A16 - Backpack expansion a16 onwards

stallionsden

NO LONGER UPDATING DUE TO A17 AND BACKPACK SIZE IS NOW XML CONTROLLED-

<!-- place in your 7daystodi/7daystodie_data/managed/ and remove the relevant number from the dll first. (I would recommend tho to copy the original assembly.c-sharp.dll first prior.) -->

the Assembly-CSharp75.dll needs to look like this: Assembly-CSharp.dll

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To get the dedicated version working follow these steps:

*** both dedi dll and sp dll is required and each player MUST have the exact same size dll that is on the server in common/7days to die/7daystodie_data/managed folder ***

1. place dedicated dll on the dedi server managed folder

2. grab the sp version that matches the dedi version and place on players computer game folder where the dll belongs.

3. follow all steps below (same as needed for SP version)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back pack size (according to editing the below info) and the relevant DLL you require from download -

edit the first XUI folder windows.xml (not the second one placed with a16) config\ui\windows -

IN the search using notepad++ put backpack in and search look for -

Find -

<window name="windowBackpack" width="1503" height="796" panel="Center" controller="BackpackWindow" >

<panel name="header" height="43" depth="1" backgroundspritename="ui_game_panel_header">

<button depth="3" name="btnSort" style="icon32px, press, hover" pivot="center" pos="21,-21" sprite="ui_game_symbol_backpack" tooltip_key="lblSortInventory" sound="[paging_click]" />

<label depth="3" name="windowName" pos="42,-6" width="250" height="32" text="INVENTORY" text_key="xuiInventory" font_size="32" />

<label depth="2" pos="472,-8" width="100" height="28" text="{currencyamount}" color="[mediumGrey]" justify="right" />

<sprite depth="4" name="costIcon" sprite="ui_game_symbol_coin" size="24,24" pos="577,-10" color="[white]" foregroundlayer="true" />

</panel>

<panel name="content" width="100%" height="303" depth="0" pos="0,-46" disableautobackground="true">

<!-- <sprite name="background" color="[black]" type="sliced" globalopacity="true"/> -->

<sprite depth="8" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" pos="0,0" width="603" height="303" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" on_press="true" />

<grid depth="1" name="inventory" rows="10" cols="20" pos="3,-3" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" controller="Backpack" repeat_content="true" >

<item_stack name="0"/>

</grid>

</panel>

</window>

now edit this line -

<grid depth="1" name="inventory" rows="4" cols="8" pos="3,-3" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" controller="Backpack" repeat_content="true">

Can edit how you like if however it over laps your toolbelt you need to change the scale in the XUI.xml top row from 1.255 (or what it is) down to like 1 or what you like.

I have mine set to -

<panel name="content" width="100%" height="303" depth="0" pos="0,-46" disableautobackground="true">

<sprite name="background" color="[black]" type="sliced" globalopacity="true"/>

<grid depth="1" name="inventory" rows="10" cols="20" pos="3,-3" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" controller="Backpack" repeat_content="true">

<item_stack name="0"/>

</grid>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So that your active buff screen and forge are not covered follow this thanks to DnaJur and Leaderdog -

using the 200 bag slot so 20 columns and 10 rows.

So width would be (75 * 20) + 3 = 1503

Height would be (75 * 10) + 46 = 796

Content:

Height (75 * 10) + 3 = 753

This would go in windows.xml:

<window name="windowBackpack" width="753" height="421" panel="Center">

<panel name="header" height="43" depth="1" backgroundspritename="ui_game_panel_header">

<sprite depth="3" name="windowIcon" style="icon32px" pos="5,-5" sprite="ui_game_symbol_backpack"/>

<label depth="3" name="windowName" pos="42,-6" width="250" height="32" text="INVENTORY" text_key="xuiInventory" font_size="32" />

</panel>

<panel name="content" width="100%" height="378" depth="0" pos="0,-46" disableautobackground="true">

<!-- <sprite name="background" color="[black]" type="sliced" globalopacity="true"/> -->

<sprite depth="8" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" pos="0,0" width="753" height="421" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" on_press="true" />

