A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

STARVATION

A16 version (UPDATED TO A16.4)

VERSION 16.0.1.02

BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD THIS MOD, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD OUR TERMS OF USE AT THE END OF THIS POST.

Talk to us on

beaf8a89a03eaf3d8a1bb33c24cb80f4.png

STARVATION is being developed as a modification to TFP's 7 DAYS TO DIE. Starvation adds a higher level of difficulty, challenge, realism, and fun to the original game.

Some of the features you will find in STARVATION are as follows:

• advanced farming
  • food spoilage and plagues
  • animal husbandry
  • dog taming
  • special pets
  • fishing
  • traps
  • power system (natural gas, heat and electricity)
  • wildlife hazards
  • radiation hazards
  • wellness and sanity system
  • NPC survivors
  • settlement founding
  • advanced weaponry
  • new zombies
  • new animals
  • boss zombies
  • bandits

If you would like know more about us, you can

visit our site. You will find pictures, videos and more. Make sure you check our merchandizing section :)

sfdGchJ.png

A VERY WELL DESERVED THANKS to the important contribution of:

• Pacco for all the graphics, xml, patience and dedication. Unfortunately he is no longer amongst us. Rest in peace my friend.
  • Good old Matite for the numerous assets we're using, made by him (garage door, drawbridge and numerous plants)
  • Dissolutionskey for providing resources for development and testing, for the awsome ideas, and for all the moral support
  • xtended2l for his extensive review, cleaning and balancing of the xml. He has been busy with real life but will always be a member of our team.
  • Rentched and KillServers for all the support in both development and hosting official servers.
  • Xyth recently joined his, and has been extremely helpful and productive
  • Well, myself for... scripting?
  • A special thanks to Sphereii for his launcher, and for his mods. I'm using slightly adjusted version of his Transmorgifier mod, for example.

icgYlKu.png

ALERT - This mod is demanding. It is strongly advisable that you have a bare minimum of 10GB ram, preferably 16GB.

I would put some emphasis on some of the new stuff we're trying to incorporate. The most visible aspect will obviously be the player colony. Player colonies give you, the player, the possibility to recruit and employ survivors. This "survivor" NPCs can be assigned a multitude of tasks, from cook to guards, and many of the end items will somehow require you to develop and maintain a well structured colony, which you can do alone or with your friends...

This is just the most visible "tip of the iceberg" since we're trying to incorporate so many of our previous mods in a way that makes sense. We're refining them, adapting them as needed and even making new interesting things, hoping that in the end this package can provide an experience as interesting as possible. While realism plays a important role, it's not what it's all about. There are still fun and illogical stuff. Because it's fun!

We will providing the mod using Sphereii 7D2D Mod Launcher.

The launcher will replace / update all necessary files, so even if you have no contact with SDX, this should be straight forward.

Server files are available via GitHub repository. If you have a server, all you need is to past those files there. NOT TESTED FOR LINUX SERVERS YET!!!

Keep in mind that there are still many things that will probably change or be added/removed.

I leave you with a small trailer

[video=youtube_share;a_shCtzCJW0]

You can also check "

" for more info about the Colonies, armor buffs and other interesting stuff.

We started working on a wiki for the mod, here

if you want to help with building it up, contact rentechd or any Starvation Team member

- - - Updated - - -

TERMS OF USE:

By downloading Starvation Mod, you agree that:

• you can copy the material in any medium or format for your personal use.
  • If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material, without asking for our permission first. This includes c# code, xml configurations and all included models and icons.
  • If permission is given, you must give appropriate credit, provide a link to this license, and indicate what changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
  • Many of our assets were purchased and as such we can not give permission to use any of our models on your own projects until further notice.

NOTES:

• If you are currently using any of our models, we will ask you to stop using them and contact us, until we can figure out which ones we will even be able to grant permission to use, if the team decides to grant permission.
  • Anyone using Starvation c# code from our latest public release, is free to keep using it freely.

discord.png.ceba530d03716bed37c9b2710f447689.png

Edited by Mortelentus (see edit history)

Transfiring to this thread the comment about the Meditation Carpet lol

The base price in game is showing 100 dukes (with barter 1 you can sell for 20), and cost 20 fibers to make and it stacks, making the carpet a 1fiber = 1duke (wihtout leveling barter).

The Beadroll has the same material cost to make and is 10 dukes for every 10 pieces, maybe is interesting to copy his price code (it is in the other thread) on the Carpet code.

Asking here. How to insert the compo-pack (by Magoli) to starvations rwgmixer.xml? I really wanna test this great mod out, but tired of all the vanillaprefabs.

Difficult to do. I think you can add individual POI's thru XML fairly easy. I'm sure some one more knowledgeable than me can walk you thru it, I'm a bit of a noob at modding. But, I believe the Starvation team has included quite a few non vanilla POI's to it's list.

Transfiring to this thread the comment about the Meditation Carpet lol

The base price in game is showing 100 dukes (with barter 1 you can sell for 20), and cost 20 fibers to make and it stacks, making the carpet a 1fiber = 1duke (wihtout leveling barter).

The Beadroll has the same material cost to make and is 10 dukes for every 10 pieces, maybe is interesting to copy his price code (it is in the other thread) on the Carpet code.

Thank you, noted.

Asking here. How to insert the compo-pack (by Magoli) to starvations rwgmixer.xml? I really wanna test this great mod out, but tired of all the vanillaprefabs.

YOu can add the combo pack mod in, till the SDX team adds in their own prefabs, everything is set kinda vanilla for this initial release, all you have to do is drag n drop the combo pack prefabs in, and replace the mixer with the combo pack one.

