Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good afternoon, all.

I'm just getting into Darkness Falls for the first time, and I had some questions about world generation. Prior to playing DF, I was playing vanilla with the POI CompoPack, using NitroGen to generate my worlds.

Is it recommended to play Darkness Falls on the pre-generated worlds that comes with it, or does it work perfectly fine using RWG?

If RWG is functional, is DF 2.5 compatible with the CompoPack?

Thank you in advance for any assistance. I tried going through the thread to find similar questions but I had no success.

Comment

can't start the game anymore. fresh install, just this mod(downloaded now). i got black screen only with cursor.

https://justpaste.it/4p0ti
      Last edited by relu; 02-13-2020, 11:22 PM.

Comment

im on pingperfect do i just clic instal on the site or i need to instal something else and did all my friend need to donwload them too

Comment

Evening, all.

I'm relatively new to 7D2D and am just starting DF for the first time, and had a question. Is it recommended that you use the pregenned worlds, or can you safely RWG a world without missing necessary POIs and biomes?

I'm trying to find a way to NitroGen a world, but I'm starting to realize that may be more trouble than it's worth, considering the prefablists haven't been updated in months.

Comment

So does the new version replace the existing one in the Mod Launcher as 'Darkness Falls'?

Comment

Originally posted by Diabhalri View Post
              Evening, all.

I'm relatively new to 7D2D and am just starting DF for the first time, and had a question. Is it recommended that you use the pregenned worlds, or can you safely RWG a world without missing necessary POIs and biomes?

I'm trying to find a way to NitroGen a world, but I'm starting to realize that may be more trouble than it's worth, considering the prefablists haven't been updated in months.
              I started a new game with NitroGen yesterday, and found my traders were protected without guards. So it seems that NitroGen might need an update. I did not continue to see if everything else worked though. Should probably do that, but if you don't have the time to actually test it, it would be safer to just use one of the many pregen DF maps available.

Especially since the guards are pretty useless now. Found more zombies inside the whiteriver trader, than outside, on the new game I started. Guards keep shooting in to the blocks in front of them, missing the zombies. So they just break through and walk around inside until they finally walk in to a rare line of sight of one of the guards.
              Last edited by Marinxar; 02-14-2020, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Diabhalri View Post
                Good afternoon, all.

I'm just getting into Darkness Falls for the first time, and I had some questions about world generation. Prior to playing DF, I was playing vanilla with the POI CompoPack, using NitroGen to generate my worlds.

Is it recommended to play Darkness Falls on the pre-generated worlds that comes with it, or does it work perfectly fine using RWG?

If RWG is functional, is DF 2.5 compatible with the CompoPack?

Thank you in advance for any assistance. I tried going through the thread to find similar questions but I had no success.
                Compo pack is already included in DF, and edited so the POI's are more balanced than they are in the base pack (and also tried to fix some of the bugs with quest markers appearing underground)

RWG works on 8k. I've heard some folks say it works on 6k. Anything else causes a crash.

Originally posted by relu View Post
                can't start the game anymore. fresh install, just this mod(downloaded now). i got black screen only with cursor.

https://justpaste.it/4p0ti
                Sounds like you have EAC on. You need to turn it off.

Originally posted by gleeton View Post
                im on pingperfect do i just clic instal on the site or i need to instal something else and did all my friend need to donwload them too
                This is an overhaul mod. You can't just put it on a server. EVERYONE needs it installed locally.

Originally posted by GameHopping View Post
                So does the new version replace the existing one in the Mod Launcher as 'Darkness Falls'?
                Yep.

Originally posted by Marinxar View Post
                I started a new game with NitroGen yesterday, and found my traders were protected without guards. So it seems that NitroGen might need an update. I did not continue to see if everything else worked though. Should probably do that, but if you don't have the time to actually test it, it would be safer to just use one of the many pregen DF maps available.