<grid depth="1" name="inventory" rows="5" cols="10" pos="3,-3" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" controller="Backpack" repeat_content="true" >

<item_stack name="0"/>

</grid>

</panel>

</window>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You will also need to adjust windowslooting section located in windows.xml in the same one as you adjust the backpack to accommodate the size of your selected backpack in regards to player dropped backpack after death hint: copy your loot.xml stack size -

<window name="windowLooting" width="378" height="378" controller="LootWindow" panel="Left" anchor_side="bottomright" visible="false" cursor_area="true" >

<!--#$-IGS END.-$#-->

<panel name="header" height="43" depth="0" disableautobackground="true">

<sprite depth="1" name="headerbackground" sprite="ui_game_panel_header"/>

<button depth="3" name="btnSort" style="icon32px, press, hover" pivot="center" pos="21,-21" sprite="ui_game_symbol_loot_sack" tooltip_key="lblSortContainer" sound="[paging_click]" />

<label depth="2" name="lootName" pos="39,-6" width="172" height="32" text="LOOT" text_key="xuiLoot" font_size="32" />

<label depth="2" name="takeAllLabel" width="32" height="30" font_size="30" color="[mediumGrey]" justify="left" pos="260,-8"/>

<sprite depth="2" name="takeAllIcon" style="icon32px" sprite="ui_game_symbol_hand" color="[mediumGrey]" pos="220, -4"/>

</panel>

<sprite depth="0" name="gridBackground" color="255,255,255,1" type="sliced" pos="0, 0" globalopacity="true" on_press="true" />

<rect name="content" pos="3,-49" >

<grid depth="12" name="queue" rows="11" cols="20" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" repeat_content="true" controller="LootContainer">

<item_stack name="0"/>

</grid>

</rect>

</window>

**Note**

make sure you adjust your back pack size accordingly in the loot.xml

loot.xml

<!-- player dropped backpacks -->

<lootcontainer id="41" count="0,1" size="11,20"

to match your backpack amount of slots + toolbelt size + clothing slots. Example 200 slot BP + 8 slot TB + 10 slot clothing =218 loot.xml needs to look similar to = 20 x 11

[WARNINGS]

- if you have a different size back pack and you use a larger slot back pack you will collect the difference between your inventory slot size and the outstanding amount of slots which you wont see before things start to fill the toolbelt.

- EAC will need to be OFF as the .dll is modded

Want to learn how to make your own backpack bigger - HEAD HERE for a tutorial

And THANKS immensly to HAL9000 for this. He has made it possible to now fill all your 75 slots in your inventory and exit/die and when you return everything is still there :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you need to edit 3 files to shrink it properly.

windows.xml

change cell sizes, call new backpack itemstack from controls.

Code:

<grid depth="1" name="inventory" rows="10" cols="20" pos="3,-3" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" controller="Backpack" repeat_content="true" >

<backpack name="0"/>

</grid>

in controls.xml make a new itemstack, with a new name. call new style. see eg below.

Code:

<!--#$-IGS BEGIN: Increasing collider scale to improve snap responsiveness -$#-->

<backpack>

<rect controller="ItemStack" style="backpack_itemStack, hover" collider_scale="1.1">

<sprite depth="2" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" pos="-3,3" width="78" height="78" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" />

<sprite depth="3" name="backgroundbg" width="73" height="73" color="[darkGrey]" type="sliced" globalopacity="true" fillcenter="true"/>

<sprite depth="3" name="background" sprite="menu_empty3px" width="73" height="73" color="[darkGrey]" type="sliced" globalopacity="true" fillcenter="false"/>

<sprite depth="2" name="highlightOverlay" width="72" height="72" color="[darkGrey]" pos="0,0" type="sliced" globalopacity="true"/>

<texture depth="3" name="backgroundTexture" material="Materials/Transparent Colored" size="73,73" globalopacity="true"/>

<sprite depth="4" name="itemIcon" width="70" height="50" atlas="ItemIconAtlas" sprite="{itemicon}" pos="35,-30" pivot="center" foregroundlayer="true" color="{iconcolor}" />

