Remove crosshair while aiming (right click)

Deceptive Pastry

It annoyed me that the crosshair remains while aiming, and considering the ironsights are pretty accurate I just removed them from all weapons except the Wooden Bow. I've also left the FOV modifiers while aiming in if you want to change them, I like slightly less zoom myself. As is they are just set to default values and nothing changes.

[ATTACH]25915[/ATTACH]

Install:

Place the "RemoveCrosshairOnAim" folder in 7 Days To Die\Mods. If the "Mods" folder doesn't exist, create one.

Tweaks:

If you want to also remove the crosshair from the Wooden Bow, open up RemoveCrosshairOnAim\Config\items.xml and remove the section highlighted in Orange.

To change the FOV values, open up items.xml and change the values highlighted Yellow. Lower numbers = greater zoom effect.

<!-- Remove crosshair while aiming -->
<set xpath="/items/item[color="#FFA500"][not (@name='gunWoodenBow')][/color]/property[@name='CrosshairOnAim']/@value">false</set>

<!-- FOV for weapon sights in general (default: 55) -->
<set xpath="/items/item/property[@class='Action1']/property[@name='Zoom_max_out']/@value">[color="#FFFF00"]55[/color]</set>
<set xpath="/items/item/property[@class='Action1']/property[@name='Zoom_max_in']/@value">[color="#FFFF00"]55[/color]</set>

<!-- FOV specifically for Compound Bow sights (default: 40) -->
<set xpath="/items/item[@name='gunCompoundBow']/property[@class='Action1']/property[@name='Zoom_max_out']/@value">[color="#FFFF00"]40[/color]</set>
<set xpath="/items/item[@name='gunCompoundBow']/property[@class='Action1']/property[@name='Zoom_max_in']/@value">[color="#FFFF00"]40[/color]</set>

RemoveCrosshairOnAim.zip

I don't believe I've had that issue. It still has crosshairs with no scope attached?

If you are talking about aiming with a scope, I purposely left the crosshair on for that because the scope lines are really tough to see otherwise, poor contrast. Scope sight is really in need of a better texture. The reflex sight on the other hand I turned them off because the laser dot is plenty easy to see.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived