Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Tool] NITROGEN , a random world generator for 7DtD

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Reytag View Post
    @Damocles:

    Is it possible to set trader points by colors such as your cities (red) and towns (green), are there any other colors we can use for specific spawns?

    Is there any way we can set an exact number of cities, I found "tCities" in the config but unlike the other entries which are integers it contains decimals.

    (Update: I figured out which entry corresponded to what and simply did a few tests tweaking the decimal number to get what I was looking for)
    Check FIRST PAGE for Color Code

    Comment


      Originally posted by gpcstargate View Post

      Check FIRST PAGE for Color Code
      I read the first page thoroughly, the information I seek is not there unless I'm going blind.
      The "Preview POI colors" list has nothing to do with what I asked, those are the color keys for the preview image output, not the rgb pixel values we need for the mask for setting specific spawn points which is what I am seeking.

      Comment


        Hello Everyone! Trying it again. And Damocles? I really like the "counting sheep" LOL Thanks!

        <EDIT: Spawn points... So If I want 'all of us' to spawn at a point I edit the xml to one single spawn point?
        "<spawnpoint position="-2022,41,-7070" rotation="0,79,0"/>"
        Last edited by Cadamier; 11-23-2019, 06:52 PM.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Reytag View Post
          @Damocles:

          Is it possible to set trader points by colors such as your cities (red) and towns (green), are there any other colors we can use for specific spawns?

          Is there any way we can set an exact number of cities, I found "tCities" in the config but unlike the other entries which are integers it contains decimals.

          (Update: I figured out which entry corresponded to what and simply did a few tests tweaking the decimal number to get what I was looking for)
          tCities is the number of towns per dropdown setting.
          To get the precise number, you need to multiply it with the area relative to 4k.
          An 8k map has 4 times the area of 4k.

          So you multiply it by 4.
          And then round the result to an integer. (8.3 -> 8 , 8.7 -> 9)

          ------------

          There are only the city and town markers on the mask currently. I can look at adding traders as spawn points.

          The mask spawn points dont determine the total number.
          Just the FIRST positions to use. If there are more towns set, the other ones will be chosen at random loactions.
          Last edited by Damocles; 11-23-2019, 07:12 PM.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Cadamier View Post
            Hello Everyone! Trying it again. And Damocles? I really like the "counting sheep" LOL Thanks!

            <EDIT: Spawn points... So If I want 'all of us' to spawn at a point I edit the xml to one single spawn point?
            "<spawnpoint position="-2022,41,-7070" rotation="0,79,0"/>"
            If you know the excact spawn point, you can set it to your favorite loaction.
            I have added the option to choose random "roofs" as spawn locations. But this is more of a fun option, and might cause issues ingame with some POIs that might trap the player.

            Comment


              *Update: I manually made the crossing by altering the height map now nitrogen is creating a road across in > 80% of the generations.

              Damocles, what can I do to coax Nitrogen to make a road where the red arrows are, have finally got everything down to how I want but after 20 generations it never once crossed where the red is but will without fail always cross where those 3 green ones are, every time.

              Map: http://prntscr.com/q14ef7
              Map with mask overlay: http://prntscr.com/q14huh

              Where the green arrows are is also a water canal, when nitrogen makes the roads it fills it in.
              As random gen as it is it always makes those road passes in the same place

              Since you make the code and understand the program better I thought you might know a trick or two to convince those roads to cross there.
              Last edited by Reytag; 11-24-2019, 01:04 AM.

              Comment


                Hi Damocles, great work on the sliders feature. That said, I'm encountering an issue that I haven't seen since 467; sometimes a world gen will fail and all that'll be generated is biomes.png, genHM.png, radiation.png, and main.ttw; a preview subfolder is generated but is empty. I've been trying to debug and pinpoint what setting or combination of settings causes this, but so far it's been inconsistent. I'll attach the last config I tried. I've replaced my prefabslist with a compopack 40 one, but that doesn't seem to be the issue as with default settings worldgen works fine. Good luck.

                Edit: finally found it! Seems to be related to the "no POIs in biome" setting. That seems to break it in conjunction with some other settings, unsure which precisely.

                Last edited by Chairkicker; 11-23-2019, 09:42 PM.

                Comment


                  Yes, the POIs in biome function tries to load the biomes.png. There is still some weired bug, causing it to fail.
                  You could start the generator in the console (bat files) to see more exceptions.

                  Just turn off the "no POIs in biome" to no limits for now.