<sprite depth="8" name="lockTypeIcon" width="24" height="24" sprite="" pos="2,-2" foregroundlayer="true"/>

<sprite depth="3" name="durabilityBackground" width="70" height="10" sprite="menu_empty3px" color="[darkGrey]" type="sliced" pos="1, -60" foregroundlayer="true"/>

<sprite depth="4" name="durability" width="70" height="10" sprite="menu_empty2px" color="[transparent]" type="filled" pos="1, -60" foregroundlayer="true"/>

<sprite depth="5" name="disabledOverlay" width="72" height="72" color="[darkGrey_half_alpha]" pos="1,-1" type="sliced" visible="false"/>

<label depth="7" name="stackValue" pos="-2,-45" width="70" height="28" text="{itemcount}" font_size="26" effect="outline" justify="center"/>

<label depth="7" name="timer" pos="35,-38" width="70" height="24" font_size="24" justify="center" pivot="center" effect="outline" color="[beige]"/>

<sprite depth="9" name="cancel" sprite="ui_game_symbol_x" width="70" height="70" color="255,0,0,255" type="sliced" visible="false" foregroundlayer="true"/>

<!--#$-IGS BEGIN: Setting itemName above the soft cursor. -$#-->

<label depth="12" name="itemName" pos="36,-35" width="0" height="0" text="" font_size="26" justify="center" overflow="resizefreely" effect="outline" pivot="center" above_soft_cursor="true"/>

<!--*#$-IGS END.-$#-->

<sprite depth="13" name="assembleIcon" size="40,40" sprite="ui_game_symbol_lock" visible="{isassemblelocked}" pos="14,-14" foregroundlayer="true" />

</rect>

</backpack>

<!--*#$-IGS END.-$#-->

3rd, make a new itemstack style in styles.xml

Code:

<style name="backpack_itemStack">

<style_entry name="select_color" value="[beige]"/>

<style_entry name="press_color" value="[limeGreen]"/>

<style_entry name="final_pressed_color" value="[lightGrey]"/>

<style_entry name="background_color" value="[transparent]"/>

<style_entry name="highlight_color" value="[hoverColor]"/>

<style_entry name="holding_color" value="[white]"/>

<style_entry name="width" value="72"/>

<style_entry name="height" value="72"/>

<style_entry name="hover_icon_grow" value="1.5"/>

<style_entry name="on_press" value="true"/>

<style_entry name="sound_volume" value="0.75"/>

<style_entry name="pickup_sound" value="[pickup_click]"/>

<style_entry name="place_sound" value="[place_click]"/>

</style>

A huge Thankyou to -

HAL9000 Killermoench Matite StompyNZ OzHawkeye DnaJur Rewtgr DUST2DEATH.

Enjoy and please let me know any issues

• 2 weeks later...
I can remove. No Problem. :)

I was just link dropping to save people doing all the window edits if they wanted something where they could just drop your dll and hit a couple vars instead as I built that UI around your's and berticus's mods.

Check your PM's.

Nah all good was just wondering lol. And have no issues. When i back home i am gonna post links in the O.P to mods using this as its a good idea on your part :-)

Hi, so i'm using the 120 backpack in single player game, no matter what i do i cannot seem to get it to fit in the window without causing problems where using the forge etc with it overlapping.

Have played with all the setting from first post and i cannot get it to fit.. Can some write an idiots guide to getting this to fit for a 120 slot bag?

Hi, so i'm using the 120 backpack in single player game, no matter what i do i cannot seem to get it to fit in the window without causing problems where using the forge etc with it overlapping.

Have played with all the setting from first post and i cannot get it to fit.. Can some write an idiots guide to getting this to fit for a 120 slot bag?

If I recall correctly,

<window name="windowBackpack" width="[b][color="#FF0000"]1503" [/color][/b]height="829" panel="Center" controller="BackpackWindow" >

This is what you need to edit (Windows.xml, backpack section)

The number in red should be numbers of rows horizontally x 75,

Lost

Thanks for your effort but is there a Mod version of this with a bit easier instructions? I am sure this is great to a seasoned modder but I am lost on how to get this working.

