Hurtz End Metro Station by Blackrook

Blackrook

This is my first prefab and things didn't quite go as planned as the prefab ended up much larger than I planned.

As well as the station with underground train track running up one side, I

had to fill the space above ground there is also a park/junkyard/firework factory.

But theres a few hidden areas underground.

Tested it multiplayer on alpha 17.1 , with 3 of us at lvl 200ish and it seemed to work okay.

I ripped some chunks of buildings etc from Vanilla and also stole from GuppyCurs bank for a base building when

I started the bank itself. So thanks to Guppy.

I've also added a couple of cut down versions - ie smaller version with just the station and short track, plus the fireworks

in a separate prefab.

Feel free to use/hack/slash and adapt as you feel fit.

All the files can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qhovczdli4rcbsi/xcustom_metro%20by%20blackrook.zip?dl=0

hurtzend1.thumb.jpg.58bfa099a7e7bf8e465c285016897015.jpg

hurtzend2.thumb.jpg.7131007f96164660058bbc1e1a09a301.jpg

hurtzend3.thumb.jpg.3d0c558e3109d0db0a9ea440d9009edb.jpg

Guppy - The teller section made an ideal ticket office, so I didn't see the point of re-inventing the wheel and ending up using the whole thing as a base structure :-)

I'm having fun making the prefabs, but am wondering if anyone out there is 'hand' making maps that might use them,

especially considering the trouble with the Random maps and Compopaks at the moment.

It really would be nice if the pimps could get prefabs integrated with steam workshop to automatically add to random gen.

This would be a game changer in increasing variety and the longtime life of the game.

Most prefabs people make do end up in the compopack, but yeh there seems to be a slight hold state on the massive amounts of prefabs people usually crank out (myself included). For me, it's due to moving on to other modding interests (vehicles at the moment), I can't speak for others.

Yeh I can see it in my head; empty the waiting area of the bank, put in benches, yeh... good call.

At some point when a17 becomes "really stable", I'll put up a prefab server and that usually gets 30 or 40 people on and all we DO is build/export prefabs (the tools are all on the server)... some even get distributed... I hope you join us when that happens. =)

I'm usually building stuff in quiet hours at work (and then shoot stuff in the evenings), but it might be nice to do some coop builds on a server with other people.

It might be nice as well to put a joint map together with a group of people though for release.

Some new prefabs, and existing prefabs from compo and handcraft it.

Most prefabs people make do end up in the compopack, but yeh there seems to be a slight hold state on the massive amounts of prefabs people usually crank out (myself included). For me, it's due to moving on to other modding interests (vehicles at the moment), I can't speak for others.

Yeh I can see it in my head; empty the waiting area of the bank, put in benches, yeh... good call.

At some point when a17 becomes "really stable", I'll put up a prefab server and that usually gets 30 or 40 people on and all we DO is build/export prefabs (the tools are all on the server)... some even get distributed... I hope you join us when that happens. =)

I will when that happens ;)

@Blackrook:

looks good what i see from the pics so far

rock on

@Blackrook

Very nice prefab.I tried to spawn it in Navezgane 17.1 (b9),adding custom coordinates in prefabs file etc..but game loads and error that says prefab cant be loaded..Missing some ID block file??

I'd tested twice it by adding to an existing map on our multiplayer server, and it loaded in fine (apart from a tree bug I'm trying to figure out)

But I've just tried adding to /data/worlds/navezgane/prefabs.xml and then started a new game and it loaded up with no error as well.

You should have 6 files for each prefab saved in /data/prefabs

Not sure what else might be missing, I'm new to doing the prefabs, this was my first attempt, so not sure what might be wrong with it.

Can you upload a output.log. does the dl have a .nim file like prefabname.nim

I found the error. When typing in prefab file a name of prefab, I was mistake a letter :-)

Now it is working properly without any problems.

Thanks for help guys and again..good nice prefab. I like the train and subway..

Archived