Quick Dedicated Server Questions about CompoPack and Mods

AshenTemper

Some versions back, I used to run a small dedicated server and I'm back again. The fun is I've mainly forgotten what I knew before and things have obviously changed (I think my last dedicated was v15 or 16).

I'm looking to mainly run a tweaked Vanilla server to begin with. Here my are questions:

1. I have CompoPack43 on the server; do the clients need this?
  2. I used a few Mods, do these need to be on the client side or only the server:
  3. Packs (Zombies,Animals,Humans)
  4. JaxTeller's Bigger Wandering Hordes
  5. JaxTeller's Charcoal
  6. JaxTeller's Increase WildernessZombiesX5
  7. JaxTeller's ZombieHandAdjustment
  8. TSBX Headshot 100
  9. ZLoot Increase

I'm mainly trying to do it where friends new to 7 Days to Die can join in without showing them how to add Mods (even though it is easy) but give them a bigger experience than the normal one. If these need to all be on the client and server, I can get that done but trying to make it easy.

And sorry for the newbie question, it's been a while (but I'm excited to be back)!

Amy mod that has ANY folder other than /config will require a client install to work correctly.

Prefabs on the server will build, but the clients will get yellow errors and not see distant terrain without a client install.

- - - Updated - - -

Happy hunting.

Thanks, Guppycur! Based on that, looks like I'll have to withgo the "Packs" and Charcoal for now.

Makes sense on the CompoPack. Was wondering since I believe none of them use unique assets, just what is already avail. I'll try it out like this but if it becomes a PITA for them, I'll just add everything back and give them a full client to DL.

Thanks!

I found it easier to zip the client mods in the correct folders, have the clients unzip that into their game folder, so everything was in its place.

...and anyone too tarded to do that, well, they didn't get on my server.

Sounds harsh but you gotta draw a line somewhere.

I found it easier to zip the client mods in the correct folders, have the clients unzip that into their game folder, so everything was in its place.

...and anyone too tarded to do that, well, they didn't get on my server.

Sounds harsh but you gotta draw a line somewhere.

True. Figure once I have them hooked, easier to get them to jump through hoops for something harder and more customized.

Archived