Prefab - A17.1 - Shoot'n Balls Paintball Arena

Jackelmyer

Alpha 17.1 B9

Prefab Name: Shoot'n Balls Paintball Arena

Intended Use: Nav's and RWG

Notes: Includes Mesh, Sleepers, Volumes, Zoned xml. Plug'n Play Ready

Recommended rwgmixer placement:. Commercial and/or Industrial

I've enjoyed several indoor paintball arena's in my day. And I figured it'd be a fun prefab to tool around in. Of course, this is 7 Days To Die... So, beware you pre-day 21 people. Loot's to be had but it's gonna be hard fought! Especially the really good goodies!.

Note that this was also designed to be durable for your PVPish pleasure. Got armor and some small arms? Head in with your buddies and see who's back on their bed and who's still standing! It's all Reinforced Concrete so, explosives aside, it'll hold up to several matches. So have fun blasting away at your buddies! And... Maybe your respawn timer will kick in just in time for it to be "extra" fun. :-D

LATEST DOWNLOAD:

PaintBall Arena Prefab Download A17.1 B9

Latest What's Changed:

• A17 Overhaul with a number of the new A17 blocks added to the POI. One thing to be thankful for, some of the new deco blocks that are big pallet blocks. Makes great filler and... other things. Thanks TFP!
  • Rooftop changed for better Volume control and spawn management.
  • Hopefully made notable improvements to the potential of zombies spawning right in your face regardless on how you enter the POI.
  • Cleared all gore blocks.
  • Updated sleeper volumes to be less likely to cause massive spawns. Though... If you run through the whole building and don't clean house, that's on you.
  • Repainted the majority of the POI as much of the paint was lost by changes in A17.
  • Reworked loot a bit. Still very loot heavy, but hopefully it won't feel so much like you won the game.
  • Moved high value loot to where it really should have been before. Fight for it.
  • May be... More challenging...
  • Questing enabled. (except clear quest, though add that in if you want).
  • Updated Mesh and Thumbnail JPG.
  • Note: Pulled from Magoli's Compo-Pack as I wasn't sure if he already did some updates to the POI. Hey Mag, hope you don't mind me just sticking with the name you used for the files.

ARCHIVE DOWNLOAD:

A16.4

jm_paintballv9.zip

Versions

v9

* Fixed a missing block. Possible A16.2 to A16.3 thing?

* Removed some floating trash.

* Destroyed a bit of the prefab for that good ol apocalyptic feel. But not much, still functional as a RWG Paintball Arena.

* Redid the Mesh.

For the original thread where Guppycur shows how to place sleeper volumes, Click Here.

Special thanks to Guppycur for helping me get started with Prefabs! My very first foray into custom content on 7D2D was with his help. So thanks a bunch Guppy!

nice

what is the block u think have changed from a16.2 to 16.3 ???

Probably the "2:00am prefab posting forum" missing block. With a little sleep I can't see why the specific block would be missing. Was just a brick block with grass right in front of it and a couch behind it. Which, the brick block, may have zapped the grass block? like placing a sleeper can do?

• 1 year later...

I did a very very brief play test, which I must say, is an awesome button in the in game editor. Things seem to be functioning.

Man I really really like the new pallet blocks. Sooo much easier to hide spawn points. I could use getting more creative with it, but they're still really awesome to use.

Figured I share the funny reason why I dipped back into this. I had a youtube notification pop up on my phone in the google feed. Was a video of someone going through this POI I made. I have to say... That was one of the most gratifying things I've experienced in a very long time. To watch someone go through something I made and listen to the "Oooo's and Aaaah's and AAAAAH's!!?!!". Couldn't help but come back and touch it up. :)

That and when I saw how much loot people were walking away with I knew I had to nerf it some lol. Just... way way way too much. like... way too much loot. Still has a ton. But yo... seriously... I know these people were excited in the moment. But how they didn't stop later and go... "That... that kind of is all I need now... huh..." I don't know.

ALERT: An A17.1 B9 bug was found and it's affecting this POI. I have it fixed but it's not published yet. I'll be creating a new Non-Version titled thread with the update. Hopefully will be getting to it tonight. will include all listed updates for the A17.1 B9 prefab. I'm... very much considering... doing a notable addition to this prefab and turning it into a dungeon crawl style akin to TFP's Dungeon crawl style POI's. It's definitely big enough to support it... Any thoughts making this POI more of a dungeon crawl would be greatly appreciated.

Note: A16 version of the prefab remains unchanged and in good working order.

If you ruin it making a dungeon style, please also keep the original version. Thanks.

:)

/Hate d style

lol dang it. Fine. I didn't have time tonight to do a dungeon style anyway. :-p

I will say though... The dungeon style? I can absolutely see why TFP would want that from a volume management perspective.

Course... Water Works... >.> damn thing I swear spawns way over 20 zombies.

Prefab finally update and bug is gone. Thanks Pille for the help man. Good luck, enjoy, and please by all means, pass the feedback if anything needs to be tweaked.

And no... Guppy... It's not dungeon crawl style. :-p

Lol dungeon crawl pois are awesome. If ya wanna do a dungeon style poi do it lol. Just draw guppy a map so he doesn't get lost lol or go in circles like he has been doing haha :-P

Lol dungeon crawl pois are awesome. If ya wanna do a dungeon style poi do it lol. Just draw guppy a map so he doesn't get lost lol or go in circles like he has been doing haha :-P

voting for non-dungeon style :p Old enough to be able to draw map in my head (and not yet that old that i forget half of it while doing) and don't need "follow the arrows" to find my way...

Or, DO BOTH. :)

- - - Updated - - -

...also, I saw 4 or 5 Zed's spawn from a single sleeper block last night, so... Yeh.

Yeh I had a radiated military zombie and a normal military zombie lol in one spot in my theme park. The radiated z got up first it was like the spirit had left the normal military zs body lol

Yeh I had a radiated military zombie and a normal military zombie lol in one spot in my theme park. The radiated z got up first it was like the spirit had left the normal military zs body lol

*tableflip* <drawings of volume's and spawning plans flying>

I give up. :laugh:

Archived