Prefab Tutorial Series by Not-A-Gamer Gaming

Genosis

Hey guys,

With all the questions about how we did our builds on our channel we decided on a how-to series to direct people to.

We are still picking up pieces here and there but we did our best to lay it out in a lesson format to get people started, or just fill in some blanks. We’re not “the experts”, but we’ve spent a fair bit of time in the editors and want to share what we learned.

Here is a link to the playlist where you can find all the videos in the series.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good videos. Was wondering a few things that I was unable to figure out though:

1 - can you rotate your pasted selections?

2 - I've placed a sleeper volume and quest marker and fetch quest loot in my POI, but the quest marker doesn't show up during the playtest, any idea why?

1. Yes! Pressing X will rotate anything you have selected.

2. Quest markers will appear if you started the quest from the supplied test trader, and if you register quest objectives in the XML file (fetch, clear, cache). I’d suggest looking at another prefab file the fun pimps created (factory_01 for example) and see what tags they include. There are zoning and allowed township flags you may also want to consider if you are looking at including in an RWG map.

Hope that helps!

Yes it does! Didn't realize you actually had to touch the XML to get it working, but it looks like Zoning, Townships, and QuestTags were the missing keys. Thanks!

Quick followup, any idea if maps made with Nitrogen pull from the same POI list as the in-game RWG?

Another quick followup, I placed a Quest Marker in the wrong place, how do I delete it?

^ Figured that one out using the "replace with air" thing

Shift + Left click works too, if I recall. I’ve been trying to replace my wife’s habit of using the dev guns to destroy things since it’s sometimes too destructive lol

- - - Updated - - -

Also, never used Nitrogen but it seems like a pretty sweet tool. May have to look more closely at it :)

I checked the Nitrogen thread, there's a list of POIs in a text file that comes with it, which is how it populates the world. So you need to add in your custom ones. Figured I'd stop by and mention it.

Thanks Axebeard, we recently rerolled our community server and our prefabs showed up great, even the troublesome ones.

izea_map.thumb.jpg.b59e1acccc8039284baa352e7c2727ea.jpg

Archived