Rave party in an abandoned factory

orak

2145243934_ravefactory.jpg.e5c0d3a490910cf2d7526d88cbae41d7.jpg

Hi! I've made my first prefab and quite a big one. This is a first version and I may have done a few mistakes, I'll modify it later.

I tried to put it in a randomgen and it works, but only when I insert it threw xml with coordonates. But for some reasons when I try to make a random gen without manually insert it into the world, my prefab is never created.

I must do something wrong here but i don't know what it is.

I got my prefab in "prefabs.xml" and in "rwgmixer.xml".

While other xcustom prefab are here, mine is never created. Any idea about that?

Few other things:

- I may change the size of the prefab, i don't know how it will pop in a random gen (altitude, roads...).

- I'll probably tweak sleepers settings, it may be a bit rough. It is just one big spawner volume for now.

That's all, if you try it please tell me what you think about it!

Cheers

EDIT: VERSION 1.2 (21/12/2018)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jkto23cvxz6a5o2/NEW%20PREFAB.zip?dl=0

absolute amazing - u rock

I love your detail-work and how everything is laying around - just wonderful

And the lightshow really freaked me out (maybe because I never saw that in 7d before ;) )

Its amazing how we can use the lights now in A17

And the best thing for me atm - it loads without any Issues

It would be a pleasure for me to add this to the next COMPOPACK - Can I have it ?

Thanks! I've spend more time than expected working on it, so I'm glad you like it!

Of course you can add it to your pack, i didn't do that just for me ;)

Has it spawned in a random gen or did you test-play it in the prefab editor?

I'd like to see how it spawn first before you add it. Also I'd like to add quests, modify zombies spawn and change a few things in the xml.

What do you think about the loot? Does it seem balance to you? I don't want it to be OP and I like when the loot makes sense but i could add a bit more loot maybe. It depends on the difficulty tho.

About the lightshow, I've thaught about making it with non-POI spots and true generator. It seems a bit weird in a post apocalyptic world that lights are always on!

Allso, the player could turn it on when he's at the upper area, it adds a bit of interaction and can decide; the lights are quite agressive! What do you think about that?

Thanks! I've spend more time than expected working on it, so I'm glad you like it!

Of course you can add it to your pack, i didn't do that just for me ;)

Has it spawned in a random gen or did you test-play it in the prefab editor?

I'd like to see how it spawn first before you add it. Also I'd like to add quests, modify zombies spawn and change a few things in the xml.

What do you think about the loot? Does it seem balance to you? I don't want it to be OP and I like when the loot makes sense but i could add a bit more loot maybe. It depends on the difficulty tho.

About the lightshow, I've thaught about making it with non-POI spots and true generator. It seems a bit weird in a post apocalyptic world that lights are always on!

Allso, the player could turn it on when he's at the upper area, it adds a bit of interaction and can decide; the lights are quite agressive! What do you think about that?

i have just spawned it in the POI-editor and checked for errors in the console and had a quick flytrough in godmode.

To have it in RWG the prefab's own xml has to be tweaked and ofc a entry in the rwgmixer.xml

But thats no big deal - the prefab is working and it will appear in the RWG-world without any problems when the xml-entries are done

Loot and Light seems to be OK - also Sleeper-amount

There is only one big SleeperVolume to trigger all the Sleepers in the POI - but thats also no big deal (other POI (even vanilla) have this too atm)

about electricity:

Yes it makes no sense in a postapocalyptic sceanrio but we life with this since alpha1 - so y worry about that - Its just a game and it looks good!

IMO there is no way to save the electricy-circuit in the prefab (pls tell me if u know it better)

ofc u can tweak and balance Lights and Sleepers in future - but for me this POI is already almost perfect

(I wish all my prefabs would be like this)

So I got a new version, slightly different.

I didn' t touch lights, don' t know much about the electricity in game so I don' t know how it would work in POI's.

Other small changes : some loot, paint, zombies... and add a few deco here and there.

Quest seems to work now!

You can add it to your pack for the new alpha if you want.

I may change a few things later, I' ve been a bit lazy concerning the roof, and It would be good to modify sleepers spawns.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
So I got a new version, slightly different.

I didn' t touch lights, don' t know much about the electricity in game so I don' t know how it would work in POI's.

Other small changes : some loot, paint, zombies... and add a few deco here and there.

Quest seems to work now!

You can add it to your pack for the new alpha if you want.

I may change a few things later, I' ve been a bit lazy concerning the roof, and It would be good to modify sleepers spawns.

Cheers

Once you build a prefab and have exported it. go to the editor in the main menu and select prefab editor and spawn your prefab in it. Now all you have to do is go up to a light you want on and turn it on.

Archived