The big crying thread for 17.2 Economy

Royal Deluxe

Understand me right, most of my gameplays relie very strong on the traders, so this change hits me really really hard.

On the other hand i guess it was necessary to nerf the trader, i mean i had 502 000 Coins i couldnt spend arround level 30-40 (more or less vanilla) a few games ago. (I restart often)

But its still

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c5ef3e8717853484523a1cf

Understand me right, most of my gameplays relie very strong on the traders, so this change hits me really really hard.

On the other hand i guess it was necessary to nerf the trader, i mean i had 502 000 Coins i couldnt spend arround level 30-40 (more or less vanilla) a few games ago. (I restart often)

But its still

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c5ef3e8717853484523a1cf

Yeah, I agree with you, but you don't need to nerf it to the ground.

For the moment i spend the first few days by disassembling cars.

The question is how far this will work. Vanilla there is no respawn for cars.

At least it fills my belly and i guess i can pay 1-2 decent tools/weapons at end of week 1.

The bad is that i have no idea when the random horde will hit me after day 7. So i cant focus enough on making money.

I guess the real crying starts when i cant buy a Q5 or Q6 auger in the second week if a trader offers one.

And i have luck, i had many cars near my gamestart, without i guess it is really hard if all you can sell are iron clubs. Thats not even enough for food

I'm sorry but this is a survival game, not a shopping simulator. Looting and manufacturing should always be the defaults, with trading a distant third.

I guess its both. In a world with traders they are part of the survival.

The question is how people perceive the changes and as result how we can improve it

I'm sorry but this is a survival game, not a shopping simulator. Looting and manufacturing should always be the defaults, with trading a distant third.

Seeming every new version has had tweeks and changes to traders/economy, and the devs made a thread to get feedback on trader balance not long ago seems to me economy/trading is important to them. Looting has taken a hit, and is not as amazing as it once was. (its no longer required, no recipe books, nothing you can only loot and not craft, rarer high quality)

With additions of quests, and eventually factions and NPCs I feel like traders will become a huge center piece, and looting will be mainly just for those rare legendary items we have yet to see (unless they fix things and give looting more purpose again)

Manufacturing? for what purpose? the only things you need to craft in high numbers is ammo and building supplies. If you are manufacturing anything else its... here it comes.. to sell to trader.

The game is a survival game, true. With RPG, tower defense, fps, horror, a lot of elements from all kinds of genres. People who dont like trading can simply not trade. Balance of it shouldn't concern them in any way.

No it doesn't. Are the prices cheap, and is there still a lot of food in the machines. The number of machines around you is irrelevant to the question.

I needed 3-4 Machines to get the food i needed in my current 4 days @90 Minute game

Without harvesting cars my money would maybe not enough

I needed 3-4 Machines to get the food i needed in my current 4 days @90 Minute game

Without harvesting cars my money would maybe not enough

o.O Animals and eggs are plentiful... I havent even needed to open a vending machine. 1 hour days, day 3 5 extra bacon and eggs and 80 meat. Only using a couple bacon and eggs per day. (The trader even had 30 meat that I didnt even consider buying, no need for it) Hunger is to the point where it might as well not even be in, in needs to be harder, not easier imho

But not less animals, maybe more of a threat from animals. They are the only real threat out in the open so i dont want less of them thats for sure.

Yeaa, still the same thing

30 Threads about 30 Issues and in all 30 Threads the answer is "Just spend 1-3 Skillpoints"

For me it would be silly to spend a skillpoint i never again use after the first week.

1077 Hours A17, and i cooked arround a half dozend Bacon and eggs

That makes absolutely no sense to me. First point in cooking lets you make teas, coffee, bacon an eggs. Something you can use the entire playthrough. It is the single most cost effective 1 skill point you can spend. Bacon and eggs is a huge jump up from charred meat. And all you need to survive forever without spending any dukes. (which you will need for other things now that its not OP)

Archived