Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random generated (RGW) MAP Preview image export Tool

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Random generated (RGW) MAP Preview image export Tool

    Hi All!

    RGW Map Preview Image Tool

    I'm with my fiends usually waste a lot of time to generate and choose best random seed for our server. So I wrote custom open source java app for generate map preview image like this:

    UPDATED: v.6






    You can try it by yourself, just follow the instructions on project GitHub:
    https://github.com/ognivo777/7D2D_RG...ster/README.md
    Last edited by ognivo777; 11-06-2019, 12:45 AM. Reason: new release

    #2
    Fix some. Now its look like

    Comment


      #3
      New version released!

      Hi all!

      Chek out latest release of RGW Map builder!

      We are working hard to make our map more informative and beautiful.
      Added bunch of different buildings, more accurate landscape. Different types of roads.
      So latest release produce map like this:
      photo_2019-07-02_19-30-21.jpg

      Comment


        #4
        Looks pretty. Like me!

        Comment


          #5
          Wow, very impressive. I wish I'd paid more attention in school and stuck with it 'cause then maybe I'd be writing nifty little gadgets like this too... but... I guess I'll stick to making prefabs and manipulating the world generator.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Guppycur View Post
            Looks pretty. Like me!
            Are you telling me, you look like this?

            Comment


              #7
              My poops do. That count?

              Comment


                #8
                Guys, the new version is here!
                Updated the old and added a dozen new icons!
                And the radiation zone was also drawn

                Just have a look at:


                p.s. UI is comming soon

                Comment


                  #9
                  When I run the new version I only get 1_waterZones.png. Am doing exact same way as I did for v2 wich gave me the other files.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Let's try to execute from command line like this (if you have at least 2gb free RAM):

                    java -Xms1024m -Xmx2048m -jar 7dtd-rgw-map-image-builder.jar

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Gamida View Post
                      When I run the new version I only get 1_waterZones.png. Am doing exact same way as I did for v2 wich gave me the other files.
                      Try the new release:

                      https://github.com/ognivo777/7D2D_RG...eleases/latest
                      • Huge perfomace optimization
                      • UI: Simple information screen
                      • Auto re-run for enforce more memory allocation to avoid in low-memory crushes

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Just take a look at the icons we are use on the map!

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by ognivo777 View Post
                          Let's try to execute from command line like this (if you have at least 2gb free RAM):

                          java -Xms1024m -Xmx2048m -jar 7dtd-rgw-map-image-builder.jar
                          For those who run into the "TOO LITTLE" error, I had an environment variable named _JAVA_OPTIONS that was set to -Xmx256m.
                          Passing the -Xmx6g argument didn't override the environment variable for some reason. \_(ツ)_/

                          Nice tool by the way!

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Tete1805 View Post
                            For those who run into the "TOO LITTLE" error, I had an environment variable named _JAVA_OPTIONS that was set to -Xmx256m.
                            Passing the -Xmx6g argument didn't override the environment variable for some reason. \_(ツ)_/

                            Nice tool by the way!
                            Hi! Very pleased that you liked our small tool

                            Thank you for this advice! I will add them to readme.
                            Please show your output for this command:

                            java -version

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I'm on the latest version if I'm not mistaken:

                              Code:
                              λ java -version
                              java version "1.8.0_221"
                              Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_221-b11)
                              Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.221-b11, mixed mode)
                              It's actually a known problem with the environment variable.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X