Compo-pack <-> NitroGen

backdownhipi

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks backdownhipi for putting this together!

xcostum_GasStation(by_Warsaken) is y-offset -10 ??

tetet_takat is right, that POI has the wrong y-offset value (missing a minus).

It should be

xcostum_GasStation(by_Warsaken),ANY,0,-10,28,38,19,carlot

Can anyone fix the floating prefabs in this? I dont know how....

Here is my updated prefablist for the floating GasStation:

backdownhipi's McTaco list updated (Compo 38+ prefabs only) [click here]

Damocles's NitroGen v0.352 prefablist + Mctaco Compo 38+ (Updated) [click here]

I will try to keep this particular file/link updated.

If you see any other floating structure, give us a screenshot in this thread and we'll try to find and fix it :)

SnowDog1942

I forgot to add that you will need to either rebuild a new random gen world from scratch after updating the "prefablist.txt" for NitroGen, or update the generated random-gen world's file "prefabs.xml" manually then restart a new game world/server.

If you want to keep the progress you made on the game then the alternative solution is to update the "prefabs.xml" file with the fix, then delete the relevant saved map data. This way you can keep your character progress and inventory, but the game world + changes made to the world as well as containers will be erased (unless you know which map files you want to keep and which ones you want to reset).

Here is my updated prefablist for the floating GasStation:

backdownhipi's McTaco list updated (Compo 38+ prefabs only) [click here]

Damocles's NitroGen v0.352 prefablist + Mctaco Compo 38+ (Updated) [click here]

I will try to keep this particular file/link updated.

If you see any other floating structure, give us a screenshot in this thread and we'll try to find and fix it :)

Awesome, thanks man.

cars VS. concrete

I found this happening in a few prefabs.

A17-4-2019-06-20-04-03-53.jpg

I've been working at fixing them myself but found this thread while browsing, I thought I should bring it to your attention.Though, you obviously already know about these minor glitches.

As an art-form/sculpture, it's neat-o... but as for immersion... Doh!

I'm new to NitroGen and am loving it, so I was psyched to see the compo-pack list. As instructed, I copied all the prefabs starting with "xcostum" to the NitroGen prefablist.txt and then started a new random world. There didn't seem to be any new POIs, so I checked the prefabs.xml for the new world in the Generated Worlds folder and I'm not seeing anything starting with xcostum listed there. Is that where I should see the new POIs listed? I'm not super savvy with this stuff, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm new to NitroGen and am loving it, so I was psyched to see the compo-pack list. As instructed, I copied all the prefabs starting with "xcostum" to the NitroGen prefablist.txt and then started a new random world. There didn't seem to be any new POIs, so I checked the prefabs.xml for the new world in the Generated Worlds folder and I'm not seeing anything starting with xcostum listed there. Is that where I should see the new POIs listed? I'm not super savvy with this stuff, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

You need to change the resources/prefablist.txt , and restart Nitrogen.

You can either append the entries to the prefabslist, or replace it, to only generate POIs listed.

Hey, Damocles. Thanks for getting back to me. So I did change the resources/prefablist.txt and restarted Nitrogen before my previous post. But taking a look at the compo-pack thread for clues to my problem, I think the issue is that I never added the actual new prefabs to my prefabs folder.

1. I'm guessing I would get the new prefabs from the regular compo-pack thread? When I check there it says it's updated for 17.3 but not 17.4. But it's still okay to use with 17.4?

2. It also says I need to overwrite the rwgmixer, but should I ignore that since NitroGen is now my rwgmixer?

Thanks again.

Hey, Damocles. Thanks for getting back to me. So I did change the resources/prefablist.txt and restarted Nitrogen before my previous post. But taking a look at the compo-pack thread for clues to my problem, I think the issue is that I never added the actual new prefabs to my prefabs folder.

1. I'm guessing I would get the new prefabs from the regular compo-pack thread? When I check there it says it's updated for 17.3 but not 17.4. But it's still okay to use with 17.4?

2. It also says I need to overwrite the rwgmixer, but should I ignore that since NitroGen is now my rwgmixer?

Thanks again.

Sure, you need to have the preabs themself downloaded and "installed" for the game to load them.

NitroGen in itself is completely standalone (does not load anything from the 7DtD folders), and will create the world-files based on the prefabs.txt provided.

So it does not know if you have all required prefabs in the prefabs folder. You can check the prefabs.xml of the generated world to see all placed POIs.

The worlds work fine with 17.4 or 17.3 , there where no changes to the formats or vanilla POIs.

• 2 weeks later...

Incorrect POI value fix for xcostum_spanish_mission(by_The_Cure) applied & uploaded (same links as before).

backdownhipi's McTaco list updated (Compo 38+ prefabs only) [Click Here]

Damocles's NitroGen v0.352 prefablist + Mctaco Compo 38+ (Updated) [Click Here]

xcostum_spanish_mission(by_The_Cure),ANY,0,-1,80,144,24,alone
 To
xcostum_spanish_mission(by_The_Cure),ANY,0,-1,80,24,144,alone

Fixed a slightly-big bug in backdownhipi's McTaco Compo-pack List.

All of the Y (height) and Z values were reversed (now fixed).

This would have led to the overlapping of some POIs & potential POI overhangs on slopes/cliffs.

backdownhipi's McTaco list updated (Compo 38+ prefabs only) [Click Here]

Damocles's NitroGen v0.355 prefablist + Mctaco Compo 38+ (Updated) [Click Here]

Hello, and thanks for this!

I don't know the values, and I don't even know which building it is, but someone here might be able to help pinpoint which structure I'm describing. There is a house that must have some sort of water feature inside (there's water flowing through the wreckage) and a couple of the munitions crates placed around it (they are floating in midair now) that seems like it's set wrong. Every time I encounter it, it looks like it has collapsed, so i think it might have the wrong placement. I tried a new map and did a full render pass of the map before I went exploring (using visitmap) to make sure it wasn't just weird physics/loading issues, and it was still collapsed. I don't think it's wrecked by design, due to the floating stuff left over (:

I did have a problem with the spiral library collapsing when I approached, but I'm hoping the visitmap stuff fixed that...haven't found one in my new map to find out (;

• 3 months later...

Does this work now for a18 the latest version? and which link should i use to get compopack in nitrogen? Btw love nitrogen. but now that i use compopack had to go back to regular rwg, but really want to use nitrogen, please advice

Does this work now for a18 the latest version? and which link should i use to get compopack in nitrogen? Btw love nitrogen. but now that i use compopack had to go back to regular rwg, but really want to use nitrogen, please advice

fairly certain this is in nitrogen itself already

Compopack39 comes with Nitrogen but I uploaded a list for CompoPack40.

It's in the NitroGen thread: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?114207-Tool-NITROGEN-a-random-world-generator-for-7DtD&p=1061251&viewfull=1#post1061251

Archived