No announcement yet.

Prefab - Train Depot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely a good place. Lemme know if you need help exporting it.

Comment

Also, you'll want to start using imgur.com or some other photo hosting site; attaching your photo's to the forums will cause you problems (you'll quickly run out of space).

Comment

Originally posted by Guppycur View Post
        Also, you'll want to start using imgur.com or some other photo hosting site; attaching your photo's to the forums will cause you problems (you'll quickly run out of space).
        Maybe I should consider that^^

Still room for one more:
        Alpha_14.7_2016-08-14_00-16-11.jpg

I'm slowly getting better with building these things...have to admit this is really scratching the limitations of the game, as trains turn out to be rather tiny if you are limited to one part per m³ ^^

...maybe this one will fit your depot as well once its finished...when I'm done I'll send it to you, and take a second look at the one you are using atm.
        Last edited by Horst; 08-13-2016, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Looks really good Guppy, you using the tool to do those density changes?

Comment

No, the editor. Sticking with hals until you and herphol unlock all the secrets.

Horst, a new engine would work, so I can have it being "repaired" next to the other one, make it more obvious what the buildings function is...

But you're well on your way to prefabbing, and as much as I appreciate the use of your trains, it wouldn't bother me if you wanted to make your own... I mean they're yours, and you deserve the experience and recognition. I'll be happy to answer any questions on using the tools. Add me on steam if you haven't already, id is... Wait for it... Guppycur.

You're way more artistic than I am.

But, I'm happy to continue stealing from you, too.
            Last edited by Guppycur; 08-13-2016, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Guppycur View Post
              No, the editor. Sticking with hals until you and herphol unlock all the secrets.

Horst, a new engine would work, so I can have it being "repaired" next to the other one, make it more obvious what the buildings function is...

But you're well on your way to prefabbing, and as much as I appreciate the use of your trains, it wouldn't bother me if you wanted to make your own... I mean they're yours, and you deserve the experience and recognition. I'll be happy to answer any questions on using the tools. Add me on steam if you haven't already, id is... Wait for it... Guppycur.

You're way more artistic than I am.

But, I'm happy to continue stealing from you, too.

As you help me with technical stuff, or hand it on to others you can use everything I make^^

As you can see I am building in the location I mentioned before. I don't know, how I can save all that in a map which others can play, and I have no idea how I can cut pieces of my map out and put them into rwg. So in the hope for help in these areas I gladly let you use what I build.

And more than anything I really think a railway fits the games scenario perfectly. Broken, useless trains create an atmosphere of a bygone age, downfall of society and apokalypse in general. Therefor it would be nice if it became more popular, so TFP notice or get requests... One more reason to say yes, use it, steal it, use it to build cool things!

Comment

Cool beans. You build, I turn to prefab, we release.

Rwg has a size limit for spawns, don't recall exactly what, but I'm sure someone will chime in.

Send me the save files for whatever you build and the coordinates and I'll rip them to prefab.

Comment

First look at loading crane.

Comment

Is this minecraft ??? - LOL
                    kinda blocky - but it shows - nice quick work guppy !

Comment

This is just the shell, I'll be touching it up to remove the minecraft look; just a first pass to get the general shape.

Comment

Well, back to the drawing board on the loading crane... added a light bulb and the entire thing fell apart. Lol!

But, I know better how I'm going to handle it though... too bad I have a lot of work coming up, this project is going to have to stall for a bit.

to

...in one light bulb.
                        Last edited by Guppycur; 08-14-2016, 06:18 AM.

Comment

A standard container should be 12m / blocks long. Afaik the ones on the train are even bigger. If you don't want the crane directly next to it, stability might always be a problem.

You could maybe try something similar to the cranes which are used in harbours and lift containers from both ends. Or go for an apocalyptic design, where it has already collapsed.

Comment

Check the first post, I had replaced this with the ship port kind.

Comment

Working...
                            X