A17 Custom Vehicles Modlet

manux

A17 Custom Vehicles Modlet

This is an XML-only A17 modlet that features some of my A16 Custom Vehicles, along with many new cool ones.

- All vehicles use the A17 vanilla vehicle system, which means they all feature the new awesome vehicle physics system.

- Not all the A16 vehicles are in there, but there's a good selection. Each Vehicle has it's own personality, and they are a lot of fun!

- It does not contain all the features I have in the A16 mod. And I am not certain I will ever port the full A16 Custom Vehicles mod to A17. But TFP implemented so many of the features I have in the A16 mod, that you won't be missing that many features. :smile-new:

- There is currently none of the vehicles that require custom c# code in order to work. So, no Beast, no Boat, and no Weapons.

- Recipes and progression are contained in the modlet.

There's more details about the modlet in the ReadMe of the github links below:

Downloads

Modlet Version

- Simply download and copy the Modlet under the Mods folder of your A17 installation.

- The relative path should look something like this: "...\7 Days To Die\Mods\manux_CustomVehicles_A17_modlet"

- I don't think modlets can currently add the content of their Localization.txt file to the game, so you can simply copy the content of the Config/Localization.txt file into the Game's Localization.txt file.

SDX Version

- The SDX version only has the advantage of automatically deploying the Localization file.

- You need A17 SDX Launcher version 0.7.3 to deploy this version.

The new toys in action

[video=youtube_share;OKTsIO4xcEI]

[video=youtube_share;7U7VUzD9iWM]

More Vids HERE

Featured Vehicles

- Cicada Car: Not the fastest vehicle, but it has a lot of Storage.

- Quad: What would be the Apocalypse without a Quad.

- Dust2Death's RoadHog: A faster version of the MotorCycle.

- HellGoat Bike: The fastest and most agile vehicle. Perfect to cover long distances quicker, or have fun in the mountains.

- Mono-Hog: A Monocycle Hog. Original, Fast, strong, agile, and a hopper.

- High-Power 4x4 Truck: A faster, more powerful 4x4.

- Monster Beetle: Big, Fast, Strong, and Deadly. It even hops. A King's Ride!

- Human-Powered Gyrocopter: A human-powered Gyrocopter using pedals like the bicycle. No gas required.

- Jet Pack: A MacGyver-style dream ride!

- Helicopter OH-58: A fast and more stable flying ride, that can sit up to 8 persons.

All Bikes and the Quad have 2 seats, the Cars/Trucks have 4 and the Helico has 8. Vanilla vehicles seats have also been increased accordingly.

Special Thanks

Special Thanks to Mumpfy for his great texture work on many of the vehicles present in this modlet and in the A16 full vehicle mod. And also for some modeling help and his eye for nailing the look of kick-ass vehicles like the Monster Beetle.

Thanks to Chaos for his help on the Monster Beetle modeling, a very talented person, I hope we continue working together in the future.

Thanks to all the 3D creators of the original vehicle models, and also to all people of have helped in the past one way or another, especially for the A16 full mod: Dust2Death, Guppy, TormentedEmu, HAL9000, Sphereii, Three8, JaxTeller.

See the full list and details HERE

Edited by manux (see edit history)

TERMS OF USE

License:

Creative Commons

Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0

International (CC BY-NC 4.0)

In summary:

- This license lets you remix, tweak, and build upon my work non-commercially, as long as you credit me in your mod.

- You cannot ask for money for downloading your mod, if it includes my mod, or a modified version of my mod. Having a link for voluntary donations for you mod is ok.

Please refer to the 2 links below for more information on the license:

View License Deed

View Legal Code

Additional Restrictions

Some Assets in this mod were purchased from the Sketchfab store.

See the list of purchased Assets and their details on my github readme, under the Terms of Use section.

The following additional restrictions apply for those assets:

- If you include those 3D Assets in your mod along with my mod or a modified version of my mod, you do not need to re-purchase them from Sketchfab.

- You cannot distribute those 3D Assets individually, or as part of your mod, if you are not including my mod or a modified version of my mod.

- Those Assets can only be present in your mod if they are in a binary file, like a .unity3d resource file.

- You cannot extract those Assets from the binary files using Assets extraction softwares, to modify them further, and then add them back to your mod.

- You cannot ask for money for downloading your mod, if it includes my mod, a modified version of my mod, and/or those Assets from my mod. Having a link for voluntary donations for you mod is ok.

- If you wish to include those purchased assets individually, or make modifications to them, you have to purchase them from Sketchfab.

This is great. one question though, maybe im missing the latest fad .. what is a modlet and the difference from a mod? im getting very confused lol

Not sure if modlet is the official name, but everybody is using it. :smile-new:

Basically, a modlet is a small mod that just adds a few modular functionalities, compared to a big mod that completely changes the game.

A17 now has built-in xpath support to facilitate the creation of these modlets. So players can pick and choose the modlets they want in order to build the type of game they are looking for.

This is great. one question though, maybe im missing the latest fad .. what is a modlet and the difference from a mod? im getting very confused lol

A mod requires editing of the game xmls and files.

A modlet simply inputs the edits to the game and no physical editing of the vanilla files are required. Swap and change em as you wish.

Any thoughts on how to get this working on a dedicated server?

Haven't tried, but heard you need mods both on server and clients.

There's no c# code in this modlet, so it should theoretically be easy to have this work for dedi...

Any thoughts on how to get this working on a dedicated server?

Works fine on Dedicated Server, tested with 10 players online, You just have to make sure the Clients have the Mod as well as it contains Resource files that they need in order for them to use them.

I installed and tried all the vehicles out. They're all amazing, thank you for sharing! I loved them so much, I introduced them on my blog. I now get about 3000 to 5000 views a day on my blog. I hope you don't mind me writing about your modlet.

Glad you like it!

No problem for talking about them on your blog, more people need to be able to enjoy this :smile-new:

I'd be curious to see your blog... can you send the address (PM it if you prefer).

Works fine on Dedicated Server, tested with 10 players online, You just have to make sure the Clients have the Mod as well as it contains Resource files that they need in order for them to use them.

Good news, thanks FastBurst.

The only problem I can see is that some of the vehicles are pretty heavy (big triangle count on the meshes especially). So if some of you want to have a mad max style battle royale with 16 vehicles, frame rate may drop a bit more than usual. I'll try to make them lower-resolution in the future...

A mod requires editing of the game xmls and files.

A modlet simply inputs the edits to the game and no physical editing of the vanilla files are required. Swap and change em as you wish.

so to remove a modlet from your game is just a matter of removing the modlet from the mods folder?