Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RWG/Dedi Server/Coppis Mods/Spawning prefab POI into game

Question for all you prefabbers.

I'm running a dedicated linux server. I recently added Coppi's Mods which allows the spawning of prefabs. If I were to create my own prefab ala Hal's editor, load the files to the server, would the players have to download the prefab to see it in the game?

Thanks.

If you Prender them, they will appear in game.

Comment

Originally posted by Guppycur View Post
      If you Prender them, they will appear in game.
      So then no one would have to download the file?

Hmm, I am going to have to try this.

Comment

Not if you import them.

They would only need the file if you bring them in through the mixer, and even then, the error only appears once.

When I start a new server seed, I go in first and import some key prefabs... Actually, I do it in an sp game, write the coordinates so I can trial and error it, then go into the same seed name server and import.

Comment

Ok, so what I'm going to do is make a test game for that purpose on my server.

So I would upload my prefab to the correct folder with its unique name, we'll say as Castle.

Then start up my new instance, log in etc.

I find a nice area I want to spawn my prefab in, then do:

/load prefab <Castle> at <x> <y> <z> face <0-3>

Is there any other command I have to run to accomplish bringing in prefab Castle?

Comment

Well I believe the coppi command is prender not load, but yep, pretty much that.

The challenge is finding the right coordinates, which is why I do it in an sp game with the same seed... That way I can get it right.

You could use the pundo command as well, to "undo" the last insert.

Comment

Not if you import them.

They would only need the file if you bring them in through the mixer, and even then, the error only appears once.

When I start a new server seed, I go in first and import some key prefabs... Actually, I do it in an sp game, write the coordinates so I can trial and error it, then go into the same seed name server and import.
              It seems everytime I search for an answer, like the question asked by the OP, I find it in a GuppyPost....

Here's another one: When I Prender a building, like housebrick1, there is a blue box labeled loot in it. Whats that? It cant be opened but on destroy you can pick it up. In any event, should I just leave it there or destroy it? It's kind of immersion busting if left, unless those without admin level cant see it?

Comment

I've only seen that when using the in game prefab editor that herph unlocked. They're placeholders I think for random loot spawning? I honestly don't know, but go into hals and remove them before import.

Comment

Thanks. Made my day that I asked a question you didn't know the answer for. <grin>

Comment

Well... Provide a screen and let's see.

Challenge accepted.

(MM said what they were a video or two ago)

Comment

I've only seen that when using the in game prefab editor that herph unlocked. They're placeholders I think for random loot spawning? I honestly don't know, but go into hals and remove them before import.
                      What's the in game prefab editor? Does this allow you to mod the prefab tts file in the game?

Comment

Sort of? Lemme look for the link.

Comment

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...Tools)-dll-mod

Comment

Nice so I can do work on prefabs, import them, fix a few things and export them back out.

Comment

I'm not 100% sure on the usage; I played with it a bit when first introduced, but I stick with hals.

Comment

Working...
                              X