I see mention of 3 steps but don't see any numbered steps. The outline on how to do this seems intentionally convoluted. If this is by design let me know and I will go on my noob way.

Thanks for your effort but is there a Mod version of this with a bit easier instructions? I am sure this is great to a seasoned modder but I am lost on how to get this working.

I see mention of 3 steps but don't see any numbered steps. The outline on how to do this seems intentionally convoluted. If this is by design let me know and I will go on my noob way.

What are you stuck with

Hey thanks for the quick response!

I would like to do the 120 Slot Back Pack.

This is what confuses me:

1) Downloaded the appropriate File from the link in the OP Check

2) Placed the Single Player Assembly file and renamed it Assembly-CSharp.dll Replacing the original located in *My 7 Days 2 Die Folder*\7DaysToDie_Data\Managed Check

3) You said:

“Ok so playing around with the UI in config\ui\windows – “

Does this mean the Windows.XML in both XUI and XUI_Menu? Or just one of them. Which one?

4) You said:

Find -

<window name="windowBackpack" width="1503" height="829" panel="Center" controller="BackpackWindow" >

<button depth="3" name="btnSort" style="icon32px, press, hover" pivot="center" pos="21,-21" sprite="ui_game_symbol_backpack" tooltip_key="lblSortInventory" sound="[paging_click]" />

<label depth="2" pos="472,-8" width="100" height="28" text="{currencyamount}" color="[mediumGrey]" justify="right" />

<sprite depth="4" name="costIcon" sprite="ui_game_symbol_coin" size="24,24" pos="577,-10" color="[white]" foregroundlayer="true" />

</panel>

<sprite depth="8" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" pos="0,0" width="603" height="303" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" on_press="true" />

<item_stack name="0"/>

</grid>

</panel>

</window>

now edit this line -

<grid depth="1" name="inventory" rows="4" cols="8" pos="3,-3" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" controller="Backpack" repeat_content="true">

Can edit how you like if however it over laps your toolbelt you need to change the scale in the XUI.xml top row from 1.255 (or what it is) down to like 1 or what you like.

I have mine set to -

<grid depth="1" name="inventory" rows="10" cols="20" pos="3,-3" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" controller="Backpack" repeat_content="true">

<item_stack name="0"/>

</grid>

I assume this is for 200 slot configuration? The reference to editing XUI.xml.. What am I editing? What does this do? Make the Slots smaller? I Failed

5) You said:

You will also need to adjust windowslooting section located in windows.xml in the same one as you adjust the backpack to accommodate the size of your selected backpack in regards to player dropped backpack after death –

But it doesn’t seem to match the 200 slot configuration above… Shouldn't the part that is <grid depth="12" name="queue" rows="10" cols="9"

Actually be <grid depth="12" name="queue" rows="10" cols="20" to go with the 200 slot configuration? Or for some reason no its not. I Failed

6) You said:

So that your active buff screen and forge are not covered follow this thanks to DnaJur and Leaderdog -

using the 50 bag slot so 10 columns and 5 rows.

So width would be (75 * 10) + 3 = 753

Height would be (75 * 5) + 46 = 421

Content:

Height (75 * 5) + 3 = 378

This would go in windows.xml:

<window name="windowBackpack" width="753" height="421" panel="Center">

<sprite depth="3" name="windowIcon" style="icon32px" pos="5,-5" sprite="ui_game_symbol_backpack"/>

</panel>

<panel name="content" width="100%" height="378" depth="0" pos="0,-46" disableautobackground="true">

<grid depth="1" name="inventory" rows="5" cols="10" pos="3,-3" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" controller="Backpack" repeat_content="true" >

<item_stack name="0"/>

</grid>

</panel>

</window>

Another variety.. 50 slot now, going back and forth really makes it confusing. I know its probably just me but it would be easier to understand with one size demonstrated through the whole process. I think I understand this part

7) This next part really confused me:

**Note**

make sure you adjust your back pack size accordingly in the loot.xml

loot.xml

<!-- player dropped backpacks -->

<lootcontainer id="41" count="0,1" size="8,10"

to match your backpack amount of slots + toolbelt size + clothing slots. Example 200 slot BP + 8 slot TB + 10 slot clothing =218 loot.xml needs to look similar to = 20 x 11

20 x 11? What? Where is this coming from? I Failed

8) Editing Cell Sizes I didn’t even get to yet… but just reading it

you need to edit 3 files to shrink it properly.

windows.xml

change cell sizes, call new backpack itemstack from controls.

