Good random map seeds for A18?

tenleehk

Many random map seeds have "bedrock" issue right now. Any one can provide a good seed for us? Many thanks!:fat:

Same here. Just want a seed that is playable. I have tried 8 worlds so far. All with rows of ditches to varying depths.

Finally got one playable map. 4k size "Hong Kong". The hill looks strange but it should be playable.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29315[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29316[/ATTACH]

The landscape of this seed is so ugly...... Any one got a good seed with regular hill look?

Seed Advice

i have generated a few seeds now but they all seem very block i.e strip of wastland then a strip below of Snow then below is Forset - they are all strips not random Bio's

Should they not be more little bits here and there of different bio's ?

For all poor AMD users: I generated some 8K random maps in my NVIDIA GPU Laptop and uploaded them to google drive. Just download the RAR file and unzip it to "C:\Users\<Your windows login>\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\GeneratedWorlds", then you can use those random maps in you game!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=161dUXCto7glTFsYLyjOeqf8M-U7Yc-93

West Wukoje Territory <- "Hong Kong" Seed 8K Map

New Betivu Valley <- "Kowloon" Seed 8K Map

South Mifau County <- "Tuen Mun" Seed 8K Map

East Robopa County <- "Yuen Long" Seed 8K Map

West Yajire Territory <- "Sha Tin" Seed 8K Map

North Huxixi Mountains <- "Tsuen Wan" Seed 8K Map

For all poor AMD users: I generated some 8K random maps in my NVIDIA GPU Laptop and uploaded them to google drive. Just download the RAR file and unzip it to "C:\Users\<Your windows login>\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\GeneratedWorlds", then you can use those random maps in you game!

West Wukoje Territory.rar <- "Hong Kong" Seed 8K Map

Ty so much. Downloaded the Hong Kong one

West Wukoje Territory <- "Hong Kong" Seed 8K Map

West Yajire Territory <- "Sha Tin" Seed 8K Map

North Huxixi Mountains <- "Tsuen Wan" Seed 8K Map

Got some pictures of the maps too?

And uhm... maybe a stupid question, but when you generate a map, do lyou get the exact map shown in the generator, down to the last gravelroad?

Breaking the pattern

Running some maps to see what generates for 8K maps. Seeing a pattern but some produce some more interesting maps.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29361[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29362[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29363[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29367[/ATTACH]

Has anyone been able to generate a seed that does not follow this biome pattern. Snow in one corner, forest wrapped around the snow, and then wasteland and burned forest in the other corners? Every map i have generated follows this pattern. I would also like to know if anyone has found a stretch of flat land that is not in or around a town. Every map that i have explored has no flat ground for building unless you are in or around a generated town.

generated maps :)

Has anyone been able to generate a seed that does not follow this biome pattern. Snow in one corner, forest wrapped around the snow, and then wasteland and burned forest in the other corners? Every map i have generated follows this pattern. I would also like to know if anyone has found a stretch of flat land that is not in or around a town. Every map that i have explored has no flat ground for building unless you are in or around a generated town.

Just use nitrogen>>>> https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?114207-Tool-NITROGEN-a-random-world-generator-for-7DtD<<<<< Tons of options to make your own maps and as a bonus its generated outside the game with way nicer looking roads its not difficult at all so try it out. After i tryed this i never used the standard rwg ingame anymore. Besides if your good with pc stuff you can even make your own hight map and also inport a real world map to play on(if you find out how and can make a step by step guide please show me that i would love to play on a map made from a region that i went to when i was young in Switzerland).

If you dont understand why some stuff happens jusk ask me i fiddled around with the options but one tip turn smoothing all the way up to max(otherwise hills are to pointy to drive on)and also add burned and wasteland otherwise you wont have that at all. Ow and put visious cracks off unless you want to find yourself in a map with cracks that are no fun to crawl out of.

I hope this helped anyone a tiny bit :)

I had a huge flat area of woodland north of the main town areas on my first map.

3 towns near 2 traders so I didnt do much exploring till day 18 and then discovered the Ice Wall covering the whole of the North , no towns no buildings.

Just needed White Walkers.

Not liking this Random gen map maker.

We've been playing on a custom 12K Nitrogen map since day 1 of A18. It's been working nice. I went with "Smoother", and thinking I should have gone with the max. I like the terrain generation of the built-in RWG generator in regards to water layout and general mountain work a bit more than Nitrogen, but the ability to control city generation and biomes is so much better than vanilla RWG in my opinion. Make sure you are using the A18 Nitrogen map maker, not the A17 version as it has all the POI's in it (excluding the mine, etc).

Nitrogen works for A18 already (v 0.410 currently) if you want to try it out. But not final, as Im still tweaking some things.

-> A18 version:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?114207-Tool-NITROGEN-a-random-world-generator-for-7DtD

All new normal POIs are added. (apart from very specific elements for Navezgane, that only work when handplaced).

Nitrogen works for A18 already (v 0.410 currently) if you want to try it out. But not final, as Im still tweaking some things.

-> A18 version:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?114207-Tool-NITROGEN-a-random-world-generator-for-7DtD

All new normal POIs are added. (apart from very specific elements for Navezgane, that only work when handplaced).

Thank you for your amazing tool....downloading now :)

Just use nitrogen>>>> https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?114207-Tool-NITROGEN-a-random-world-generator-for-7DtD<<<<< Tons of options to make your own maps and as a bonus its generated outside the game with way nicer looking roads its not difficult at all so try it out. After i tryed this i never used the standard rwg ingame anymore. Besides if your good with pc stuff you can even make your own hight map and also inport a real world map to play on(if you find out how and can make a step by step guide please show me that i would love to play on a map made from a region that i went to when i was young in Switzerland).

If you dont understand why some stuff happens jusk ask me i fiddled around with the options but one tip turn smoothing all the way up to max(otherwise hills are to pointy to drive on)and also add burned and wasteland otherwise you wont have that at all. Ow and put visious cracks off unless you want to find yourself in a map with cracks that are no fun to crawl out of.

I hope this helped anyone a tiny bit :)

Can you explain how to work this...I'm confused on how to get this into the game :/

Archived