Zombies always know your exact location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Shrimp View Post
    I dont really see zombies as a big threat right now to be honest, that's why I'm so scared that this dramatic change might make them even less of a threat.
    I want to be forced to use my head while building a base, not exploit stairs and trenches and spend the rest of night sitting in a corner not sure what to do.
    If zombies are attracted to light and sound, Can't I just build my base 10 blocks underground or make a really high tower so zombies won't attack me at all?

I like it that zombies attack your base every night, it's pretty much the core of this game and the reason why many people bought it in the first place.
    Daytime looting, nighttime fortifying zombie madness.
    In my opinion this should stay intact and should definitely be improved on otherwise we could end up with an entirely different game.
    The driving goal The Fun Pimps have is to keep you on your toes and to never feel safe. I'm sure however they implement any AI changes, this aspect will be retained and enhanced.

No worries you will die.... good sir... zombies will get ya
    Last edited by Hexxd; 11-01-2013, 07:24 PM. Reason: woops

Comment

I dont really see zombies as a big threat right now to be honest, that's why I'm so scared that this dramatic change might make them even less of a threat.
      I want to be forced to use my head while building a base, not exploit stairs and trenches and spend the rest of night sitting in a corner not sure what to do.
      If zombies are attracted to light and sound, Can't I just build my base 10 blocks underground or make a really high tower so zombies won't attack me at all?

I like it that zombies attack your base every night, it's pretty much the core of this game and the reason why many people bought it in the first place.
      In my opinion this should stay intact and should definitely be improved on otherwise we could end up with an entirely different game.

But ofcourse this is just me being concerned, I love this game so far.
      You could i suppose, but i believe the end game design would have zombies that are able to dig more efficiently and destroy the supports that hold up your structure. The game AI is still in a very early stage. I am sure that it will be developed much further to handle most situations. I don't think there will be many opportunities for you to be bored.

Comment

You really do not need zombies to be able to dig in the end game to make the game a challenge. All you have to do is look at the kickstarter goals and description to know that they are adding in other factors that make the zombies just a third party such as bandits etc. Also you can go watch the walking dead or any of the old Romero zombie flicks and see zombies are stupid and slow but are like ants 1 or 2 isnt a issue dealing with but when they amass you have a serious problem. They can add in disease and make food actually have different values and crops grow much slower and you will be able to force players out of their bunkers and bases to scavenge. Take away the tons of water you get and make people have to purify their water or risk disease and stat loses speed movement etc. Another big thing add sleep requirements to the game where you will pass out of you do not sleep and faint and lose stats etc. Zombies is the theme just like the movies but like in all the movies out there , its hardly ever the zombies that drive out survivors its other people or their basic needs.

Comment

But ofcourse this is just me being concerned, I love this game so far.
          Your concerns aren't stemming from the game, but how you yourself want to play the game.

In alpha 2.0 With the zombies being attracted to sight and sound (attracted to light is something that will come later) it's now possible to venture outside at night instead of being stuck bored as hell in your fortress waiting for daytime to come.

The core gameplay isn't going to be affected in the slightest, since night time is the most boring aspect of this game and a detriment to the fun. In fact, the core gameplay is going to be on a whole other awesome level with the addition of the Hulk and Fly zombies. The Flies, for example, more then likely aren't going to follow the same AI as the zombies. They stated the intention of the Fly was not to be a threat itself, but to annoy the ♥♥♥♥ out of you and force you to draw attention to yourself trying to kill it. They most likely will have an AI that knows your location better then the Hulk or normal zombie.

Imagine you are using the night to fortify your base (which is now possible since there isn't an ocean of zombies with GPS locators implanted in their brains), and a fly or two starts annoying the hell out of you. You keep swinging a weapon at it, to no avail because he's a cheeky bastard, so in frustration you pull out a shotgun and let loose. Now you have an ocean of zombies beating on your front door. Now what if one of those zombies that got attracted to your shotgun was a Hulk? Not only do you have waves of zombies beating on your fortress, they have an easy way inside as your walls start to melt from the Hulk's acid. That's some fun ♥♥♥♥.

Sure, you can still dig a hole, or build a tall ass tower and safely ride out the night since zombies won't automatically know where you are, but that's solely up to you if you want to play the game in the most boring fashion possible.

Comment

The system right now is good with night making loads of zombies come but the annoying part is when the mass of them comes continuously at night without fail I posted a picture earlier and that was the damage of what they've done over 20 days of playing ingame and I'm still amazed how I've survived this long and I've only died once because a zombie spawned inside my place as I was rebuilding a wall and it knocked me into the zombies outside in the chasm at night and I had no materials to build a way out fast.

