Art Gallery (by Top Minder and Pille)

Pille

Modern Art Gallery

We present 'The Modern Art Gallery'. Top Minder and I have been working on this project for about 12 weeks. Now is time to release a first version. This prefab is embedded in a modlet that should make it compatible with most other modlets and overhauls.

The first gallery can be found at the end of this post.

Download Modlet:

DOWNLOAD LINK

Installation (Deprecated - Modern Art Gallery is not available in modlet format in A18):

Note: See Readme.txt in modlet folder for more details.

1. Download and extract the modlet.

2. Copy the folder 'Mods' into the 7 Days to Die main directory*.

3. Replace the files at the destination if Windows prompts you to do so.

4. Re(start) the game.

5. In order to spawn the prefab on a random gen map, you have to generate a new world.

*The default location of the main directory is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die

NBWM1Nj.jpg

Top Minder's Preview Videos:

Hints:

* The gallery requires significantly above-average hardware to show everything as intended. In particular, having shadows activated affects the performance negatively, but is recommended for certain artworks.

Features:

* Three floors + roof full of surprises.

* ~80 handmade artworks

* Manually placed sleepers and volumes

* Unique traps and building techniques

* Large garden on the roof

* Compatible with most overhauls and other modlets

Credits:

We used and modified Horst's awesome tank:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...03-Tank-prefab

Art Gallery

We proudly present our first collaborative project - The Art Gallery. Top Minder and I have been working on the prefab over the last few weeks trying to create a building that is stylistically indistinguishable from those of the vanilla game! ;-)

Download (A16 + A17 + A18):

DOWNLOAD LINK

Top Minder's Preview Videos (A17):

Part 1 - Prefab Walkaround

4L0cW6T.jpg

Hints:

* The outside of the prefab looks much better if the 'Reflection Quality' in the video settings is set to 'Low' or 'High'

* Medium difficulty level / sleeper volumes

Features:

* Two floors + roof full of angry men and women

* ~50 handmade artworks

* Manually placed sleepers and volumes

* Unique traps and building techniques

* Large garden in the backyard

* Low system requirements

Credits:

We used and modified Horst's awesome tank:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...03-Tank-prefab

• 2 weeks later...

I've added a new screenshot to the original post. We will release the Gallery very soon. But first, we have to write an appropriate description of it for the op. That shouldn't take longer than a few hours, days or weeks. :p

something very unique, I like it :strawberry:

Yeah, I guess 'unique' is the right word.^^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally got to check it out in-game. Enjoyed it a lot.

Inspired and demotivated at the same time now, as always when getting humbled by superior artistic skill.

Then spent 20 minutes trying to figure out what block you used for the desk frame in the gallery boss' office.

Then remembered debug mode and f3 :D I thought I knew all the blocks in this game and stand corrected in that regard.

I love all the art, my fav is the hippie room with the pink tank chassis as flower box. I like how there's often more to be discovered than meets the eye. Loot and Z-presence seems adequate for a build this size (in vanilla).

Just incredible. I stick by my previous assessment that this rocks. :]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No kidding.

*Pille casts resurrection spell on the prefab forum*

I had to log in for the first time in years just to comment on how awesome this build was, and how much I enjoyed the experience of going through it.

My father is an artist, so I spent much of my childhood going around notable art galleries and museums. Thanks to this I can say with authority that you have the 'mood' of the prefab down perfectly. The height and uncluttered spacing perfectly brought forth the profound solemness necessary to highlight and give serene prominence to each piece. I was awed and inspired by the works of art, REAL art, that you two have graced upon the walls of that noble institution.

Wether it was the ingenious usage of the inner triangular walkway pieces to depict stunning geometric shapes, or the inspired selection of the 'target' texture to accentuate a metal_sign_c, the military tank converted into a flower bed, the bold decision to display toilets with REAL poop, or, and most thought provoking, the usage of various loot containers (suitcases, safes..) in the pieces of art, often covered in a layer of glass.

This last category deserves special mention as it makes the observer part of the exhibit as they must balance their admiration for beauty against their primitive, lustful, desire for loot. In my case, lust won. But! Once I had completed my inventory, and looked upon the ravaged and broken works, I was swept with a discordant sense of loss. Much like this broken world has experienced every day since the fall, another fragment of civilisation was forever lost in the pursuit of short term survival.

Finally, the usage of the crate texture to simulate larger crates filled with precious cargo was an inspired touch. I was particularly overjoyed in one instance, and instantly dismayed in another, when cracking open these creations on the roof.

Yours sincerely, a former art critic.

A+ Would jump off the roof screaming again.

p.s. the hidden crate in the garden was a nice touch

Wow, that's certainly one of the most well-written prefab reviews we've ever read (I assume Top Minder shares my perspective). And I am not just saying that because your words are eminently positive. :wink: So thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Gallery has been updated. We've fixed some texture and water block issues and added a quest rally marker (the POI is supposed to hold a tier 5 fetch quest). Moreover, TopMinder has finished a second tour video.

Tour through the overhauled gallery (part 2).

• 4 weeks later...

Archived