Vortex Mod Launcher

Nelson32

Hello together,

yesterday i added support for 7 Days to Die to the Vortex mod manager from nexus-mods, because i like to use it.

Since it is all open-source, i shared it on github and it got merged. Just in case anyone likes to use it, make sure the root directory of modlets you want to manage with Vortex is the "Mods" folder. I only tested it with the SMX-UI-Modlets for the moment.

Greetings Nelson32

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

BTW, I finally tried to install a modlet using the Vortex installer. It is placing modlets into the game directory instead of the Mods directory. I submitted a bug report. It looks like a very simple way for new users to enjoy modlets once the bug is fixed.

BTW, I finally tried to install a modlet using the Vortex installer. It is placing modlets into the game directory instead of the Mods directory. I submitted a bug report. It looks like a very simple way for new users to enjoy modlets once the bug is fixed.

Its not a bug as such, you need to repackage the zip to include the Mods folder ;)

• 2 months later...
I repackaged all my modlets and it works well. If you have a modlet called MyGuns is packaged as a zip called MyGuns and that .zip contains: Mods/MyGuns

I am preparing to do this to all my mods as well but could you tell me if the Mod.xml is required, or just the folder structure?

Archived