Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unity Assets Bundle Extractor

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by n2n1 View Post
    You first need to determine where the problem is - then look for a solution.
    I find it very difficult to get the right information from you, and you probably think the same about me
    dont worry dude ..thanks anyways .. the problem is is difficult to explain ...more if my english is bad ....but another way is if you download the game and you try to mod textures then you can see the problem in first plane but ..you are doing a lot know trying to understand and help me ...

    Comment


      Hi,

      I was able to run the extractor, and just downloaded the latest Unity free version. When I try to import extracted assets in Unity, it tells me the file uses a newer version and serialization format are not compatible. I am new to Unity.

      Any idea ? Thank you !

      Comment


        I'm new to this so excuse my stupidity (I also don't know how active this thread is) but is there any plugins to extract material's into tga's like with textures? Thank you for this tool btw I have no idea what I'm doing but it's worked really well for me

        Comment


          Hmmm.... but during extraction, you can choose between two formats - png or tga ...

          Comment


            I'm trying to mod a game (injecting VR), and to do that I need to edit globalgamemanagers and inject the supported VR devices in there. I would like to be able to do that through my own code. It seems like UABE is the only tool for that, and it isn't open source. I have no idea where to start with this.

            Is there any chance the source code for UABE could become available? Or that I could get a hint on how to edit this globalgamemanagers file myself?

            Comment


              Hello.
              Sorry for my bad English.
              Thank you for your software.
              I added a new asset but I don't know how to add the container I'm just an amateur.
              Help me please.
              Thank you so much!

              Comment


                I didn't quite understand what it means to "add a container".
                Note that UABE only edits and extracts ready-made assets.
                You can only add an element (such as a texture or a new entry similar to those that already exist.
                (perhaps the author will correct if I use the terminology incorrectly)

                What exactly do you mean by "container"?
                Last edited by n2n1; 4 weeks ago.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by n2n1 View Post
                  I didn't quite understand what it means to "add a container".
                  Note that UABE only edits and extracts ready-made assets.
                  You can only add an element (such as a texture or a new entry similar to those that already exist.
                  (perhaps the author will correct if I use the terminology incorrectly)

                  What exactly do you mean by "container"?
                  Thank you so much!
                  I can overwrite an exist entry, but I don't know how to duplicate an exist entry to a new entry, or add a new entry (I used the button "add" but the field "container" was null).
                  Last edited by htlinh90; 4 weeks ago. Reason: grammar

                  Comment


                    ahhh....things have changed a lot since I did this....
                    I added separate elements once, but now there are more options for this, but most likely i can't help...

                    But still - where is this container in the screenshot?



                    I probably don't even know what a container is now. What exactly do you want to add ? text, texture, sound? or is this "container" a set of files?
                    Last edited by n2n1; 4 weeks ago.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by n2n1 View Post
                      ahhh....things have changed a lot since I did this....
                      I added separate elements once, but now there are more options for this, but most likely i can't help...

                      But still - where is this container in the screenshot?

                      I probably don't even know what a container is now. What exactly do you want to add ? text, texture, sound? or is this "container" a set of files?
                      I'm trying to duplicate an exist entry, in this case, the file type is AnimationClip (0x0000004A) (I'm trying to export raw an exist entry, add a new blank entry then import raw)

                      The "Container" is the second column.

                      I1gJ4jo.png

                      Comment


                        Yes it's possible - I did it, I don't remember how ....if I remember, I will update the post.
                        I remember that it's not very obvious but it's definitely doable.

                        UPD:
                        Yes, here, in this thread, there is an answer to this question:
                        https://forums.7daystodie.com/forum/...523#post916523

                        it seems that earlier this was due to the fact that this path was stored in another asset , and some operations had to be done through it.
                        Last edited by n2n1; 4 weeks ago.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by n2n1 View Post
                          Yes it's possible - I did it, I don't remember how ....if I remember, I will update the post.
                          I remember that it's not very obvious but it's definitely doable.

                          UPD:
                          Yes, here, in this thread, there is an answer to this question:
                          https://forums.7daystodie.com/forum/...523#post916523

                          it seems that earlier this was due to the fact that this path was stored in another asset , and some operations had to be done through it.
                          Great! Thank you very much! It works!

                          Comment


                            Hello.
                            Sorry for my bad English.
                            I'm trying to import a new mesh (.obj) to an asset bundle of a game.
                            I'm using this way:
                            1. Use Unity (2019.2.0f1) to open the .obj file then build an asset bundle.
                            2. Use UABE to open the asset bundle I built and "export dump" the mesh.
                            3. Use UABE to import that dump-file to an asset bundle of a game.

                            And the problem is:
                            When I opened the asset bundle I had built and clicked "view data" of the mesh, It was still good:

                            4G1yWou.jpg

                            But when I imported that dump-file to an asset bundle of a game then clicked "view data" of the mesh, It was an error, and of course when I ran the game, It did not work:

                            QUe7NFP.jpg

                            I guess It was because of the "Streaming Info" in the end of the dump-file:

                            Code:
                            0 StreamingInfo m_StreamData
                            0 unsigned int offset = 0
                            0 unsigned int size = 916680
                            1 string path = "archive:/CAB-e1e5d51db885da383e5604e5a3c99c0a/e1e5d51db885da383e5604e5a3c99c0a.resS"
                            The "string path" above is the path to the asset bundle I built. I tried to replace with the path of the asset bundle of the game, but It still did not work.
                            I compared with the meshes in the asset bundle of the game, and they did not have the "Streaming Info" like the mesh I built.
                            So is It a way to solve this problem?
                            Please help me!
                            Thank you so much!

                            Comment


                              Yes, i can confirm that i did this with a static object in the game. There seem to be no secrets, you just need to carefully do everything correctly - but this does not guarantee success.
                              In addition, there are a lot of side problems: texture mismatches, colliders, animation, materials...
                              I just want to suggest you another way - using an offset pointing to another asset. But I'm not sure that this will work for meshes - i did this for an audio file.
                              In this thread, somewhere, this method is described. If I find it, I'll give you a link.

                              (you can go through this thread yourself, paying attention to the author's posts and mine)
                              Last edited by n2n1; 3 weeks ago.

                              Comment


                                ....
                                Last edited by Rugtveit; 3 weeks ago.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X