Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's Build a Vessel...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by tin33cro View Post
    I have a problem.
    When I go into ship,the down section of ship is under water..Is that normal or is that error?

    [IMG][/IMG]
    That's sorta cool, like the ship is sinking lol...

    Comment


    • #77
      Yeh when I first saw it I thought it was intentional. I ended up liking it.

      Comment


      • #78
        There are clearly visible holes in the water and a big section of the ship (actually the most import part) is more or less inaccessible. How can you like that lol?
        Last edited by Pille; 08-31-2019, 12:30 AM.

        Comment


        • #79
          Water is weird. I just accept that...

          ...besides, I have scuba XML.

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Guppycur View Post
            Water is weird. I just accept that...

            ...besides, I have scuba XML.
            You are lazy and that's all. But that's okay since I don't believe in free will. You can't stop your brain from executing it's quasi-deterministic program.

            Comment


            • #81
              Ha, can't argue with that. =)

              Comment


              • #82
                I am working on the A18 version of the vessel. The surrounding lake is smaller than the one of the A17 POI, so the distant mesh should work this time.



                Preview pic in 4k^^:






                Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to spawn in random worlds atm. So you have to spawn it manually. Anyway, I will try to fix that later:

                DOWNLOAD LINK (A18)
                Last edited by Pille; 10-14-2019, 01:35 PM.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Small update:

                  * Improved the ship's hull
                  * added fetch quest item and xml entries
                  * added some minor details and fixed some texture issues
                  * changed block on the top of one of the ladders which prevented you from leaving the lowest deck (custom world version)


                  Hull before and after improvements:



                  Dumb forum. I didn't want to make that a new post. lol


                  Edit:
                  Reuploaded the ship 5 minutes ago because the used pumpkin lantern block crashed the game ...
                  Last edited by Pille; 10-19-2019, 12:37 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Nice detailing pille. Those bumps would drive me crazy lol...

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by Laz Man View Post
                      Nice detailing pille. Those bumps would drive me crazy lol...
                      Yep, that robbed me of my sleep.
                      Last edited by Pille; 10-22-2019, 05:01 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by Pille View Post
                        Yep, that robbed me of my sleep.
                        I may need to request your help with smoothing out some of slopes of my prison. 😅. Its in a decent state right now but there are some rough edges (no pun intended). Maybes it's better that way though (more natural

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by Pille View Post


                          Okay, so how to do that?

                          I get it's terrain blocks and something something density. I know you posted something about it wayy back and given the great forum search tools I will never manage to recover it :P

                          Can you give us a tutorial on density manipulation? Or is it all trial and error anyway and there's not much to teach?

                          I want to make a set of road prefabs and I need slopes. But I also need sidewalks and asphalt that fits with them :]
                          Would have taken the easy way out with the new 4-blocks ramp which gives some decent options now, but TFP decided to take away the paintable asphalt texture and none of the others look good for streets, really.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            In his editor, set the densities of the individual blocks. I suspect he's taken the time to make a prefab with a block that shows every density...

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by Laz Man View Post
                              I may need to request your help with smoothing out some of slopes of my prison. ��. Its in a decent state right now but there are some rough edges (no pun intended). Maybes it's better that way though (more natural
                              Let me know if you really need help. I assume it would be easier than sculpturing the ship's hull.^^

                              Originally posted by Kam R. View Post
                              Okay, so how to do that?

                              I get it's terrain blocks and something something density. I know you posted something about it wayy back and given the great forum search tools I will never manage to recover it :P

                              Can you give us a tutorial on density manipulation? Or is it all trial and error anyway and there's not much to teach?

                              I want to make a set of road prefabs and I need slopes. But I also need sidewalks and asphalt that fits with them :]
                              Would have taken the easy way out with the new 4-blocks ramp which gives some decent options now, but TFP decided to take away the paintable asphalt texture and none of the others look good for streets, really.
                              Guppy is right. I've used my editor to set the density. You're talking about the formula in this comment.
                              https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...l=1#post754708

                              The formula is for the two-dimensional case though. Applying it to the three-dimensional hull was quite difficult. Perhaps I can make a tutorial, yes. Still need to find time.^^ I guess I could add a tool to the editor...

                              Originally posted by Guppycur View Post
                              I suspect he's taken the time to make a prefab with a block that shows every density...
                              Nope, that wouldn't be useful.
                              Last edited by Pille; 10-29-2019, 12:32 PM.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                ...I stopped reading at "Guppy is right." ;-)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X