                  Comment


                    Great Tool, great Dude. Thx for that tool, awsome work, love it.

                    - - - Updated - - -

                    Originally posted by Chairkicker View Post
                    Hi Damocles, great work on the sliders feature. That said, I'm encountering an issue that I haven't seen since 467; sometimes a world gen will fail and all that'll be generated is biomes.png, genHM.png, radiation.png, and main.ttw; a preview subfolder is generated but is empty. I've been trying to debug and pinpoint what setting or combination of settings causes this, but so far it's been inconsistent. I'll attach the last config I tried. I've replaced my prefabslist with a compopack 40 one, but that doesn't seem to be the issue as with default settings worldgen works fine. Good luck.

                    Edit: finally found it! Seems to be related to the "no POIs in biome" setting. That seems to break it in conjunction with some other settings, unsure which precisely.

                    hi there, where you got the prefab list from ? i only have it for v.39.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Damocles View Post
                      #1 its just a hobby. Im sure TFP will put more work into RWG also, maybe adding more UI customization.

                      #2 I will change the stamp system in the future. There are percentages used internally, but the UI needs an update to use sliders.

                      #3 there is a flag called "unique" in the prefablist to only spawn it once (custom prefablists). Apart from that, most POIs need to be used several times for the POI distribution to work.

                      #4 A mini-map file is done at runtime. Nitrogen is only focusing on the world files. There are many other things I could mod, but that would spread the project to broadly.

                      #5 you can increase the number of connecting long distance roads. But too many would make the map look like a spaghetti plate, or be way too slow to generate.

                      #6 not sure what you mean. But the dead ends will be reduced when I use a new road generation system.
                      Wow 2 weeks have passed, you already added the ability to tune landscape in a percentage.
                      many thanks
                      Originally posted by custom_hero View Post
                      can you add the possiblility to set the ratio of biomes in percent?
                      is this even possible?

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by custom_hero View Post
                        can you add the possiblility to set the ratio of biomes in percent?

                        is this even possible?
                        Setting the ratios for the biomes would be most useful. Rather than paint in small area of circular craters of wasteland or splashes of burned forest you could then have distinct and defined biomes like a regular generated RWG map.

                        What you can do is to create your own biomes.png file for the generated map and use the biome fixer if needed. The only consideration, perhaps, is that the created map can have areas like white mountain range type clusters which need to be for the snow biome.
                        Last edited by Dibbler; 11-24-2019, 07:53 AM.

                        Comment


                          Here is a prelimenary Test creating custom biomes for Darkness Falls:

                          NitroGen for Alpha 18 v0.473 (Darkness Falls zones)

                          You can add the custom biome using the "Special Zones" option. This will generate larger Areas of the DF zone in the center of the map.

                          Only run it when you have the mod installed, as the custom biome would throw errors in the vanilla game.

                          It does NOT include any specific POI logic or Darkness Falls prefabslist yet. (POIs will spawn in any zone)

                          Here is a Darkness Falls prefablist from a modder, in case you want to try it out.
                          https://github.com/NickPhaedra/7-Day...-Prefab-Lists/

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Baobab View Post
                            Great Tool, great Dude. Thx for that tool, awsome work, love it.

                            - - - Updated - - -



                            hi there, where you got the prefab list from ? i only have it for v.39.

                            I used the COMPOPACK 40 .. by Magoli and it working just Fine with his v.39
                            Address: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...for-Random-Gen

                            But remember to put it in the 7d2d Prefab list in Game folder .. I forgot that the first time.
                            works with Stable and Experimental
                            Last edited by gpcstargate; 11-24-2019, 02:56 PM.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Dibbler View Post
                              Setting the ratios for the biomes would be most useful. Rather than paint in small area of circular craters of wasteland or splashes of burned forest you could then have distinct and defined biomes like a regular generated RWG map.

                              What you can do is to create your own biomes.png file for the generated map and use the biome fixer if needed. The only consideration, perhaps, is that the created map can have areas like white mountain range type clusters which need to be for the snow biome.
                              I will add more complexity to the biomes at one point. Especially when there are more stamps, thus having more variety in the the terrain-biome mix. Maybe some more border biome options too.

                              You can use the current Darkness Falls mode, and exchange the DF_512_Crater_Biome_radiation_zone.png with a transparent image.
                              This will spawn a huge Wasteland region in the center of the map.

                              Comment


                                Thanks for that. I'll take a look at what you suggest.

                                Sent you a small donation in reflection of the good work that you have shared with us.
                                Thank you.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X