No announcement yet.

The 7D2D Mod Launcher - A Mod Launcher for 7 Days to Die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reinstalling launcher with old data/saves? Help?

Hey Sphereii or any other PC genus...

I have reinstalled Windoze as well as my Steam library and would LOVE to play my old saves of Starvation and other mods via the launcher. However, when I d/load the launcher and go to install it, it forces me into a new save folder and any attempt to merge my game data does not work i.e. dragging folders etc

Can anyone advise?

Comment

• Originally posted by Belladonna View Post
      Hey Sphereii or any other PC genus...

I have reinstalled Windoze as well as my Steam library and would LOVE to play my old saves of Starvation and other mods via the launcher. However, when I d/load the launcher and go to install it, it forces me into a new save folder and any attempt to merge my game data does not work i.e. dragging folders etc

Can anyone advise?
      When you say your saves of starvation, is that for older installs of the mod, or your actual save games?

Comment

• My actual saves. Like from last Friday when we played the current version. I managed to backup my data via the backup feature in steam and have installed from the backup but it's the launcher I can't get to install in the same spot....

Comment

• Originally posted by Belladonna View Post
          My actual saves. Like from last Friday when we played the current version. I managed to backup my data via the backup feature in steam and have installed from the backup but it's the launcher I can't get to install in the same spot....
          I think your saves will be stored under your %APPDATA% folder. I'm not familiar with Steam Back up or restore. Do you know for certain it actually backs up your local saves as well as your game files?

Comment

• Originally posted by sphereii View Post
            I think your saves will be stored under your %APPDATA% folder. I'm not familiar with Steam Back up or restore. Do you know for certain it actually backs up your local saves as well as your game files?
            Unless they have completely rewritten the backup feature on Steam it doesn't touch your game saves. At least it didn't the last time I messed around with it.

Comment

No, I don't think so. Would be amazing if it did. Unfortunately every game is different. 7D2D puts your saves in C drive even if your steam and your game files are in your D drive for example. I was just hoping I could merge data. I'm still getting used to working with the back end of the games rather than just game play. Thanks anyway Sphereii.

Comment

• Good Morning Sphereii

Has anyone else report a very slow start for WOW 5.2. with latest update. From the time I hit "Play mod" it took about 5 min just to get into the 7d2d launch window and another 3 minutes to get into game.
                Slower than it was by a lot.

Just wondering and Have a Great weekend .. give a thanks now .. in-case I miss you

Comment

• Originally posted by gpcstargate View Post
                  Good Morning Sphereii

Has anyone else report a very slow start for WOW 5.2. with latest update. From the time I hit "Play mod" it took about 5 min just to get into the 7d2d launch window and another 3 minutes to get into game.
                  Slower than it was by a lot.

Just wondering and Have a Great weekend .. give a thanks now .. in-case I miss you
                  Hey gpcstargate. Happy new year!

5.2 isn't that much bigger than the older release, however, github could have been experiencing an issue, or the ISP may have had a slow down. Let me know if the problem persists, or if anyone else is seeing the same issue.

Comment

• I am having trouble getting the launcher to launch. It worked fine until one day it didn't. I thought it may have become corrupted so I removed it and downloaded it from the Link- Option1. It tried to start just as the previous file but it failed. I tried Option2, but it never opened as well. I did download the zipfile - Option3 and it allowed me to play the mods that were previously downloaded and played. So that is all good. Unfortunately it wont download new mods. It doesn't seem to want to copy the game from my drive as well. I am currently trying to download it from Steam. Not sure what issue I am having as I have searched the thread for similar issues. Running Windows10. Thanks for help in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by chokndog View Post
                      I am having trouble getting the launcher to launch. It worked fine until one day it didn't. I thought it may have become corrupted so I removed it and downloaded it from the Link- Option1. It tried to start just as the previous file but it failed. I tried Option2, but it never opened as well. I did download the zipfile - Option3 and it allowed me to play the mods that were previously downloaded and played. So that is all good. Unfortunately it wont download new mods. It doesn't seem to want to copy the game from my drive as well. I am currently trying to download it from Steam. Not sure what issue I am having as I have searched the thread for similar issues. Running Windows10. Thanks for help in advance.
                      Sorry for the trouble. Let's see if we can get you sorted with the first problem, then we can move unto the next problem.

What kind of Anti-virus software are you running? Sometimes that interferes with the launcher as it falsely flags it.

The Mod Launcher is distributed through a One-Click packaging system. This is a microsoft-based solution, but sometimes it misbehaves.

Let's try to fix that by doing Option A, and if that doesnt work, try option B.

A) Go into Program Files and Remove the 7D2D Mod Launcher, and then re-install it

B) Copy and paste this in an Explorer window: %APPDATA%\..\Local\Apps\2.0 And delete everything in there. This is the OneClick cache that windows maintains for these types of apps. The information will be re-generated when you use a program listed in here

Here's the reference I'm using for the Options: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ails-to-update

Comment

Sorry for the trouble. Let's see if we can get you sorted with the first problem, then we can move unto the next problem.

What kind of Anti-virus software are you running? Sometimes that interferes with the launcher as it falsely flags it.

The Mod Launcher is distributed through a One-Click packaging system. This is a microsoft-based solution, but sometimes it misbehaves.

Let's try to fix that by doing Option A, and if that doesnt work, try option B.

A) Go into Program Files and Remove the 7D2D Mod Launcher, and then re-install it

B) Copy and paste this in an Explorer window: %APPDATA%\..\Local\Apps\2.0 And delete everything in there. This is the OneClick cache that windows maintains for these types of apps. The information will be re-generated when you use a program listed in here

Here's the reference I'm using for the Options: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ails-to-update
                        Thanks Sphereii. You are the greatest. Worked like a charm. I did not find the other 7dtd launcher in Program Files, so I did the Option B and that seems to have worked. Downloaded the launcher and now its works perfect.

Comment

• Originally posted by chokndog View Post
                          Thanks Sphereii. You are the greatest. Worked like a charm. I did not find the other 7dtd launcher in Program Files, so I did the Option B and that seems to have worked. Downloaded the launcher and now its works perfect.
                          That's great news. It'd be really nice if Microsoft would have fixed things with that OneClick installer, but alas. Good luck, and enjoy the mods!

Comment

• Is there any way for me to use the launcher while not connected to the internet?

Comment

• Afraid not. The launcher uses the internet to download and install the mods.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spectral Force View Post
                                Afraid not. The launcher uses the internet to download and install the mods.
                                You can't launch already downloaded mods? I didn't realise that.

Comment

Working...
                                X