Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SDX Persistent Arrows

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Carmela View Post
    Love it! What I've been waiting for. thank you.


    I did try uncommenting the crossbow stuff.
    But when I run the game with it uncommented, I can't fire the crossbow at all. I load the ammo, zoom, and hit fire and nothing happens. Happen to have any ideas why it would do that? Just figured I'd ask. (I'm a modder, so I'm familiar with xml formatting and I checked all the tags and everything, no errors at all in the output log, and I don't have any other mods running with it).
    Thank you!
    Hello Carmela,

    Hmm as I guess it's probably something to do with the draw time. The bow has it and I noticed the pimps fixed the issue where you could click the left mouse to instantly fire the bow without drawing. That fix probably means the crossbow is waiting for a draw strength value that's never provided as it's using the bow code. I prefer the challenge of the bow so never really tested the crossbow stuff. It might make it into a future update or the scripts for everything are included in the mod so some other modder may look at it and expand on the idea. There's plenty of room for improvements.

    Comment


      #17
      Really appreciate the response(s). Thanks, Hal -- it sort of makes more sense, I get what you're saying. If I knew what I was doing at all with scripting, I would totally be all over this to see if that was the issue, but XMLs are pretty much my limit, sadly. haha
      Oh, well, I guess we'll see if someone else comes up with a fix or anything.

      Appreciate the help.

      Comment


        #18
        This idea is really cool, and I love it, but most of the time I cannot use it. When I am playing with it sometimes it will work for a couple of shots, but most of the time it glitches on the very first shot. Technically it still works, the arrow fires, sticks, and can be retrieved. However, it inevitably throws the following error causing me to have to close the control panel. Once it happens it does it with every single arrow fired ... here is the error:

        "ArgumentException: an element with the same key already exists in the dictionary."

        Only other thing I have noticed is that usually I can see another arrow nearby that cannot be retrieved when this happens. I am using other SDX mods alongside this so it could be an interaction with one of those, but other than loading one at a time and testing each time (starting with this one) I do not know how to find out which one it is. I know that is probably what I am going to have to do,l but I am hoping for a "Oh yeah, fix it like this" sudden realization that might save me time.

        Thanks yall.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Izbenn View Post
          This idea is really cool, and I love it, but most of the time I cannot use it. When I am playing with it sometimes it will work for a couple of shots, but most of the time it glitches on the very first shot. Technically it still works, the arrow fires, sticks, and can be retrieved. However, it inevitably throws the following error causing me to have to close the control panel. Once it happens it does it with every single arrow fired ... here is the error:

          "ArgumentException: an element with the same key already exists in the dictionary."

          Only other thing I have noticed is that usually I can see another arrow nearby that cannot be retrieved when this happens. I am using other SDX mods alongside this so it could be an interaction with one of those, but other than loading one at a time and testing each time (starting with this one) I do not know how to find out which one it is. I know that is probably what I am going to have to do,l but I am hoping for a "Oh yeah, fix it like this" sudden realization that might save me time.

          Thanks yall.
          Hello Izbenn,

          Yes it sounds like something is conflicting and you'll need to go through and check each mod. I'd focus on any other weapon/ranged mod you have but it could be any. When the error appears if you have a look in the output_log.txt file and find the error copy all the error here (including the text above and below it so I can see the call stack trace) as that may point to where the error is being thrown in the code.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by HAL9000 View Post
            Hello Izbenn,

            Yes it sounds like something is conflicting and you'll need to go through and check each mod. I'd focus on any other weapon/ranged mod you have but it could be any. When the error appears if you have a look in the output_log.txt file and find the error copy all the error here (including the text above and below it so I can see the call stack trace) as that may point to where the error is being thrown in the code.
            yeh i have found some sdx mods can conflict. spent the last two days fixing it. Well 1 day fixing it then trying to make another removing all current sdx mods from folder and breaking game lol. then forgetting which mod I had to put down the bottom of the load order lol....

            Comment


              #21
              This is effeminately of my top favorite mods! When prioritizing this goes to the top. Thanks for making this mod!

              Also, you mentioned that there are some funky physics at work and I wanted to mention that I have since adding this mod watched a Zed sky rocket upon death. This has not happened much and I am also not complaining. I found it rather entertaining.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by GARRthePIRATE View Post
                This is effeminately of my top favorite mods! When prioritizing this goes to the top. Thanks for making this mod!

                Also, you mentioned that there are some funky physics at work and I wanted to mention that I have since adding this mod watched a Zed sky rocket upon death. This has not happened much and I am also not complaining. I found it rather entertaining.
                Glad you like it GARR. Yeah it seems certain points of the body cause odd behaviour. I still haven't found an easy way of replicating it to test and debug though.

                Comment


                  #23
                  {are persistent shells a potential thing?}

                  NVMD
                  https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...asing-Ejection
                  Last edited by GARRthePIRATE; 07-28-2016, 09:14 PM. Reason: Answered my own question

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Yes, that's the only reliable way. Having them spawn in the world could cause too much lag unless you limited the number of casings that were made.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      They do spawn in the world, but only if a bag.AddItem() and inventory.AddItem() return false, and they have a decay time of 60 seconds, so they're not technically persistent.

                      Otherwise, it'd be server overload with 8 players who have automatic weapons and tons of ammo...
                      Last edited by Carlzilla; 07-30-2016, 07:56 PM.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        hi ! is there a way to make this work without using SDX ?

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by KorruptkSwades View Post
                          hi ! is there a way to make this work without using SDX ?
                          Nope

                          Comment


                            #28
                            This needs to be added to the game. Instead of just being a mod.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Hey, just commenting to ask if this is still compatible with current A15 build.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by Xtrakicking View Post
                                Hey, just commenting to ask if this is still compatible with current A15 build.
                                This version isn't but the A15 one is lurking in the shadows waiting for the RC of SDX 7 (which is the version A15 will need)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X