X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome that fixed it thanks sphereii!

Comment

Hello people,

I just tried using mod launcher for the first time. Any idea how do you add modlets that are not available to download from the list?

I want to add Guppycur's modlets to the game, but it's not on the available list. So I've been downloading it manually and extracted it to 7 Days to Die /Mods/ folder. However when I launched the mod launcher it shows error, apparently because it can't detect mods added manually?

Comment

Originally posted by Xaliber View Post
        Hello people,

I just tried using mod launcher for the first time. Any idea how do you add modlets that are not available to download from the list?

I want to add Guppycur's modlets to the game, but it's not on the available list. So I've been downloading it manually and extracted it to 7 Days to Die /Mods/ folder. However when I launched the mod launcher it shows error, apparently because it can't detect mods added manually?
        It should be able too. If you copied a mod in manually, the mod launcher doesn't really need to see it for the game to load it. There is a bug in the mod launcher that if the folder doesn't match then name="" attribute in the ModInfo.xml, the mod launcher won't display it correctly. However, the game will find it.

What errors are you seeing? It seems like it may be unrelated.

Comment

EDIT: Sorry my connection was bad, mistakenly double posted.

Comment

Originally posted by sphereii View Post
            It should be able too. If you copied a mod in manually, the mod launcher doesn't really need to see it for the game to load it. There is a bug in the mod launcher that if the folder doesn't match then name="" attribute in the ModInfo.xml, the mod launcher won't display it correctly. However, the game will find it.

What errors are you seeing? It seems like it may be unrelated.
            The errors are this one:

Here is the full log:
            https://pastebin.com/PK41EVRL

I also edited several lines of the already downloaded mod, if that makes any difference.
            Last edited by Xaliber; 12-04-2019, 01:28 PM.

Comment

The errors are this one:

Here is the full log:
              https://pastebin.com/PK41EVRL

I also edited several lines of the already downloaded mod, if that makes any difference.
              I am guessing there's something in the ModInfo.xml that it does not like. Could you upload the contents of that file somewhere?

Comment

Okay, I've found the issue. I was adding a note to ModInfo.xml that I combined Guppycur's with Xajar's. Turns out it doesn't like the "&" symbol! I erased it and the launcher works fine.

Sorry for the trouble, sphereii.

Just one question: the modlets don't auto-update, right? So I won't lose the change I made in the modified modlets?

Comment

Okay, I've found the issue. I was adding a note to ModInfo.xml that I combined Guppycur's with Xajar's. Turns out it doesn't like the "&" symbol! I erased it and the launcher works fine.

Sorry for the trouble, sphereii.

Just one question: the modlets don't auto-update, right? So I won't lose the change I made in the modified modlets?
                  If you have Refresh Mods Automatically off, then it won't update any modlets you've downloaded from the mod launcher.

If you manually copied mods, it won't update them regardless of the Refresh Mods Automatically.

Comment

Originally posted by sphereii View Post
                    If you have Refresh Mods Automatically off, then it won't update any modlets you've downloaded from the mod launcher.

If you manually copied mods, it won't update them regardless of the Refresh Mods Automatically.
                    Got it. Thanks SphereII!

Comment

Im trying to launch the BorderlandZ mod alpha 17 through mod launcher but everytime i do regardless of version it launches and just freezes on loading main menu ... ive pre-synced the mod and everything so was curious if anyone has encountered this issue and maybe a fix?

Comment

Originally posted by Yoter View Post
                        Im trying to launch the BorderlandZ mod alpha 17 through mod launcher but everytime i do regardless of version it launches and just freezes on loading main menu ... ive pre-synced the mod and everything so was curious if anyone has encountered this issue and maybe a fix?
                        Do you have EAC enabled? Are you using Alpha 17.4 on it as a base?

Comment

I have a problem with the mod launcher. When starting the game by the launcher, i get this error:

Checking for DMT...
                          Scanning for Harmony
                          d:\programme\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\0-SphereIICore\Harmony
                          d:\programme\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\SDX_0.7.1\Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\0-SphereIICore\Harmony
                          Scanning for Scripts
                          d:\programme\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\0-SphereIICore\Scripts
                          d:\programme\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\SDX_0.7.1\Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\0-SphereIICore\Scripts
                          Scanning for PatchScripts
                          d:\programme\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\0-SphereIICore\PatchScripts
                          d:\programme\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\SDX_0.7.1\Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\0-SphereIICore\PatchScripts
                          DMT Scripts Detected.
                          Downloading DMT...
                          SDX Downloaded. Checking SDX Dependencies.
                          Starting SDX Launcher: d:\programme\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\SDXRepos\DMTViewer.exe /Silent /ScriptOnly /GameFolder ../ /ModFolder ../Mods /EnableAllMods
                          0|Parsing arguments
                          0|Auto Build
                          process started /InitialPatch /GameFolder "../" /ModFolder "../Mods" /ScriptOnly /EnableAllMods
                          Parsing arguments
                          Running BackupFiles
                          Backup dll found: d:\programme\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\SDXRepos/Backups/Dedi/16.4b319987/Assembly-CSharp.dll
                          Running DeployDlls
                          Deploying DLLs
                          Running LocalisationPatch
                          Localization.txt file not found in the backup folder
                          Running InitialPatchTask
                          Compiling PatchScripts assembly for InitialPatch...
                          Built patch file in 150ms
                          Compile errors
                          error CS0518: Der vordefinierte Typ 'System.Object' ist nicht definiert oder importiert.
                          Failed to compile PatchMods
                          Build failed

process exited with error code -1

SDX Exit Code: 0

I tried to find help in the internet but i seem to be the only one having that issue.

