Prefab - Train Depot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prefab - Train Depot

I blatantly stole THIS guy's train prefab (thanks Horst for sending it to me!) and am making a train depot. This will show the WIP and I will update as I go.

Just started, so be gentle.

Inside Depot

Outside Depot

Signage

Third pass at Loading Crane
    Last edited by Guppycur; 08-14-2016, 07:23 AM.

From one of my early tries with this: If you ad a parallel second track, you could simply have it end like that:

...And I think everyone will be childish enough to jump into the locomotive to enjoy the view of the tracks ahead, so maybe the locomotive should face the other way...leaving the depot

train4.jpg
    Last edited by Horst; 08-11-2016, 10:16 PM.

Comment

What version did you make it on? Either some block ids changed or the editor I'm using did something; I've got to swap out some of them.

Im pretty sure I saw a crane prefab somewhere that looked good... I'm going to steal it, too.

I plan to make it an "end of the line" station.

After this, I want to make a section that's in the middle of nowhere, but was attacked, and it'll look like it was, too.

Comment

Made it on 14.7 .... well I had an explosion at the end of the train while I tried to put cars on it in creative ... so maybe some scrap iron blocks collided with the rest of the train...

Did not think anyone would want to use it so I might not have done the best repair job^^

Comment

Were you using concrete pillars in the tracks?

Comment

You should consider adapting it to fit into the snow biome.

- You could cover the tracks, giving some sense to their disappearing
            - you could cover the wheels a bit....for obvious reasons
            - it would fit nicely near the logging camp or whatever the place with loads of wood logs in navezgane is...which is also in the snow

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Guppycur View Post
            Were you using concrete pillars in the tracks?
            No, I used the wedges...not symetrical, but have a credible width. One full block is too wide, half a block doesn't work at all with the destroyed stone...

Comment

I am going to see if those rounded metal pieces will help, and try to find some accents to break up the colors a bit, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Ill be playing with density values too, which will help get the terrain to meet the blocks better.
              Last edited by Guppycur; 08-12-2016, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Can you simply get the destroyed stone lower towards 3/4 or even 1/2 height?

Snow could still solve a lot of issues^^

Comment

I do like the cave collapse idea; if the train is sticking like halfway out, that could be cool.

Custom blocks are doable, but then I'd be dealing with a custom xml and I shy away from that when prefabbing.

Comment

Playing around with Densities (great stuff!), made the wooden portion of the tracks fit in better (replaced the concrete wedges).

Comment

pretty amazing man

very nice work
                      perhaps someone is making a Nav-map with railtracks in it

The depot is already made !

rockon dude

Comment

He had it come in to diersville between the corn fields, looked pretty tight.

Ill make it rwg friendly eventually.

Comment

I see you are remodelling the locomotive with the rounded 90° corners on the roof and the bonnet. I was originally modelling on something like this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EMD_SD38 because it seems to consist mainly of 90° and 45° angles (ie. roof).

If you tell me on what train you are now reworking it, I could also try my hands on the type of locomotive you prefer.

PS.: In madmoles Video I have seen that the new destroyed stone texture in A15 contains bright red bricks...guess we should start making the tracks with gravel...
                          Last edited by Horst; 08-12-2016, 09:31 PM.

Comment

A15 will definitely mean changes, but usually for the better. Should be out before the prefab is finished.

Comment

Originally posted by Magoli View Post
                              pretty amazing man

very nice work
                              perhaps someone is making a Nav-map with railtracks in it

The depot is already made !

rockon dude
                              I think I found another nice location. Currently trying some things there...
                              - logging camp (1600;1600 Navezgane)
                              - flat ground
                              - snow to cover the wheels
                              -close to radiation zone
                              - credible reason to have a train
                              - need about 200 blocks of track to end it inside a collapsed tunnel (pointing toward rad.zone)

Alpha_14.7_2016-08-13_15-25-20.jpgAlpha_14.7_2016-08-13_15-22-10.jpgAlpha_14.7_2016-08-13_15-22-44.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X