[Prefab] The Walking Dead Prison

Laz Man

Hello Survivors,

I present to you my interpretation of the prison from the Walking Dead TV series. Please feel free to provide constructive criticism as I am always looking for ways to improve. Enjoy!!!!!!

CURRENT COMPATIBLE VERSION (as of 11/04/19) : ALPHA 18.1 Experimental B5

Changelog:

v1.6 (11/04/19)

- Alpha 18.1 experiemental B5 Converted/Updated/Tested.

- Static Prefab Files Only (no Navesgane or RWG installation instructions provided)

- Sleepers to be added in the next version

- Will be updated to be a T4/T5 Fetch Quest POI in the next version

- Installation instructions included for use with Sam Neill's "Small Island" custom world (V13) map. Thank you Sam for allocating a location for the prison!!! See link below.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?125463-World-Small-Island-handmade-map

v1.51 (01/5/16)

- Fixed issue with terrain blocks appearing within trees.

v1.5 (12/30/15)

- Alpha 13.6 Tested. Designed for Random Gen Games Only. A Navesgane version will be included in a

later version.

- Expanded wilderness area around prison (trees, rocks, shrubs, river, bridge, etc.)

- Utilized new blocks (Dumpsters, FuseBox, Control Panels etc.)

- Replaced all fencing with chainlink fence and barbed wired blocks

- Updated density values on most sloped terrain to improve smoothness

- Updated density values on transition blocks to improve smoothness (i.e. grass to concrete)

- Removed/Replaced obsolete blocks

v1.0 (7/23/15)

- Content Complete (Alpha 12.3 Tested)

- Compatible with Random Gen Games Only. A Navesgane version will be included in a later version.

- Removed/Replaced obsolete blocks

- Utilized new blocks (steelWall, Tables, etc.)

- Replaced all cabinetTopPlate blocks (Reflections made them inapproriate for what they were being used for)

- Replaced all barbedWire blocks (Due to the fact they do damage players now)

- Updated ventilation system blocks

v0.4 (05/14/15)

- Pre-release #3 (Alpha 11.4 Tested)

- Compatible with Random Gen Games Only. A Navesgane version will be included in a later version.

- Converted from Alpha 10 to Alpha 11 via Hal's Prefab Converter Utility.

- Fixed incorrect block rotations for all blocks (i.e. poles, stairs, etc.)

- Re-added block decals (i.e. trash, blood stains, etc.)

- Replaced some barbedWire blocks with railingWroughtIron blocks (Due to the fact they do damage players now)

- Removed some loot containers for balancing purposes

- Added Static Zombie Spawns in key areas within the Prefab (i.e. Cops, Dogs, and more...)

v0.3 (12/14/14)

- Pre-release #2 (Alpha 10.3 Tested)

- Replaced outdated blocks

- Replaced all doors with new destructable/upgradable models

- Added New Container Types (Beer Cooler, Pill Case, Shotgun Messiah Box, Working Stiffs Box, etc.)

- Added several new rooms (Infirmary, Additional Restroom, Storage Closets

-Updated block decals (blood spatter, trash debris, etc.)

v0.2 (08/11/14)

- Pre-release. (Alpha 8.8 Tested)

Known Issues:

-Distant POI Mesh may pop in/out at random times while exploring the prefab.

-Loot Balance is still a work in progress

-No Sleepers configured as of yet

Screenshots (17.4):

https://imgur.com/a/6RnaQ24

Videos:

Preview Video (v1.6):

[video=youtube_share;mkAU76Gc9hk]

Download Link: (v1.6, Alpha 18.1 experiemental Build 5):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gbdhke1uvaartdf/LazManPrison%20v1.6.zip?dl=0

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

Woot, will be grabbing this once I am at my pc, coffee first, nothing happens before coffee.... (Still looking for that expresso maker in 7dtd)

Will be interesting to see this in RWG, madmole mentioned super hordes in his blog with his screen shots, im curious to how this will look getting over run by them, I had a flash of the last day at the prison when I read that, and thought..."omg that would be awwwesome.

Do have one question because I didn't notice, does this have the gardens they made in the movie, or is this more like their first day arriving at the prison?

When npc's get introduced that could be fun, if we were allowed to create new npcs and script our own dialog for them. Adding a bunch of the characters from the movie to the prison... "Ah crap its daryl and he's pissed,"

Woot, will be grabbing this once I am at my pc, coffee first, nothing happens before coffee.... (Still looking for that expresso maker in 7dtd)

Will be interesting to see this in RWG, madmole mentioned super hordes in his blog with his screen shots, im curious to how this will look getting over run by them, I had a flash of the last day at the prison when I read that, and thought..."omg that would be awwwesome.

