Loot Abundance

Crater Creator

I know it's come up before, but a lot has changed and I want to be sure I have this right for the current build (Alpha 17.2). Some loot containers, like dropped loot backpacks, are set to a minimum count of 1. That means under default rules, they're guaranteed to have something inside. But if I play with a loot abundance setting that's below 100%, is it intended that some of them are empty?

Yes, that sounds logical since you can not get a fraction of a hardening hoe.

So what being said here is that if the chance for loot determines that a container has 1 piece of loot in it, the loot abundance percentage will always remove it if its set below 100%. No fractions, ok.

• 11 months later...

A18 is easy mode - you’re literally swamped with loot in one or two days

How hasn’t this been fixed? There were previous loot tables that were actually good

Like in the best version so far, A16 - I don’t see how the devs don’t think it’s currently just WAY too much loot

Hi,

Has anything changed on loot abundance in A18.3?

How dose it work? I started a new game with loot at 25, and i can t find anything in crates/bags/etc...

Nothing has changed AFAIK, at least if we talk about intentional changes. if a crate had 100% chance for an item, with your setting only 1 in 4 crates would have anything in it.

Now there are a lot of bags in the game that even at 100% loot abundance are often empty. If such a bag has loot only in 1/3 of all cases (for example), in your case you would find something only in every 12th bag. That would feel like almost never.

I’ve been playing with the 33% loot setting and like it.

We turn loot down and turn off respawn and that helps a lot. Once you loot that Crack A Book, there will never be a book there again so you'd better find a new one.

If we really want a challenge we don't do any quests, so we neither have quest loot nor do POIs ever respawn. You have to keep going farther and farther away to get anything.

A18 is easy mode - you’re literally swamped with loot in one or two days

How hasn’t this been fixed? There were previous loot tables that were actually good

Like in the best version so far, A16 - I don’t see how the devs don’t think it’s currently just WAY too much loot

Swimming in loot? Sure i play 100% loot and raided quite a few POIs through quests and stuff, but i gathered all my stuff throughout a big range of days.

- If I Remember Well, i used the traders forge for up to 2 weeks, until i found its schema...

- IIRW, i did find a L2 Machete "somewhat" early, but i still had to wait until many days later until i found my trusty L5...

- IIRW, perhaps i did find Crucibles at the trader to buy in the past, but the first one i bought was at around day 52 (perhaps i didn't have cash earlier or decided to buy different things) and i still need to find the schematic for it... (closing in on day 58)

- IIRW, sure i got a pistol (AGI build) pretty fast, but many useful mods i accumulated over the many days inbetween, as well as a higher level pistol...

- IIRW, i found Military Boots recently (used quite good L3 Leather Boots for a while), but still equipped in found L4 Padded Chest Armor, L3 Padded Glove Armor and a L6 Steel Helmet (had some kinda different before). So i am still waiting for better Light Armor (although the boots are great so far) to be found...

If you mean resources, then yes, i'm swimming in it, but it's due to me gathering every little thing and hauling it back to base.

Archived