Server Launcher and Mod sync

wesley7611

I made a little launcher for my server, on first run it will detect the installation folder and will download and install all the mod files on the server. Subsequent lunches, it will check to see if there has been a new mod bundle installed, and if so, download it. Once the mods are synced, it launches the game and connects to the server.

This is was made to basically streamline the installation process, players simply download the launcher and then just hit a button to automatically download/update/sync all mods and launch the game, no messing around with any config files etc.

If anyone feels they would have any use for such a tool for their own servers, I am happy to open it up to other server owners to be able to configure it for their own servers and host it themselves.

c2.jpg.09f17215180059109b90df00482ebeff.jpg

Is it possible for the user to choose where the game files are?

For instance, I have multiple games under a folder called 7DTD on my C drive.

If I wanted to join your server I would like add a folder with the game files to play on your server rather than it touch my game under steam.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 2/17/2020 at 10:45 AM, wesley7611 said:

I made a little launcher for my server, on first run it will detect the installation folder and will download and install all the mod files on the server. Subsequent lunches, it will check to see if there has been a new mod bundle installed, and if so, download it. Once the mods are synced, it launches the game and connects to the server.

This is was made to basically streamline the installation process, players simply download the launcher and then just hit a button to automatically download/update/sync all mods and launch the game, no messing around with any config files etc.

If anyone feels they would have any use for such a tool for their own servers, I am happy to open it up to other server owners to be able to configure it for their own servers and host it themselves.

c2.jpg.09f17215180059109b90df00482ebeff.jpg

Ever release this?

Looks like this thread died, so I wrote one today and added some other things I thought might be nice, wrote it in Powershell and compiled to exe as I had most everything already as a script. Source on my GitHub. Feel free to copy and do whatever you want. To get the full benefit, you'll need PowerShell Studio from SAPIEN. I'd also welcome any pull requests to add more functionality, integrate directly with the host server, and just be generally more user friendly. The links below:

https://github.com/imseandavis/7DTD_Custom_Client_Launcher