A17 Bigger Backpack Mod!

KhaineGB

Something I threw together in a few mins tonight. :)

Currently this is only a 60 slot Bigger Backpack (32 unlocked, 28 locked via perk). There are now two versions available, the traditional version where you overwrite your files, and an xpath version that uses the mod folder. This is not a DLL mod, and thus does not break EAC. It DOES save all items in all slots in single player. I have not tested multiplayer as I did not have access to a dedicated build at the time, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

Enjoy! :)

"Original" style mod. (unzip to your 7 days to die/Data folder)

A17 - 60 Slot Backpack Mod.

A17 - 60 Slot Backpack Mod, with Food and Water indicators on the UI.

"XPath" style mod. (unzip to your 7 days to die/Mods folder)

A17 - 60 Slot Backpack Mod (Using XPath)

A17 - 60 Slot Backpack Mod, with Food and Water indicators on the UI. (Using XPath)

A17 - 96 Slot Backpack Mod (Using XPath)

A17 - 96 Slot Backpack Mod, with Food and Water indicators on the UI. (Using XPath)

Well i modded a dll (Single player only) but i miss something cause when i spamm "W" (get) on an item from the creative menu it stops @ 45 slot. If i exit the game and reenter it works as intended.

Edit: You must change the loot window size of the dropped backpack in loot.xml

PS: loot window size = backpack size+10 for the armor/clothes

Edit 2: When i loot my backpack with "R" i get an error (like mine with the pre-alpha experimental modded dll ;p)

Well i modded a dll (Single player only) but i miss something cause when i spamm "W" (get) on an item from the creative menu it stops @ 45 slot. If i exit the game and reenter it works as intended.

Edit: You must change the loot window size of the dropped backpack in loot.xml

PS: loot window size = backpack size+10 for the armor/clothes

Edit 2: When i loot my backpack with "R" i get an error (like mine with the pre-alpha experimental modded dll ;p)

Correction sorry.

Loot window size = backpack size + toolbelt size + 10 armor/clothes lol

And dll does not need to be edited for the backpack now

the only change is that instead of the dll we edit entityclasses.xml

Search the file for "<!-- number of slots on the inventory UI -->"

mine look like this:

<passive_effect name="CarryCapacity" operation="base_set" value="54"/>
<passive_effect name="BagSize" operation="base_set" value="144"/> <!-- number of slots on the inventory UI -->

Ofc you must edit the windows.xml loot.xml (the backpack you drop when you loot it must have inventory +8 toolbelt + 10 armor slots)

Perhaps i'm missing something (over 36H awake) but its all xml edits.

I made a dll version but it was a bit buggy and noone needs it :)

you must edit the progression.xml packmule perk.

I use a 144 inventory mod and the 2 things i edit to fit my backpack (with the packmule perk) are from entities.xml:

<passive_effect name="CarryCapacity" operation="base_set" value="54"/>

So i start with 58 non-enc slots and in progression.xml in the packmule perk :

<passive_effect name="CarryCapacity" operation="base_add" value="18" level="1"/>
<passive_effect name="CarryCapacity" operation="base_add" value="36" level="2"/>
<passive_effect name="CarryCapacity" operation="base_add" value="54" level="3"/>
<passive_effect name="CarryCapacity" operation="base_add" value="72" level="4"/>
<passive_effect name="CarryCapacity" operation="base_add" value="90" level="5"/>

so with each perk i add i ended with a +1 line in my inventory (8x18)

Here is a screenshot

OFC for the 144 inventory to fit i moved around some elements that got in the way like the output of workstations, fuff list in character window etc.

Cheers

Edit: I'm a hoarder so i changed the vehicle slots too and the player made chest ;p

Just downloaded and installed it, but Even with 15 slots open, I cannot pickup anything new.

Not sure if it related to having a 51m death penalty on me.

Just died and when trying to get my stuff back, got an array error, and then couldn`t do anything. Had to crash the game. Think i`ll have to wait a bit longer.

Not sure what's going on there. I made sure the loot container has been edited so it has enough room for all of the players stuff (including 2 slots spare) and tested it locally... all working fine.

You MAY need a new save game for it to work properly, because that's how I was testing it.

Not sure what's going on there. I made sure the loot container has been edited so it has enough room for all of the players stuff (including 2 slots spare) and tested it locally... all working fine.

You MAY need a new save game for it to work properly, because that's how I was testing it.

When i downloaded the experimental i started by editing the dll(strange it still got 45 slot entries in bag)

then i modded the xmls without the entities.xml

i encounter the bug that i could not get any more loot pass the 45 slot and a workaround was to just put an item in the 55th slot and all worked fine. Just once per save not every-time.

Has anyone checked if the hardcoded value for bag (SetSlots, GetSlots) in the dll affects anything in the new version?

Is it safe to set the backpack to more then 90 slots?

And does anyone have problems with storage larger then 90 slots? I got index out of range error when I tried picking up dropped backpack when I tried 200 slots. And it was truncated to 90 slots.

In loot.xms for vehicles I found this:

<!-- vehicleBicycle storage, vehicle storage max is 90 slots, width has worked up to 16+ -->

Anyone checked what would happen with larger storage?

I have a 200 slot backpack no issues now. I edited the entity classes male entity and first I only change bag capacity but when I changed the line above to 200 as well all works great no dll editing needed

In this case what happens if you get killed, drop the backpack with all 200 slots used and try to pick it up?

Just pressing R to pick everything up results in index out of range error in console for me.

In this case what happens if you get killed, drop the backpack with all 200 slots used and try to pick it up?

Just pressing R to pick everything up results in index out of range error in console for me.

Then you haven't done 1 or 2 things.

First check your loot.xml for loot container dropped backpack make sure it is the size - backpack + toolbelt + clothing

Then you need to go to xui/windows.xml search looting and make sure that is the same size as the lootcontainer

Archived