YOu can add the combo pack mod in, till the SDX team adds in their own prefabs, everything is set kinda vanilla for this initial release, all you have to do is drag n drop the combo pack prefabs in, and replace the mixer with the combo pack one.

Remember that there are already VERY important changes in RWG. Custom radiation biomes, power plant, bandit oil rig, a VERY important POI, multiple boss locations, and multiple quest POIs.

You'll miss all that if you remove our RWG changes completely (and you'll never get the exo suit).

Remember that there are already VERY important changes in RWG. Custom radiation biomes, power plant, bandit oil rig, a VERY important POI, multiple boss locations, and multiple quest POIs.

You'll miss all that if you remove our RWG changes completely (and you'll never get the exo suit).

THis is very true! Do you plan in the future to add in the combo pack? For the official releases.

I think I managed to get in the compo-pack in the rwgmixer without deleting any of the starvation pois. Seems to load up ok. I do not know if I messed anything up. But I put for example the paccosettlement and powerplant under the <prefab_rule name="W_POIs_common_Set_A">. Maybe a fast check by someone more experienced with the rwgmixer?

https://pastebin.com/E47vUwwY

Is there a way to just download the files & install direct to pc like we did with A15? Thanks for all the great work guys!

**Never mind. I figured out something that works for me. :) Again, thanks for all the hard work. Starvation is by far the best mod for 7DTD. Keeps the game fresh & exciting. THANK YOU!!

Edited by MandyCollinsMoore
Update (see edit history)

I think I managed to get in the compo-pack in the rwgmixer without deleting any of the starvation pois. Seems to load up ok. I do not know if I messed anything up. But I put for example the paccosettlement and powerplant under the <prefab_rule name="W_POIs_common_Set_A">. Maybe a fast check by someone more experienced with the rwgmixer?

https://pastebin.com/E47vUwwY

Sorry, we won't be supporting changes to the Starvation mod. Adding prefabs that have their own custom loot risks altering the mods balance, such as making gas and workstations too available. There are a lot of new POIs in Starvation, you might want to try it out as is before changing it.

Need add food & drink & temp & level on hud, backpack bit small need bigger backpack & minibike storage, I hate always full backpack when looted.

A custom HUD is being written for Starvation and should be in the next release. We may include a slightly bigger backpack in that next release, but it probably will not exceed 45 slots.

Hi, thx for the update on this mod, but I have a big problem to get it started on servers:

2017-10-22T00:56:05 167.157 INF StartAsClient
2017-10-22T00:56:05 167.158 INF Sending RequestToEnterGame...
2017-10-22T00:56:05 167.161 INF StartGame done
2017-10-22T00:56:05 167.923 INF Received config file 'materials' from server. Len: 46557
2017-10-22T00:56:05 167.941 INF Received config file 'physicsbodies' from server. Len: 87593
2017-10-22T00:56:05 167.968 INF Received config file 'blocks' from server. Len: 915346
2017-10-22T00:56:06 168.178 ERR Loading and parsing '' (Class 'BlockMortePlantGrowing, Mods' not found!)
2017-10-22T00:56:06 168.179 ERR Loading of blocks aborted due to errors!
2017-10-22T00:56:06 168.181 ERR   at BlocksFromXml.CreateBlocks (.XmlFile _xmlFile, Boolean _fillLookupTable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
2017-10-22T00:56:06 168.183 INF Received config file 'painting' from server. Len: 32158
2017-10-22T00:56:06 168.194 INF Received config file 'buffs' from server. Len: 68770
2017-10-22T00:56:06 168.216 INF Received config file 'misc' from server. Len: 5621
2017-10-22T00:56:06 168.219 INF Received config file 'items' from server. Len: 769338
2017-10-22T00:56:06 168.349 ERR Loading and parsing items xml file (Unknown block name 'wallTorchPlayer' in use_action!/  at ItemActionPlaceAsBlock.ReadFrom (.DynamicProperties _props) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at ItemClassesFromXml.CreateItems (.XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 )
2017-10-22T00:56:06 168.354 ERR Loading of items aborted due to errors!
2017-10-22T00:56:06 168.355 ERR   at ItemActionPlaceAsBlock.ReadFrom (.DynamicProperties _props) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at ItemClassesFromXml.CreateItems (.XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
Exception: Block with name 'treeTallGrassDiagonal' not found!
 at BlockPlantGrowing.LateInit () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at Block.LateInitAll () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at WorldStaticData.Init (System.String _name, .XmlFile _xmlFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at GameManager.ConfigFileReceived (System.String _name, System.Byte[] _data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at NetPackageConfigFile.ProcessPackage (.World _world, INetConnectionCallbacks _netConnectionCallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at ConnectionManager.HT (INetConnection , NetPackageDirection ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at ConnectionManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I installed it via 7DTD Launcher, but it seems to make a mistake somewhere ...

Need add food & drink & temp & level on hud, backpack bit small need bigger backpack & minibike storage, I hate always full backpack when looted.

As Xyth said maybe a bit bigger... Maybe... Especially if we can make it craftable... I don't know if it's just me, but I'm just the opposite... I hate how easy bigger backpacks makes things... No decisions, no last minute calls, no regrets... No need for donkeys... :)

As Xyth said maybe a bit bigger... Maybe... Especially if we can make it craftable... I don't know if it's just me, but I'm just the opposite... I hate how easy bigger backpacks makes things... No decisions, no last minute calls, no regrets... No need for donkeys... :)

I feel the same way! I like the wolf backpack previewed in A17. Maybe possible to add storage to tamable dogs?