Comment

If you build in the middle of the big lake... you'll feel safe at all times cuz you don't get massive hordes coming at you, instead, just 1 - 5 zombies per night which is easy to fend off.

I built my base from scratch with reinforced concrete double layered and so far, they haven't even scratched it yet because I also don't use doors which they ignore and go straight to breaking walls... by having them all go through the doorway walking in slowly because of the light... they're easy to kill off.

Comment

Have a curtain of water around your base. 100% impregnable.
                Not a moat but a vertical waterfall. Use a bucket to create!

Have a wall with a overhang at the top.
                Throw the bucket of water at the overhang and ha presto, instant waterfall!

You and zedz seem not to be able to destroy anything covered in water.

Also the zedz tend to get stuck in this so they create a permanent decoration. AAAaa! Zombie art! :>

Comment

I dun care

Comment

Originally posted by Martial-Law View Post
                    Have a curtain of water around your base. 100% impregnable.
                    Not a moat but a vertical waterfall. Use a bucket to create!

Have a wall with a overhang at the top.
                    Throw the bucket of water at the overhang and ha presto, instant waterfall!

You and zedz seem not to be able to destroy anything covered in water.

Also the zedz tend to get stuck in this so they create a permanent decoration. AAAaa! Zombie art! :>
                    I think I'll try that out, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by milton_71 View Post
                      You've probably seen this on the map this area I made it into my main "fort" and as you can see the damage the zombies have done to it.
                      To the left that used to be completely flat and they dug all of that out and they have two tunnels underneath the actual complex which I have to constantly fill in and reinforce.

I'm constantly having to fix EVERYTHING but that makes this game so fun because everything is tense and there isn't many moments where you feel safe.

Eventually its just going to collapse because as a single player I cannot afford to hunt for stuff for repairs, food/water and ammo in the short time you can go outside.

Oh goodness, this was my first place to stay when night fell. My friend got the silly idea to barricade the stairs with Oil Drums.. Needless to say, it went downhill from there.
                      Last edited by Xerxeth; 11-02-2013, 02:51 AM. Reason: Forgot to add quote.

Comment

To all of those concerned about zombies being less of a threat. All I'll say is.. they'll be an actual threat. You will need to watch ALL angles.

Comment

Originally posted by phunkninja View Post
                          To all of those concerned about zombies being less of a threat. All I'll say is.. they'll be an actual threat. You will need to watch ALL angles.
                          guess I better get to work on the concept for super fort 2.0!

Comment

Originally posted by Xerxeth View Post
                            Oh goodness, this was my first place to stay when night fell. My friend got the silly idea to barricade the stairs with Oil Drums.. Needless to say, it went downhill from there.
                            lmao, nice

Originally posted by phunkninja View Post
                            pfft, climbing and flying enemies don't scare me... unless they can spawn in well lit indoor buildings or underground areas, my techniques leave me safe. Though exploring might be a bit more challenging depending on how many flyers there are.
                            Last edited by Fox; 11-02-2013, 03:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cronius77 View Post
                              You really do not need zombies to be able to dig in the end game to make the game a challenge. All you have to do is look at the kickstarter goals and description to know that they are adding in other factors that make the zombies just a third party such as bandits etc. Also you can go watch the walking dead or any of the old Romero zombie flicks and see zombies are stupid and slow but are like ants 1 or 2 isnt a issue dealing with but when they amass you have a serious problem. They can add in disease and make food actually have different values and crops grow much slower and you will be able to force players out of their bunkers and bases to scavenge. Take away the tons of water you get and make people have to purify their water or risk disease and stat loses speed movement etc. Another big thing add sleep requirements to the game where you will pass out of you do not sleep and faint and lose stats etc. Zombies is the theme just like the movies but like in all the movies out there , its hardly ever the zombies that drive out survivors its other people or their basic needs.
                              Yeah I like it that they can dig due to the physics as well.
                              I know my current hideout is going to collapse at some point and I have to be prepared.

Comment

Originally posted by Fox View Post
                                I think I'll try that out, thanks.
                                Take your time doing it Fox...

If you put the water in the wrong place it can be V V V hard to rectify the mistake!

You also need to have a 1 deep trench at the bottom of the waterfall

Link to image of what Im talking about:

http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/...pse6026c50.jpg
                                Last edited by Martial-Law; 11-02-2013, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X