Code:

<grid depth="1" name="inventory" rows="4" cols="8" pos="3,-3" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" controller="Backpack" repeat_content="true" >

<backpack name="0"/>

</grid>

I don't understand what you mean here. Am I renaming something?

in controls.xml make a new itemstack, with a new name. call new style. see eg below.

Code:

<!--#$-IGS BEGIN: Increasing collider scale to improve snap responsiveness -$#-->

<backpack>

<rect controller="ItemStack" style="backpack_itemStack, hover" collider_scale="1.1">

<sprite depth="2" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" pos="-3,3" width="78" height="78" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" />

<sprite depth="3" name="backgroundbg" width="73" height="73" color="[darkGrey]" type="sliced" globalopacity="true" fillcenter="true"/>

<sprite depth="3" name="background" sprite="menu_empty3px" width="73" height="73" color="[darkGrey]" type="sliced" globalopacity="true" fillcenter="false"/>

<sprite depth="2" name="highlightOverlay" width="72" height="72" color="[darkGrey]" pos="0,0" type="sliced" globalopacity="true"/>

<texture depth="3" name="backgroundTexture" material="Materials/Transparent Colored" size="73,73" globalopacity="true"/>

<sprite depth="4" name="itemIcon" width="70" height="50" atlas="ItemIconAtlas" sprite="{itemicon}" pos="35,-30" pivot="center" foregroundlayer="true" color="{iconcolor}" />

<sprite depth="8" name="lockTypeIcon" width="24" height="24" sprite="" pos="2,-2" foregroundlayer="true"/>

<sprite depth="3" name="durabilityBackground" width="70" height="10" sprite="menu_empty3px" color="[darkGrey]" type="sliced" pos="1, -60" foregroundlayer="true"/>

<sprite depth="4" name="durability" width="70" height="10" sprite="menu_empty2px" color="[transparent]" type="filled" pos="1, -60" foregroundlayer="true"/>

<sprite depth="5" name="disabledOverlay" width="72" height="72" color="[darkGrey_half_alpha]" pos="1,-1" type="sliced" visible="false"/>

<label depth="7" name="stackValue" pos="-2,-45" width="70" height="28" text="{itemcount}" font_size="26" effect="outline" justify="center"/>

<label depth="7" name="timer" pos="35,-38" width="70" height="24" font_size="24" justify="center" pivot="center" effect="outline" color="[beige]"/>

<sprite depth="9" name="cancel" sprite="ui_game_symbol_x" width="70" height="70" color="255,0,0,255" type="sliced" visible="false" foregroundlayer="true"/>

<!--#$-IGS BEGIN: Setting itemName above the soft cursor. -$#-->

<label depth="12" name="itemName" pos="36,-35" width="0" height="0" text="" font_size="26" justify="center" overflow="resizefreely" effect="outline" pivot="center" above_soft_cursor="true"/>

<!--*#$-IGS END.-$#-->

<sprite depth="13" name="assembleIcon" size="40,40" sprite="ui_game_symbol_lock" visible="{isassemblelocked}" pos="14,-14" foregroundlayer="true" />

</rect>

</backpack>

<!--*#$-IGS END.-$#-->

Do I just paste this at the bottom?