Especially since the guards are pretty useless now. Found more zombies inside the whiteriver trader, than outside, on the new game I started. Guards keep shooting in to the blocks in front of them, missing the zombies. So they just break through and walk around inside until they finally walk in to a rare line of sight of one of the guards.
                No zombies on the trader isn't a nitrogen issue. It sounds like you've somehow got the vanilla prefab. Guards are blocks that are saved to the prefab file.

Traders full of zombies are actually their own POI's called DFalls_DestroyedTrader

Comment

Originally posted by KhaineGB View Post

Traders full of zombies are actually their own POI's called DFalls_DestroyedTrader
                  No this was the actual mission trader ( One you have to go to once you fit your backpack. ) , with active guards and working trader. Had to kill zombies inside while the guards was shooting at them but just hitting blocks, or who knows what, and had some busy breaking down the wall. Playing on Dfalls-small3 pregen map. The normal trader without guards etc, was on the NitroGen map.
                  Last edited by Marinxar; 02-14-2020, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Huh. So apparently the game spawns zombies outside of the chunk you're in.

Interesting.

Comment

Hey Khaine, I was wondering if I could somehow add back "knock down nearby zombies" with sledgehammer power attacks. I was relying lot on that perk?

And I found that auger has missing Block damage bonus from installed mods:
                      <passive_effect name="ModPowerBonus" operation="perc_add" value=".1" tags="EntityDamage"/>

Shouldn't it be:
                      <passive_effect name="ModPowerBonus" operation="perc_add" value=".1" tags="EntityDamage,BlockDamage"/>

Or is that done on purpose?

Love DF generally, it prolonged 7DTD life for me, great work!!

Comment

Originally posted by Marinxar View Post

Do you use Compopack and it's prefablist for Nitrogen combined with the DF one? Compopacks Nitrogen prefablist above version 39 includes entries for custom town sizes as well as custom sizes for settlements and outbacks. Those entries will break the traders the way it happened for you. I had the same issue and fixed it by using the prefablist from Compopack 39 and adding new prefabs from Compopack 40+ and DF manually.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazha View Post
                          Hey Khaine, I was wondering if I could somehow add back "knock down nearby zombies" with sledgehammer power attacks. I was relying lot on that perk?

And I found that auger has missing Block damage bonus from installed mods:
                          <passive_effect name="ModPowerBonus" operation="perc_add" value=".1" tags="EntityDamage"/>

Shouldn't it be:
                          <passive_effect name="ModPowerBonus" operation="perc_add" value=".1" tags="EntityDamage,BlockDamage"/>

Or is that done on purpose?

Love DF generally, it prolonged 7DTD life for me, great work!!
                          Pretty sure that perk is already in the mod. I just got rid of the 3-level perks and combined them into the 5 level perks. Also, if you read the patch notes, ALL players get a knockdown on power attacks with ALL weapons. Your action skill just makes it better (sledgehammer has the best chance)

And yes, that was removed on purpose because it was causing players to LOSE XP.

Comment

Wont Run or stay running

i have had a problem with the new version of the mod for A18.3 i uninstalled it 4 times deleted it 4 times and it just crashes to desktop, then i downloaded the mod and manually installed it and the actual install stopped and said out of room, after a while i got it installed and it worked for 5 minutes before getting the "out of memory" error so i gave up, maybe someone here can help me!.

Comment

If you're getting an "Out of Room" error, then you don't have enough space on your HDD.

"Out of Memory" error is from not having a large enough page file for windows to use as virtual memory, which might be related to your out of room error as well.

Comment

Hi Khaine,
                                when i play the latest stable version for 18.3 and use the blood draw kit, the buff buffBloodDrawKit01name to buffBloodDrawKit04name together with buffBloodDrawKit01Desc to buffBloodDrawKit04Desc is missing from the localization folder, this makes the buff display as raw text in the Status Effects tab. Fix?

Comment

Working...
                                X