Comment

Apologies, you must get sick of these requests for help, but I've got another one.

I'm creating a modlet for another modlet (Xyth's NPCs). It simply removes Harley Quinn from the spawn lists, and it should be dead simple.

However, when I try it out, I get an error in the Mod Launcher logs: "The given path's format is not supported."

Link to the logs in Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/14UjBhGH

Here is as much information, that I can think of, that might be relevant:
                            • I created an entirely new MyMods mod ("My_NPCs") using the Mod Launcher, and copied the contents of the game (so not modifying the original)
                            • The game was copied from A18.2b2
                            • The modlet is named the same as Xyth's but with "_Remove_Harley_Quinn" after it, so it should load after Xyth's
                            • My modlet is not in any repo, I created it by hand in the "My_NPCs/Mods" folder

Here are the contents of the relevant files...

Config/entitygroups.xml:
                            Code:
                            <configs>
                              <!-- Remove from Friendly Animals group - this is the only group in which Harly spawns -->
                              <remove xpath="/entitygroups/entitygroup[starts-with(@name, 'FriendlyAnimals')]/entity[name='NPCHarleyQuinn']" />
                            </configs>
                            mod.xml (copied and modified from Xyth's):
                            Code:
                            <mod>
                              <info>
                                <author>khzmusik</author>
                                <name>Xyth NPCs: Remove Harley</name>
                                <description>Removes Harley Quinn from the Xyth NPC Mod</description>
                                <mod_version>1.0.0</mod_version>
                                <game_version>18.0</game_version>
                              </info>
                              <dependencies>
                                <dependency>Xyth NPCs</dependency>
                              </dependencies>
                            </mod>
                            ModInfo.xml (also copied and modified from Xyth's):
                            Code:
                            <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
                            <xml>
                            	<ModInfo>
                            		<Name value="Xyth NPCs: Remove Harley" />
                            		<Description value="Removes Harley Quinn from the Xyth NPC Mod" />
                            		<Author value="khzmusik" />
                            		<Version value="1.0.0" />
                            		<Website value="" />
                            	</ModInfo>
                            </xml>

Comment

...OK, ignore the last post, I figured it out.

In the mod.xml and ModInfo.xml files, the values for the "name"/"Name" tags werewrong. It turns out the value must exactly match the name of the modlet's folder in the "Mods" directory.

I had assumed, wrongly, that they were human-readable names for the modlet. (Human-readable text can be put in the description instead.)

Once I entered the folder name in those values, everything seemed to work fine.

Sorry for wasting your time with the long post.
                              Last edited by khzmusik; 12-07-2019, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by okwoco View Post
                                I have a problem with the mod launcher. When starting the game by the launcher, i get this error:

Checking for DMT...
                                Scanning for Harmony
                                d:\programme\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\0-SphereIICore\Harmony
                                d:\programme\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\SDX_0.7.1\Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\0-SphereIICore\Harmony
                                Scanning for Scripts
                                d:\programme\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\0-SphereIICore\Scripts
                                d:\programme\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\SDX_0.7.1\Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\0-SphereIICore\Scripts
                                Scanning for PatchScripts
                                d:\programme\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\0-SphereIICore\PatchScripts
                                d:\programme\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\SDX_0.7.1\Targets\7DaysToDie\Mods\0-SphereIICore\PatchScripts
                                DMT Scripts Detected.
                                Downloading DMT...
                                SDX Downloaded. Checking SDX Dependencies.
                                Starting SDX Launcher: d:\programme\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\SDXRepos\DMTViewer.exe /Silent /ScriptOnly /GameFolder ../ /ModFolder ../Mods /EnableAllMods
                                0|Parsing arguments
                                0|Auto Build
                                process started /InitialPatch /GameFolder "../" /ModFolder "../Mods" /ScriptOnly /EnableAllMods
                                Parsing arguments
                                Running BackupFiles
                                Backup dll found: d:\programme\steam\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die\SDXRepos/Backups/Dedi/16.4b319987/Assembly-CSharp.dll
                                Running DeployDlls
                                Deploying DLLs
                                Running LocalisationPatch
                                Localization.txt file not found in the backup folder
                                Running InitialPatchTask
                                Compiling PatchScripts assembly for InitialPatch...
                                Built patch file in 150ms
                                Compile errors
                                error CS0518: Der vordefinierte Typ 'System.Object' ist nicht definiert oder importiert.
                                Failed to compile PatchMods
                                Build failed

process exited with error code -1

SDX Exit Code: 0

I tried to find help in the internet but i seem to be the only one having that issue.
                                Looks like you are trying to apply DMT changes against A16.4. I'm not sure if we've tested with that.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by khzmusik View Post
                                ...OK, ignore the last post, I figured it out.

In the mod.xml and ModInfo.xml files, the values for the "name"/"Name" tags werewrong. It turns out the value must exactly match the name of the modlet's folder in the "Mods" directory.

I had assumed, wrongly, that they were human-readable names for the modlet. (Human-readable text can be put in the description instead.)

Once I entered the folder name in those values, everything seemed to work fine.

Sorry for wasting your time with the long post.
                                It's no worry. It's a known issue to me, and i'm still on the fence on whether to fix it or not. If I chose to fix it, then there's more processing to identify which folder goes with which mod; it's not challenging though. If I chose not too, then I kind of enforce a standard that your name should match your folder.

Comment

Working...
                                X