm.jpgNfMukZcm.jpg2FWzzPJm.jpg

Hello there!

Have you ever felt like the zombies in 7 Days to die look too plain, clean, simple, weird and overall kind of boring? So have I, and that's exactly why this mod has happened.

It's finally here, my zombie texture replacement mod that I've been working on for the past few weeks. This mod changes the appearance of almost every boring and simple-looking zombie out there. With this mod the zombies in the game will actually look like terrifying, gross and blood-thirsty walking corpses.

You'll gasp as they approach you with their hands and mouths stained with blood from past victims, rotting and decaying flesh that's ripped apart and shows their inner flesh and organs, big and devastating wounds that leave their bones out in the open and necrosis that will make the apocalypse more interesting.

If you want to see how the zombies look before installing it, you can check them out in my blog.

Here's a list of all the zombies that have been changed or altered (and those who will be in a future update).

- Festering corpse (Joe)

- Reanimated corpse (Boe)

- Infected survivor (Steve/Crawler)

- Plagued nurse

- Putrid girl (Arlene)

- Infected mother (Darlene)

- Departed woman (Marlene)

- Stripper

- Bloated walker (Moe)

- Zombie biker

- Screamer

- Burn victim

- Irradiated feral wight

- Zombie dog

- Rotting carcass (Yo)

- Motivated cheerleader

- Business man

- Soldier

- Utility Worker

To Do List:

- Move the mod over to xpath.

- Add multiple variants of each zombie once the mod moves to xpath.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Download

Important notice: This version is supported for A18.4 Stable version only. I'll be updating whatever is worth updating of this mod in A19 and onwards, due to the devs changing the zombies designs. If you want the mod on previous versions or just want specific zombies of my mod please get in touch with me and I'll create an exclusive version for you.

Currently, I find myself very busy with other stuff, so I might take a while to send you your exclusive files. Sorry for any inconveniences.

Option 1- Manual download (Installing instructions included in the readme.txt file):

>> MEGA <<

Option 2- Mod Launcher:

Take a look at Sphereii's comment down below!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special thanks to:

- Derpopo for being awesome and sharing the UABE tool with us.

- Sphereii for being awesome and helping me host and distribute the file in the mod launcher.

- Everyone who kept track of my mod and gave me motivation.

- Everyone who leaves feedback and suggestions.

I hope you like it!

Wow, these look great! 7 Days To Die has been a bit lacking when it comes to the Blood & Gore category and this mod solves a lot of that problem. It just feels more immersive and "real" to see zombies actually rotting, bruised, beaten up, etc.

I always imagined 7 Days having zombies similar to The Walking Dead. They just feel more scary and I think The Fun Pimps should have another look at the gore element of the game. Obviously it doesn't need to be overkill but there's definitely some room for improvement.

Anyway great job! Can't wait to try this mod later tonight.

These do look fantastic, and I'm pleased I was able to add them to the 7D2D Mod Launcher!

The new Zombie Texture Replacement can be access through Xtrakicking's section in the Mod Launcher. Install and play it like any other mod, and enjoy the refreshed textures.

If you want to mix up another mod with this, it's easy to do. This mod only changes resources.assets, and thus is compatible with any mod out there.

Want to apply a patch to your favorite mod? Follow these steps:

1) Select which Mod you want to play

2) Go to the View Menu, then click on Patches

3) Select your Game install from the drop down, or click on the ... button to find another one.

4) With the Zombie Texture Overhaul select, click on "Apply Patch".

I91Y9Ft.png

I'm guessing it's specific for clients, and that a client WITH the mod, even joining a server without, can see the new zombies?

Yep I almost figured as much and was going to test that one out when company came over. We have some .dll edits and i rarely work with assets so I wasnt totally sure if that file pushed or not. Thank you for the clarification on how that works.

Hey, thanks for this epic looking texture replacement mod! I'd like to ask sth in regards of install instructions in the readme.txt. Is the path displayed there right? Cheers!

Yes, the path of the folder where you need to put the file is displayed in the readme.txt

*post update* nevermind, I'm dumbass found the file :).

Also, will you be changing the Disturbed tourist and Hungry zombie (fat male&female) appearances aswell? Loving the mod so far :D

Missed this one, heh... sorry about that.

I'm thinking on adding vomit stains to their shirts. Now, that wouldn't be disgusting at all...

Also... wouldn't it be awesome if the cop wasn't the only one with the ability to vomit?...

*slowly enters Xtra's modding dungeon* *closes door*

Guest Nyteshade12134

I've tried downloading this zip from MEGA 3 times now. I even created an account to do so. Each time it has failed to complete. Do you have a working link to the zip that's NOT on MEGA? I do not want to download a program to patch the game.

Xtrakicking privately shared a google link to this mod with me. Thank you for helping the community with this mod.

I've tried downloading this zip from MEGA 3 times now. I even created an account to do so. Each time it has failed to complete. Do you have a working link to the zip that's NOT on MEGA? I do not want to download a program to patch the game.

Yes, no worries. I'll give it to you through mp.

I get :

Applying Patch...

This Patch was not designed for this file.

Not Patching: I:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\resources.assets.7D2DPatch.xml

Patch Process is Complete.

When I try to patch Valmod Overhaul..

Any reason why ?

I get :

Applying Patch...

Not Patching: I:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\resources.assets.7D2DPatch.xml

Any reason why ?

It shouldn't give any errors unless Val's mod somehow messes with the resources.assets file.

I'm guessing you're patching Val's mod first, then mine in the mod launcher. I suggest patching my mod first, the Val's mod.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome work, thanks! Keep up the good work.

I can't wait for new skins, specially the soldier.

Thanks! I'll work on those as soon as I can!

I get :

Applying Patch...

Any reason why ?

Are you on experimental or A16.2?

Sorry for all the trouble. I created a quick Imgur gallery show you my steps. I can go through more details and get logs if this doesn't work for you:

https://imgur.com/a/wSPUA

I was obviously getting confused with the process, I was downloading Valmod from steam and not *Copy from an existing copy* which coincidently I am confused about that option as how can I copy from a copy ?

Haha, anyway its working - THANK YOU.

7_Days_To_Die_2017_08_26_14_47_59_187.png

I just have to pray now that when either mod updates and I need to update I do not mess it up again.

Archived