Compo-Pack for Random Gen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello All!

I have used compopack with NitroGen on my local computer to create some amazing and beautiful maps. I have been trying to do the same on a server that I am setting up. I have created the NitroGen map as per usual, and uploaded the compopack objects into ./Data/prefabs, but whenever I start the server it goes though all the prefabs saying they cannot be found, skipping. Even though I can validate the files and that they all exist in the directory. I have tried SFTPing the files directly from my PC, copying the zip up to the server and unzipping. I checked file permissions... No luck. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction....

Comment

@c0verfire
      I never heard of SFTPing - sry
      and overall Iam not a pro with setting up servers (havent done that since A12) - I really dont know what all maybe have changed now in A18
      I know there is something called "xpath" and also the modlet-stuff out there, but COMPOPACK doesnt care at all (esp in the Alpha-phase).

back in the days I just rented a server and uploaded the CP-files via ftptool (e.g. filezilla) into the server`s gamedirectories(prefabfiles into %/prefabs/ and rwgmixer.xml into %/config/ )
      - then I started the server, joined the server and played the game.

Iam pretty sure this method still works today
      (dont forget to take a look into the games config-textfile and admin-textfile to edit the worldrules and settings)

thats all i know about

Comment

Hi Magoli,

Hope you're doing well, awesome work keeping this pack updated as and when you can!

General feedback:
        Going back through memorable POIs in compopack 43 and was wondering if it was intentional to have the ground blocks covered in either dirt or asphalt? I know this wasn't an issue up until A17+A18 where the ground is blending with POIs during generation.
        Example, in this POI 'Fluffy Bottoms Pet Store' you can see the blocks are covered in a dirt - image.
        Another reason I mention this is that dirt covers the outside concrete blocks on Paintball Arena POI that you never see, they could be alternatives for pavement but would require plates or 1/2 blocks to be seen in this parking lot.

Also, there's a HUGE retirement-esk shopping mall 'HN' (not sure the name hence the image) POI that spawns in cities and it tanks my fps pretty hard, down from 90's to 26fps with custom 2080 Ti, can you have this spawn in the wilderness as an out the town mall instead and note I used Nitro with default cities - image?

Comment

hello im finding alot of these buildings are in ruin, is that done on purpose or am i having a bug?

Comment

Magoli -- I have a couple prefabs I'd like to donate to the COMPOPACK. What's the best way to provide it to you for inclusion?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoudenKalferas View Post
              Magoli -- I have a couple prefabs I'd like to donate to the COMPOPACK. What's the best way to provide it to you for inclusion?
              Making a post in prefab thread. uploading your prefab and pics and mags will see it as well letting him know here with a link to your post
              Last edited by stallionsden; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

I didn't wanna post this as a bug report 'cause its pretty trivial but ...
                During a massive cleanup and restructure of my prefabs folder (getting ready to make a new Nitrogen map)
                I noticed this house_new_mansion_03.xml has no other files associated with it and wondered if anyone else has noticed, like the fun pimps.
                I'm sure it was just an oversight on their part, but now I wanna see this so called NEW_MANSION set that they are making... I'm intrigued asnd confused.
                Anyone shed some light on the missing files or am I right in saying that it was just a mistake by TFP crew cause of late nights and not enough coffee

Comment

It's not working for a18.4

Comment

Originally posted by kooky112 View Post
                    It's not working for a18.4
                    Did you try reinstalling Compo-Pack

Comment

looking forward to the 18.4 compopack update.

Comment

Let me know in a pm when 18.4 is up.

Comment

18.4 Update anytime soon?

Comment

Curious why it wouldn't work for some. I've got a map generated (using NitroGen) for 18.3 and the 18.3 CompoPack works just fine. When I upgraded to 18.4 originally I was getting game crashes, but reinstall of the game with CompoPack fully fixed that.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfbain5 View Post
                              looking forward to the 18.4 compopack update.
                              CompoPack 43 and Nitrogen for Alpha 18 v0.474 worked fine for a server build i did this weekend.
                              I brain-farted and didn't copy the prefabs to the new build and crashed it the 1st time it ran.
                              After removing my head from my arse and copying the prefabs to the server it worked 100%.

Comment

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hv7...ew?usp=sharing

Hi, Please excuse my ignorance to this, as i am new to user prefab usage in map creation, i have created a new map using NotroGen and compo Pack 43 but when i attempt to start the dedicated server i get errors that some of the prefabs can not be found, i have put the porefabs in the data/prefabs/... folder in the dedicated server, but i still have some errors, mostly from items created (by_Tom) and a couple of others.

This is the first time that i have used either resource and i have the latest versions, but NitroGen is saying that the version is 42, not 43 (see Image)

sorry for the noob question.

Last edited by jbengone; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X