[TOOL] Modlet Organiser Tool

turbero

Hello, everyone.

Most of mods have evolved or are evolving into XPath format given that 7DTD supports this feature from Alpha 17. This will make you have lots of mods downloaded in your "Mods" folder in a near future.

As my first contribution, I developed a tool that makes you manage them in a sense of you will be able to decide which of the mods on your computer you may or may not want to load before launching the game.

7DTD MODLET ORGANISER

XVBwzEw.png

UuU1FRL.png

HZzCj2d.png

INSTRUCTIONS

Latest version: 0.6.2 (20th May 2019)

Changelog: https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/187?tab=description

- Click here and download this application to your computer and run it. It's an executable file which will start the tool with the current content of your Mods folder.

- Mark only the mods you want to apply to the game and disable the rest. You can start the game from this program too.

- When you want to change your configuration, review your mods list and enable/disable them according to your preferences

- Save different configurations, give them a name and switch between them.

- Use the new built-in modding options included in the tool.

If you like the tool I'll end up enhancing it with more options (as far as I can integrate them within). I hope you enjoy all the 7DTD community efforts as much as I do :smile-new:

- Available languages: English, Spanish.

(PD: I don't receive any credit or benefit for using the mod examples in the screenshot. It just happened to be my usual configuration when playing plus others I used to test the tool.)

Load order is alphabetical.

Hey turbero, are you moving the mods in and out, renaming the modinfo, or what? Just curious, I had thoughts to do this myself, but was hoping Sphereii would integrate it into his launcher.

He did include it in the new version of his launcher.

very nice thank you.

as for a suggestion if it isn't already integrated, could your tool ever be able to adjust the modlet load order?

As Guppycur said.

Load order is alphabetical.

Hey turbero, are you moving the mods in and out, renaming the modinfo, or what? Just curious, I had thoughts to do this myself, but was hoping Sphereii would integrate it into his launcher.

Exactly, I dynamically move modlet folders (xpath based) from Mods to Mods_disabled and viceversa.

Regarding Sphereii launcher, I know they create a new folder with the Alpha version xxx vanilla content and apply the Mods selected. One folder for each Mod in the available list. If the vanilla content is 4Gb you will have 4Gb for each Mod installed with the launcher. Before Alpha 17 that was necessary, but for xpath based mods you can use the same vanilla content folder and apply the described changes (they will be appended to the vanilla content in memory during the execution of the game, which is awesome to say the least). So, in order to help manage the latter ones I created the tool.

Thanks for all your feedbacks =)

The base game is actually now 8G, which is even worse :) However, the launcher still needs to do that for SDX mods, etc. I like the look of this.

I've been thinking of a few ways of swapping out the modlets; one way that may work is renaming the ModInfo.xml to Disabled-ModInfo.xml, and just leave it in place. The game shouldn't process the modlet without seeing that file.

For mod load order, you could rename the folders with numbers and letters:

A1-Modlet1
A2-Modlet2
A3-Modlet3
<!-- snip -->
A9-Modlet4
B1-Modlet5

Thanks for your feedback, sphereii =)

From windows explorer I always wanted to have a clear picture on the game main folder to see the enabled and disabled mods in one shot and I followed that idea on my mind.

On the other hand, I tried renaming ModInfo.xml to something else like Disabled-ModInfo.xml and did also avoid the game detecting it (warning in yellow):

2BYxSM9.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I just released version 0.2 where you can open in windows explorer the mod folder by double-clicking the table entry and optional Spanish language.

Click here and download or scroll up to the first post.

=)

Yellow warnings wouldn't be a bad thing. It'd help modders troubleshoot by looking at the mods that are there and not enabled.

Player: "Why isn't your mod loading? I have it installed!"

Modder: *looks in log and sees yellow*

Modder: "You have it disabled."

• 3 weeks later...

I released version 0.3 with a handy new feature to save different mods configurations and switch between them.

"Default" is the default configuration and cannot be deleted but others can be added.

The configurations are saved in a file beside the executable file. The tool will automatically update it with the user selections.

A backup can be saved and then imported to the application when needed.

I hope this new feature helps a lot. I tried to cover most of the possible issues until being stable but I will appreaciate any feedback from using it =)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I have always been using RussianDoods batchfile to do localization patching of mods. And now using Mr.Devolvers batch for bulk localization.

Do you think you would be able to add a function to the organizer that worked in a similiar behavior.

1. look for any Localization.txt or Localization - Quest.txt that exist in the active mods

2. add the Localizations to a the data/config folder

3. remove any additions to Localization files when mod deactivated.

Archived