UABE - Asset Bundle Extractor

DerPopo

(Not affiliated with Unity Technologies).

Asset Bundle Extractor (UABE) is a tool that allows editing asset bundles and .assets. It can export .assets files from bundles, import them back, modify most asset formats with plugins and dumps with type information and create a standalone installer from the modifications.

Installers created with the 64bit version can't be used on 32bit systems but an installer package can be exported from the 64bit version and imported in the 32bit version to create a 32bit installer.

Old changelog : here

Changes in 3.0 beta 1:

• Basically the whole application, with only the Type Database Editor left mostly as-is.
  • Several bundle files can be edited at once.
  • Files can be opened and closed without closing all files first.
  • The selection in the file list/tree determines the files shown for editing,
     and multiple indepentent selections can be managed using tabs.
  • Operations on opened files can run asynchronously (currently set to 4 threads, but no inherent limit).
  • The entire UABE application code is moved to shared libraries and can be referenced by plugins.
  • Generic asset editing is now possible within the application (View Data). Double left click and right click are your new friends.
  • Resource importing is supported, currently only used for the generic asset editor. Right click on StreamingInfo and StreamedResource fields.
  • UABE is now OSS available under the Eclipse Public License v2.0.
  • Note: Texture2DArray assets (like used in 7dtd's blocktextureatlases) are not supported yet.

If you have no forum account but want to give me feature requests or want to report bugs, you can use the github page.

By downloading and/or using this software or its source code, you agree to be bound by the terms of the Eclipse Public License v2.0.

Old releases : here (released under CC BY-NC-SA 3.0)

Releases

3.0 beta 1 (32bit : here, 64bit : here)

Github repository and source code : here

Edited by DerPopo
Fix dead link (see edit history)

Hi, I tried it butit always says unknown unable to read Bundle file! (invalid file or unknown version?)

Tried to open the resources.asset.

As i understand this program unpacks the asset files from the Bundles Folder > BlockTextureAtlases and TerrainTextures > These files can be opened with UAE.

I tested the tool and it works. Thx @ DerPopo

Cam i beg for an explaining this for some one, who arent familiar at the programing? What this does? how it works step by step?

Thnx for the reply =)

This tool extracts .assets files from assets bundles (like BlockTextureAtlases) so you can view them with UAE.

To extract an .assets file, just press File->Open, select the file, press Export and select the output file.

To import an .assets file, do the same steps as above but press Import.

7 Days to Die's block textures are stored in these assets bundles so this allows you to edit them.

Awesome work DerPopo. Thanks for looking into this for me. Would you mind if I post a link in some other forums? I'll make sure you get full credit.

Of course, feel free to post a link.

This tool extracts .assets files from assets bundles (like BlockTextureAtlases) so you can view them with UAE.

To extract an .assets file, just press File->Open, select the file, press Export and select the output file.

To import an .assets file, do the same steps as above but press Import.

7 Days to Die's block textures are stored in these assets bundles so this allows you to edit them.

Thnx for the reply, and i need to ask another favor, if i did the export, after what need i use, to actualy see the files, and "makes some sense" for a beginner like me. I just can humbly say thnx, for the great community, how they keep us "feed" and help, and still give help to the greens to ;)

Thnx for the reply, and i need to ask another favor, if i did the export, after what need i use, to actualy see the files, and "makes some sense" for a beginner like me. I just can humbly say thnx, for the great community, how they keep us "feed" and help, and still give help to the greens to ;)

1. Start UABE

2. select File-> open and browse for BlockTextureAtlases on my pc its C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Bundles)

3. Make sure Remove the Treetype is selected in UABE, click EXPORT and save the file as test.asset

4. Open test.asset in UAE just as you would with sharedasset2.asset or any other asset file. (if you can't see the file make sure that UAE looks for all files instead of just *.asset if you just saved it as test)

• 2 months later...

Here's some eye candy :

F7nmdYym.png

I have made a tree view for assets that uses the type information in asset bundle files. I tested it with multiple Unity 4 and Unity 5 asset bundle files and different asset file formats and it works so far.

I will add an option to load .assets files to view the asset data of these.

• 2 weeks later...

I have released v1.3. It can show the data of assets in a tree view and now also opens the asset list for .assets files outside a bundle file.

I am planning to add an export/import button for assets that also allows to read and write type tree dumps.

• 4 weeks later...

V1.4 has been released. Modifying .assets files now is possible.

The next things to do are file format exporter and importer plugins, fixes for the Unity 4 type database and a better way to find out which asset a PPtr field is pointing to.

• 2 weeks later...

V1.5a has been released with some bug fixes and a plugin API.

I included a Texture plugin that supports reading and writing the texture data formats RGB24, RGBA32, BGRA32, ARGB32, ARGB4444, RGBA4444, RGB565, DXT1 and DXT5. You can export the data to the lossless file formats .png and .tga and import these.

Multiple textures in one file (which does not include texture atlases) and making mip maps is not supported.

• DerPopo changed the title to UABE - Asset Bundle Extractor