Do have one question because I didn't notice, does this have the gardens they made in the movie, or is this more like their first day arriving at the prison?

When npc's get introduced that could be fun, if we were allowed to create new npcs and script our own dialog for them. Adding a bunch of the characters from the movie to the prison... "Ah crap its daryl and he's pissed,"

Very good question. This would be the prison before ricks group arrived.... So no garden. Your welcome to try and retake the prison as your own...😀...before the governor gets there...

Edited by Laz Man (see edit history)

Very good question. This would be the prison before ricks group arrived.... So no garden. Your welcome to try and retake the prison as your own......before the governor gets there...

Oh heck yeah im gonna retake that there prison! Lol it actually looks big enough that you wont be attracting outside hordes unless your close to the outer edges, which is nice, gives you a bit of safety in retro spect. Zombie respawns, only thing im worried about after taking it lol.

Oh heck yeah im gonna retake that there prison! Lol it actually looks big enough that you wont be attracting outside hordes unless your close to the outer edges, which is nice, gives you a bit of safety in retro spect. Zombie respawns, only thing im worried about after taking it lol.

Would be nice if the devs would add a special block to prevent nearby zombie spawns. (More than the bedroll) Otherwise it becomes near impossible to secure a large building.

Perhaps 10 or more players can place their bedrolls strategically for now lol.

Or if you placed multiple bedrolls / beds it would keep the spawns out, really isn't any way to maintain if your playing SP, and even in MP the only way to ensure no zombies inside is having a bed every 20 blocks (15 blocks out from bed so 5 blocks have to overlap to cover the full area). Be nice if there was a block like a land claim block that just marked a fort. Place the block and it looks for the connected outside blocks that surround it to mark that as a safe no zombie zone within that walls area. say 30-60 blocks outward max to look for a wall that surrounds the block, no wall, no safe zone. 30-60 blocks being a setting just like land claims are done.

Kinda like minecraft does to identify what constitutes a house, as no skeletons/creepers/zombies/spiders will spawn within a building thats tagged as a house (though in their case there is no block, it has to be built within a existing village, and only the above ground area is safe)

Edited by caleb68
Misworded (see edit history)

Would be nice if the devs would add a special block to prevent nearby zombie spawns. (More than the bedroll) Otherwise it becomes near impossible to secure a large building.

Perhaps 10 or more players can place their bedrolls strategically for now lol.

Not sure how I never thought of this lol... you guys all amaze me often with things i never thought of... not to side track your thread, but is there any known radius for bedrolls?

Takes some time to fully explore that prison lol....

everything is awesome, great job :D I did find only one thing that looked odd, a floating tv in the building over to the back with the large open metal gates

2014-08-14_00001.jpg

but that was it, everything else looked great... even got stuck in a dead end while being chased lol that was not fun.

Doesn't work in Firefox, keeps popping up the sign up window when I click download. Worked in chrome. Can't explain that.

I can't speak for your set up, but I've used Firefox exclusively for over 10 years. It worked perfectly fine with my Firefox... heh. I don't mean that in a negative way just saying. Are you running a script-blocker or something? Adblock or a similar program won't interfere with the link that was posted, but a script-blocker may.

All moot anyways, you got it downloaded... hehe.

Takes some time to fully explore that prison lol....

everything is awesome, great job :D I did find only one thing that looked odd, a floating tv in the building over to the back with the large open metal gates

2014-08-14_00001.jpg

but that was it, everything else looked great... even got stuck in a dead end while being chased lol that was not fun.

Good catch. Will fix in next version. Did you find all the hidden rooms? :)

FYI, that room is suppose to be the library where carol was teaching the kids how to use knives. The storage chest is the knife box. :)

Good catch. Will fix in next version. Did you find all the hidden rooms? :)

FYI, that room is suppose to be the library where carol was teaching the kids how to use knives. The storage chest is the knife box. :)

Hidden rooms? No didnt find any, so still more to look for! Did run in circles a couple times though lol. Loved the sleeping area, and when I found the boilier room i was like 'awesome'. Lots of spots that reminded me of scenes in the series :). You should make a version of when they were living in it, add some player spawns to the inside and zombie spawns outside the fence, then we could do the overrun scene :D