Xray Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xray Mod

I'm wondering if someone could take the xray mod from Minecraft and mod it towork for 7DTD? Im suprise there no xray mod yet

Oh god I hope not. That's really the last thing this game needs. There would be SO much griefing.

Comment

Yep, I'm totally against this mod. I'd go out of my way to make it Not work.

Comment

i meant for those people who can't find ore,

Comment

and if land protection is in, then why wouldn't that work?

Comment

Like I said, I'll fight it if I have to bork it myself. There is absolutely no reason to add xray, that mod will destroy this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Temporary land protection
            courtesy of HAL9000
            http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthr...tegration-v0-1

HOW-TO Add / modify the ore in your game world
            courtesy of BloodSlinger
            http://7daystodie.com/forums/showthr...our-game-world

No need for xray now is there?
            NO

Comment

Originally posted by BriBri1992 View Post
              and if land protection is in, then why wouldn't that work?
              I understand you have the best of intentions with it. But honestly, cheating is already a problem and will only get worse. Even with land protection on things can go wrong. Especially in the early stages of the game. Let's try to keep things like that as far from the game as possible as long as we can.

Comment

I'm sorry if I come across a bit hot under the collar.
                I've been around a very long time and been in game development where these types of suggestions destroy a game outright.

I will apologize for coming down a bit harsh and for "how" I made my earlier statement, but not "what" I stated in context - I meant every word, I'd fight it.

Your concept is sincere, but the best solution is not to throw a cheat / mod at something that changes the core functionality of the game, but to request of TFP to make changes into the game (a balance of what was and what is perhaps).

The older you get the more griefing makes you irritable. ;0)

Anyhow, hope you have a great day aside from my ranting.

Cheers
                Last edited by DarkNightsComing; 04-09-2014, 03:06 PM.

Comment

I am with everyone else that has commented on this page...as a "previous" minecraft player i NEVER used the xray mod and never will (being able to see thro the block would just ruin my heavily customized texture pack for minecraft and ruin the game for me).. I can't dig almost anywhere and not find a gravel deposit (with ore)... after a while your intuition should kick in and you "should just know" where to dig... and there are visual clues when you get near a ore vein...even if its behind stone.. in 7.7 i had so much ore i was throwing some away

hint:the ore seems to be moved up near the surface in 7.8 and 7.9

Comment

my previous post has a mistake should read "i can dig almost anywhere and find a gravel deposit" i can even dig straight down but i usually create a spiral ramp down with central supporting column and find gravel dig the gravel out and find your ore.. in 7.8 the gravel deposit i found was so huge i had to add support pillars to avoid the whole hill i dug under to not fall on my head...

if someone adds this to game...someone needs to make a mod to add to server that kicks out the user using it..

Comment

Locating mineral deposits should not be that easy... should be a metal detector that you need a rare recipe book and parts to make. Should not have a X ray mod at all in this game.

Comment

My understanding is that there will be a mod made for x-ray in a few days or has now, by a keen player.
                        Don't worry about those who are against it as it's their personal opinion and not yours. I could say Temporary land protection is a bad thing in the game as it's cheating if used in a PvP game, but every man to himself.
                        I don't see how ore x-ray will effect other players as there's already a x-ray glitch that most players will experience or use in every game.
                        My understanding is if the mod is used to enhance the game for a player without harming others, then its good.

A bit like the anti-gun people saying guns kill people and want guns banned, but the simple fact remains, its the person behind the gun that kills people.

If a person doesn't like the x-ray then password your server or play with people who you trust.

Comment

Because x-ray allows you to see bases below ground... how would that not affect cheaters? Not griping, just a fact.

Originally posted by Cryptic_Tundra View Post
                          Locating mineral deposits should not be that easy... should be a metal detector that you need a rare recipe book and parts to make. Should not have a X ray mod at all in this game.
                          This would make better sense, as you wouldn't be able to x-ray (see through) anything.

Comment

DarkNightsComing, the mod BriBri1992 is asking for is for ore as anyone, already can use the no ore x-ray glitch simply (even in 7.9) by digging and walking into the face of the wall to see everything except ore.
                            Last edited by mrpf; 04-12-2014, 02:51 AM.

Comment

This is the same for 7.9.. its the only way to hide your base underground but a person will know something is there as they will see the wall. http://youtu.be/d_5N90lVASo

Comment

Working...
                              X