Are vehicles still disappearing?

OnlyMeiya

I had parked a minibike outside a POI on the road, heard an airdrop, B-lined for it without the minibike,(Didnt want to lose airdrop position since the colored smoke doesn't seem to appear anymore) now I don't see the icon for it anymore and I'm pretty sure Im at where I left it.

If its gone, its gone, but if not I'll keep looking, I had a lot of valuable loot in it.

YES!

Yes they are.

Well... more like moved.

I've always found them eventually.

Moved like where? How far? I used to remember they always would bug out into the ground and you would hear the collision sound which would help locate them but the icon is even gone. Ugh

I had parked a minibike outside a POI on the road, heard an airdrop, B-lined for it without the minibike,(Didnt want to lose airdrop position since the colored smoke doesn't seem to appear anymore) now I don't see the icon for it anymore and I'm pretty sure Im at where I left it.

If its gone, its gone, but if not I'll keep looking, I had a lot of valuable loot in it.

They are, I had a minibike and a motorcycle disappear this week. Minibike was my fault, I logged off while on the bike and knew that was an existing bug. Motorcycle was not though. I went to a snow biome to farm surface boulders, bike just disappeared from the map completely and I had to walk back to base and waste 24 more duct tape....

I lost a bicycle in an earlier a17e. I saw it on the map. I noclipped and found it in the sky. In the past, in a16, it was in the ground. lol

- - - Updated - - -

They are, I had a minibike and a motorcycle disappear this week. Minibike was my fault, I logged off while on the bike and knew that was an existing bug. Motorcycle was not though. I went to a snow biome to farm surface boulders, bike just disappeared from the map completely and I had to walk back to base and waste 24 more duct tape....

When that happened to me, I just spawned one from the spawning menu. I've earned it and since the game was bugged I justified "cheating."

Yep.

Lost a bicycle first

then a minibike, (that i found flying on top of the world)

then two motorcycles disappeared when the server crashed -.-

-Edit-

After the MC's disappeared I spawned in two new ones for me and my buddy with SE command, we picked them up and continued to use them for about 14 ingame days.

Now today I made a 4x4 and was driving it around, when suddenly the screen blinks almost like when a chunk would be bad and falling though the world. But the moment after, I was about 100 blocks further down the path, sitting on a Motorcycle (?!?)

Game started nullreffing and I was unable to move, but teleported around a little bit before I ended up under my 4x4 and died.

Restarting the client due to nullref's and unable to respawn, I was placed back on my bedroll. Went out to the Motorcycle I had parked (the one spawned in with SE) and drove to recover my 4x4.

To my suprise there was an Motorcycle standing there, which I picked up, and it had another on the exact same spot. Both were the one's that had disappeared for us earlier. Right down to damage and gas in the tank.

o.O

Moved like where? How far? I used to remember they always would bug out into the ground and you would hear the collision sound which would help locate them but the icon is even gone. Ugh

I wish I knew what was going on here.

The marker on the map shows the original location but when you go there... the vehicle isn't there.

Here's my general experience and you can take from that what you will.

I've often lost vehicles after exploring parts of the map.

Usually a day of looting and such.

I get home and sometimes want to take a break [irl] and save the game.

Come back and vehicle is gone.

I find sometimes when I retrace my steps I'll find the vehicle somewhere where I've been that day.

So....

- Is this a time issue?

If I play too long without a restart is that causing it?

- Is this something to do with exploring new places, generating new chunks?

- Why is it often a place I've been recently that I find the vehicle?

It's almost like a part of that process isn't completely updating.

The map marker moves but the actual vehicle isn't.

Anyway, take from that what you will.

Anyone else seeing the same thing?

I've just lost my 4X4 full of stuff after a day or three of looting, here is what I found in the log :

2019-01-05T01:11:51 268587.970 INF Vehicle vehicle4x4Truck_23340 out of world Kill

Calling Animator.GotoState on Synchronize layer

(Filename: Line: 1352)

Calling Animator.GotoState on Synchronize layer

(Filename: Line: 1352)

2019-01-05T01:12:02 268599.422 INF Time: 4465.98m FPS: 34.13 Heap: 2221.2MB Max: 2221.2MB Chunks: 486 CGO: 24 Ply: 1 Zom: 2 Ent: 3 (135) Items: 4 CO: 1 RSS: 3029.0MB

2019-01-05T01:12:32 268629.426 INF Time: 4466.48m FPS: 34.10 Heap: 2230.8MB Max: 2230.8MB Chunks: 486 CGO: 15 Ply: 1 Zom: 1 Ent: 2 (136) Items: 5 CO: 1 RSS: 3029.2MB

2019-01-05T01:13:02 268659.722 INF Time: 4466.98m FPS: 29.30 Heap: 2187.6MB Max: 2230.8MB Chunks: 486 CGO: 9 Ply: 1 Zom: 0 Ent: 1 (122) Items: 0 CO: 1 RSS: 3033.6MB

InvalidOperationException: HashSet have been modified while it was iterated over

at System.Collections.Generic.HashSet`1+Enumerator[system.Int32].CheckState () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Collections.Generic.HashSet`1+Enumerator[system.Int32].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DecoManager.Write (System.IO.BinaryWriter _bw) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at DecoManager.Save () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at World.SaveDecorations () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.gmUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at GameManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

So its fallen out through the world and the game tried to reposition it at the most relative position it last had know the player was at?

If that's the case remember where you were when the game "Macro stutters" press F1 and see if it saved, and remember where you were?

So its fallen out through the world and the game tried to reposition it at the most relative position it last had know the player was at?

If that's the case remember where you were when the game "Macro stutters" press F1 and see if it saved, and remember where you were?

Or always empty your vehicle and put it in your pocket before saving.

Though that's a hassle.

To disappear completely, the game must actively deleted it. A strange choice by the programmers ...

For the position, it should not be so hard to find "some" position in the world to place it savely without bugging through the terrain.

If it fell though, just place it somewhere nearby ontop of the terrain again... Worst case, turn off the physics, until a user activates it again.

Yup, we lost about half a dozen in A17 (zero previous to that). Mostly in co-op with me hosting the server, and mostly they vanish on logout and are simply not there on logging back in. However we have had one incident where we parked our Jeep, walked 100 yards to do a clear quests and when it was over the Jeep was gone.

In every case, the map marker has also disappeared.

To disappear completely, the game must actively deleted it. A strange choice by the programmers ...

For the position, it should not be so hard to find "some" position in the world to place it savely without bugging through the terrain.

If it fell though, just place it somewhere nearby ontop of the terrain again... Worst case, turn off the physics, until a user activates it again.

on our Server is Vehicles get lost the Output Logfile always show stuff like

2019-01-05T15:13:38 138.324 INF Vehicle vehicleGyrocopter_133119 out of world Kill

as message.

Its hard to believe its impossible for the Devs to add some sort of Rescue Function so if a Item is out of the World it gets send to Inventory of the Owner or fix this Issue how long does it happen now? Since they added the Minibike and still no fix .

Archived