No announcement yet.

Adding new guns to 7 Days to Die (A17)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the guns are in the Items bundle now.

Comment

^ that.

All weapons seem to be in that file now.

Comment

Originally posted by KhaineGB View Post
        ^ that.

All weapons seem to be in that file now.
        Khaine, any idea how the animation controller would look for bows? I know it needs a hold, draw, draw idle, fire, fire cancel, and reload animations. I'm pretty sure I know the transitions, but I'm not certain how to trigger each animation within the items.xml file.

Comment

Not really. I did a crossbow once.

Took me 3 days.

I need to revisit bows/crossbows and see if I can refine the controller a bit, then I can just share it.

Comment

First of all great video, I have a few questions I am modding A18 does the version of unity I use matter ? I currently have 2019.2.10f1, also does the A17 export script work for A18 ? Thanks !

Comment

Export script still works.

I think I'm using 2018.something for unity. If you open your log file, it tells you what version of unity the game is using.

That's the one I currently use. I think Xyth is using 2019.2 for his entities though.

Comment

For A18 use 2019.1.14 https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive

Comment

As suggested i'm using unity 2019.1.14, but I am getting the following error (Null Reference Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object) when loading up. Untitled.jpg

Here's my hierarchy in Unity, followed the same pattern as the 7d2d A18 pistol
                  Capture.PNG

And the XML file, used pistol as a base

Capture2.PNG

Help would be appreciated. Thanks !
                  Last edited by Z06Frank; 1 week ago.

Comment

Never mind my previous post got it working as a modlet.

Comment

Working...
                    X