Wastelandtrain no2

Horst

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22686[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]22687[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]22688[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]22689[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]22690[/ATTACH]

Wasteland-Train No2 is the updated and A16 ready version of my attempt from last year to bring (if not a moving one) at least a Train Prefab to Navezgane (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?48139-Prefab-Abandoned-freight-train)

The Wasteland train is a hastely reorganised coal train, confiscated by the military in order to bring troops and equipment out of the city before nukes or whatever made the wasteland what it is would drop; so that the military could then move in afterwards and maintain order of what is left of the city. In a desperate attempt people trying to flee the city climbed on top of the train as it left for its destination. In the end they didn't make it out of the city and where cought in an elevated and thereby vulnerable position. During the bombing most of the bridge and the endlessly long train carrying military equipment, refugees and still some coal were obliterated...

The train consists of two locomotives, with an attached coal car and a flatbed carrying two tanks. The bridge is inspired by the curved metall bridge at the bellaire railroad viaduct. I think loot is quite ballanced, and I purposefully made no direct connection from ground to the train, because it seemed unrealistic and getting in should at least be a bit of a challenge.

It is intended to look best in the wasteland, which is also the only place where the lack of tracks on the rest of the map can be convincingly explained away - design underneath is made to fit cities/wasteland.

Prefab size is roughly 10x100 blocks on the ground.

Current Version:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b384a3ypng0tjov/AADzw1nXdBh6YJuwBVBN-b-7a?dl=0

(should be ready to use, if there are any problems, please let me know)

Alpha_16.2_2017-08-25_20-21-36.thumb.jpg.c6577e9107f433a37e2f171596393e57.jpg

Alpha_16.2_2017-08-25_20-28-27.thumb.jpg.d9817bbc550f3b490e38b23388829ea0.jpg

Alpha_16.2_2017-08-25_20-29-20.thumb.jpg.bf79b4a1e360ca681e7ab5a60a231337.jpg

Alpha_16.2_2017-08-25_20-24-35.jpg.7f4d666720dfa5dd8922da4e80d77d2f.jpg

Alpha_16.2_2017-08-25_20-21-26.thumb.jpg.99df56db132b40e642889fa03bb610c4.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22694[/ATTACH]

My use into canyon mine on random gen, imported canyon mine as well.

I added this to my server, added several prefabs tha I left out of the mixer so I could put them where needed.

Give my players something to find and have fun with, also the canyon mine to playwith out of NZ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
...wanna build some more castles? =)

Do we know now if prefabs will work with A17 ?

Think it would be a bit frustrating to put a lot of hours into something like a castle if it will only be useable for a couple of weeks/or having to redo half of it...

Do we know now if prefabs will work with A17 ?

Think it would be a bit frustrating to put a lot of hours into something like a castle if it will only be useable for a couple of weeks/or having to redo half of it...

We don't know but do you really think nobody will create a prefab converter? Nahh very unlikely.

I follow Pilles opinion. And if there is no converter then build some new things. Only because of

things could vanish here from version to version no more building things ? Noooooo.

Then i had to stop playing this game in Version 11(my beginning) or must play another game ^^. I have thought this in every Version, and the most buldings i have build are on paper, on my harddisk or in my brain.

We don't know but do you really think nobody will create a prefab converter? Nahh very unlikely.

Well I don't think I'll be able to make time for a big project atm, and I have the suspicion that once I will have time again the A17 release won't be too far away...

I might work on the idea of a crashed train as a desert POI from time to time in A16, but if the medieval theme is still wanted in A17 I'm looking at something like the nuremberg castle ... and that'll take a lot of time...

Yeh, you should build a castle, on my medieval server with all of those custom blocks and textures to choose from, where if you need a custom shape or texture you just ask, and it appears available the next day...

/not-so subliminally suggesting stuff since 1971

Yeh, you should build a castle, on my medieval server with all of those custom blocks and textures to choose from, where if you need a custom shape or texture you just ask, and it appears available the next day...

/not-so subliminally suggesting stuff since 1971

You have a medieval building/creative server?

Archived