3rd, make a new itemstack style in styles.xml

Code:

<style name="backpack_itemStack">

<style_entry name="select_color" value="[beige]"/>

<style_entry name="press_color" value="[limeGreen]"/>

<style_entry name="final_pressed_color" value="[lightGrey]"/>

<style_entry name="background_color" value="[transparent]"/>

<style_entry name="highlight_color" value="[hoverColor]"/>

<style_entry name="holding_color" value="[white]"/>

<style_entry name="width" value="72"/>

<style_entry name="height" value="72"/>

<style_entry name="hover_icon_grow" value="1.5"/>

<style_entry name="on_press" value="true"/>

<style_entry name="sound_volume" value="0.75"/>

<style_entry name="pickup_sound" value="[pickup_click]"/>

<style_entry name="place_sound" value="[place_click]"/>

</style>

Hey thanks for the quick response!

I would like to do the 120 Slot Back Pack.

This is what confuses me:

3) You said:

Does this mean the Windows.XML in both XUI and XUI_Menu? Or just one of them. Which one?

4) You said:

I assume this is for 200 slot configuration? The reference to editing XUI.xml.. What am I editing? What does this do? Make the Slots smaller? I Failed

5) You said:

But it doesn’t seem to match the 200 slot configuration above… Shouldn't the part that is <grid depth="12" name="queue" rows="10" cols="9"

Actually be <grid depth="12" name="queue" rows="10" cols="20" to go with the 200 slot configuration? Or for some reason no its not. I Failed

6) You said:

Another variety.. 50 slot now, going back and forth really makes it confusing. I know its probably just me but it would be easier to understand with one size demonstrated through the whole process. I think I understand this part

7) This next part really confused me:

20 x 11? What? Where is this coming from? I Failed

8) Editing Cell Sizes I didn’t even get to yet… but just reading it

I don't understand what you mean here. Am I renaming something?

3 - fixed altho it should of been straight forward to change the values accordingly.

4 - answered in 3 lol

5 - again common sense use the figures to change to the back pack size you are using

6 - have changed it to follow 200 slot backpack path

7 - it answers it for you in the exact same section as to where it is coming from :-) but - you need to have extra in the loot to accomodate your clothing and toolbelt. so simply adding the backpack size you will not be able to gather all the stuff you lost.

8 - again reading would have revealed you your answers. They were there in plain text. However i have highlighted them to make it easier :-)

Hope this helps and let me know how you go :-)

Thank you for idiot proofing your instructions for this idiot!

You Rock!

.. Update

No Luck. Thanks for your help perhaps I'll try this later when I am more versed in XML editing for this game.

Your not an idiot lol. We all start somewhere. I to was like this and unsure.

What parts are you stuck on now.

I made all the changes and the game stuck on Loading UI

When I made the changes I replaced the sections...

For example from step 4 above:

<item_stack name="0"/>

</grid>

Replaced with this:

<item_stack name="0"/>

</grid>

So there were fewer lines...

I went ahead and tried the 200 slot BP version just to learn how this works.

I did this with all of your examples so some sections in the XMLs lost lines since it didn't match what you have.

Also I am still not completely clear on the additions to Controls.xml and Styles.XML

For other Mods like the Usable Sinks and Stoves they provided Snippets of code that you activate by removing lines That was easy and I could understand how things worked. I just need to get beyond these little details and piece this thing together.

<item_stack name="0"/>

</grid>

Replaced with this:

<item_stack name="0"/>

</grid>

I did this with all of your examples so some sections in the XMLs lost lines since it didn't match what you have.

Also I am still not completely clear on the additions to Controls.xml and Styles.XML

For other Mods like the Usable Sinks and Stoves they provided Snippets of code that you activate by removing lines That was easy and I could understand how things worked. I just need to get beyond these little details and piece this thing together.

Are you playing with eac off.

What part was that out of. The windows backpack or.

- - - Updated - - -

<item_stack name="0"/>

</grid>

Replaced with this:

<item_stack name="0"/>

</grid>

Maybe upload your config folder and I will take a look

<item_stack name="0"/>
</grid>

Replaced with this:

<grid depth="1" name="inventory" rows="10" cols="20" pos="3,-3" [color="#FFFF00"]cell_width="75" cell_height="75"[/color] controller="Backpack" repeat_content="true">
<item_stack name="0"/>
</grid>

You do have the closing </panel> yes?

also, you are going for 200 slots, You will need to adjust the backpack cell sizes to get it to fit the screen.

Archived