7d2d Mod Creator (Xml/Xpath)

wrathmaniac

Just wanted to throw a link to my application for generating xml amd xpath for 7 days to die. Currently the application has quite a few features to assist in modding the game. It has support for searching the existing xml files easier. And while doing so provides the ability to perform any Xpath command on any in game object, while only needing the bare minimum from the user to create the xml.

My goal was to make creating the xml much easier by providing an interface without needed to look through those heavy xml files.

I'm hoping to make it be sort of a norm for modders ;)

The link is here: https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/754

Let me know what you guys think!

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to let you know with v 1.6 I find the app to be a full on XML modlet editor. If you want to come check it out one more time it is quite a bit better than when I originally wrote this post. I have also added some tutorial videos on how to use it. Let me know what you think and if you like it be sure to tell your friends!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, I did create videos. They are rough and unedited though. Links are on the nexus page, and they are all on youtube. If you have any questions post them on the Nexus page for the application. I'll be happy to help :). 

I also suggest hovering UI components. If you are confused about something. I put tooltips on most ui components to help users understand. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to give you an update that the tool I created is almost end to end modlet editing. It now handles the Modinfo.xml, localization.txt and xpath command generation.  I have made quite a few modlets with it and for managing XML modlets it is a must have for me. Easily manage different mods, inspect them and even copy objects from them easily with the search trees or directly in an editing window. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived