No announcement yet.

Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a bug with randomgen, in the rwgmixer "max_count" is set to 1, but I've got 4 Notre-Dame next to each other in the same town...
    Anyway to fix that?

Comment

- Edit -

Nevermind, figured it out.
      Last edited by wwesn; 12-21-2018, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by orak View Post
        I've got a bug with randomgen, in the rwgmixer "max_count" is set to 1, but I've got 4 Notre-Dame next to each other in the same town...
        Anyway to fix that?
        its not my fault

we have this Issue during the whole complete alpha since rwg was introduced to the game.
        Its a well known bug, but TFP don't react to that

fact is the engine that generates RWG dont follow the rules from the rwgmixer.xml most times

In addition to that IMO the prob-command also seems to not work probably
        IMO it is very difficult to aim the right value for getting the wished effect
        actual it was so in A16 - didnt have time to test this in A17 yet

the only chance I see atm is to increase the variety of possible prefabs to spawn (adding more prefabs to the CP)

I want u to remember that the rwgmixer.xml is still version 3.0
        maybe the engine behind grew up a littlebit - but is still halfbaked

ok - case closed (again)

next topic:

what the hell TFP did with the RWG-world ???
        The RWG-world looked so cute in b208 and now this ?????????????
        since b233 the world-generation is a mess - esp. the street-generation and superespecially the density of POI's in the towns.
        IMO it has something to do how they handled the problem with the floating Prefabs.
        (btw. the Floating-Prefab-Issue is still not fixed in b238 !!!)
        Since b238 the Town-prefabs are resting now on kinda even mounds (like the wilderness-POI's in A16)
        This eats important spawning-space and causes prefabs to NOT spawn next to each other.
        And overall it looks bad - check this out:

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Magoli View Post
          its not my fault

we have this Issue during the whole complete alpha since rwg was introduced to the game.
          Its a well known bug, but TFP don't react to that

fact is the engine that generates RWG dont follow the rules from the rwgmixer.xml most times

In addition to that IMO the prob-command also seems to not work probably
          IMO it is very difficult to aim the right value for getting the wished effect
          actual it was so in A16 - didnt have time to test this in A17 yet

the only chance I see atm is to increase the variety of possible prefabs to spawn (adding more prefabs to the CP)

I want u to remember that the rwgmixer.xml is still version 3.0
          maybe the engine behind grew up a littlebit - but is still halfbaked

ok - case closed (again)

next topic:

what the hell TFP did with the RWG-world ???
          The RWG-world looked so cute in b208 and now this ?????????????
          since b233 the world-generation is a mess - esp. the street-generation and superespecially the density of POI's in the towns.
          IMO it has something to do how they handled the problem with the floating Prefabs.
          (btw. the Floating-Prefab-Issue is still not fixed in b238 !!!)
          Since b238 the Town-prefabs are resting now on kinda even mounds (like the wilderness-POI's in A16)
          This eats important spawning-space and causes prefabs to NOT spawn next to each other.
          And overall it looks bad - check this out:
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]26500[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]26501[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]26502[/ATTACH]

LOL
          Yes this issues have been around for ages as mags said. You can use max="1" remove all probs and min_counts from the rwgmixer and it should temp fix it.

MAGS

Maybe copy the rwgmixer of B208 with the roads and paste it in b238 rwgmixer paste over b238 road stuff see if that helps.

Comment

While walking around i saw alot less prefabs with this then i did without it.

Well except for the 5 traders in one area

Comment

Originally posted by wwesn View Post

Same here, its not as dense as before.

Comment

Great mod!
                Lots of prefabs to check out!
                Nice variety too!

Comment

Originally posted by wwesn View Post

I have the same issue, 8 traders within one kilometer of eachother, city/town gen seems fine, its just the rural roads with probably 95% vacant space, 4% that does generate are traders, the other 1% a mix between vanilla and comp mod poi's.

Comment

Originally posted by wektis View Post
                    I have the same issue, 8 traders within one kilometer of eachother, city/town gen seems fine, its just the rural roads with probably 95% vacant space, 4% that does generate are traders, the other 1% a mix between vanilla and comp mod poi's.
                    Had the same problem you are describing before the mod. Cluster of traders in center and not much else.

Comment

Same issue here. I have clusters of military bases and factories, a few sporadic vanilla POIs, but that's about it.

Comment

Merry Christmas, love from Sweden ♥

Comment

Merry Christmas!
                          I'm wondering about this pack, would it by anychance contain "de-dungeonstyled" POI's from A17?
                          I had hoped they had two version of their POI's, one dungeonstyle and one normal styled with the dungeonstyle one being much rarer to encounter.

Only played A17 for a day now, and already is fed up on the dungeonstyle crap xD

Comment

Originally posted by -Holo- View Post
                            Merry Christmas!
                            I'm wondering about this pack, would it by anychance contain "de-dungeonstyled" POI's from A17?
                            I had hoped they had two version of their POI's, one dungeonstyle and one normal styled with the dungeonstyle one being much rarer to encounter.

Only played A17 for a day now, and already is fed up on the dungeonstyle crap xD
                            there is a Chance - but a very small One

It would be a Lot of work to make a copy of 200 vanilla-prefabs, rename them and make all the wished Changes.
                            After that the rwgmixer have to be tweaked to always choose between the good and dangerous version.
                            (every prefab have to have a rule than)

I made that earlier in A12 I think - maybe I will do it again when I feel like forced to it (but atm I dont)

Merry Christmas everybody

Comment

Is this compatible with the stable A17 or everything is still broken after b233?

Honestly i dont understand why TFP do those kind of changes without letting us know.

Comment

everything works as of b240

Comment

Working...
                                X