How to get animation working on weapons

Russiandood

Hey fellow mod makers!

I wanted to share something I ran across with animation of weapons.

After some insight on more XML configs that we can use, I found a couple interesting looking tags.

After some trial and error, I excitedly got this to work!

I am sorry if this was already done and a tutorial has been made, I couldn't find one.

Here is the video:

[video=youtube_share;nvvFE82l_zk]

Please let me know if you need any clarification or if you have questions.

I am in no way an expert on this, I just thought I would provide what I found and that it works for me.

I am going to experiment on other tags to see what I can do, but for now, this is what I got!

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Hey fellow mod makers!

I wanted to share something I ran across with animation of weapons.

After some insight on more XML configs that we can use, I found a couple interesting looking tags.

After some trial and error, I excitedly got this to work!

I am sorry if this was already done and a tutorial has been made, I couldn't find one.

Here is the video:

[video=youtube_share;nvvFE82l_zk]

Please let me know if you need any clarification or if you have questions.

I am in no way an expert on this, I just thought I would provide what I found and that it works for me.

I am going to experiment on other tags to see what I can do, but for now, this is what I got!

Thanks!

This was a great tutorial! Easy to understand & so on. One minor "bug" is when the firearm is broken the animations will play while you press the primary action key... I guess it's because it's a bool, not a trigger. I can only say that it looks stupid when spent casings fly out of the gun when it's not even working :D

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

This is awesome. I am adding three guns with a mod and this is definitely going in. Quick question though, do you know the triggered effect for reloads? I have the animation but am not sure where to find the triggered effect. I have been looking through the xml's but haven't seen anything yet.

4 hours ago, xyth said:

Just fyi, this method is very different than how the vanilla game animates guns.  You might want to check out Khaines tutorial found below in this forum on making guns for a better way to do it.

I did see khaines post and it was super helpful. That's why my mods look correct with placement and such. Using the 7dtd weapon prefabs was a super useful idea. I have 3 guns added now. I was going to ask someone to look at my animator and xml code, but come to find out I was looking at to much code last night and misspelled proeprty="shoot" in my triggered effect. So fixed that and all works now. Super awesome. Thanks xyth, russiandood, and khaine.

• 2 months later...
On 8/31/2020 at 8:33 PM, xyth said:

Just fyi, this method is very different than how the vanilla game animates guns.  You might want to check out Khaines tutorial found below in this forum on making guns for a better way to do it.

Hi xyth, are we able to add new hold types now? I just come across your post back in 2018 saying 

But in A17 you will have more handhold flexibility (I'm told)

Really looking forward to import some fantastic animations to this game.

Archived