They broke the hatch elevator I see

R0bb0b

The reason it was removed was that bug was how zombies could push thru shut doors, iron bars and such, it relied on the same bug that allowed hatch elevators to work. It was more of a side effect of fixing the zombies passing thru blocks bug thats been around for ages. Not going to lie though I really miss my hatchevators I loved those things for entrances to my base.

Right, I can appreciate that it was an exploit, but it was useful, so give us a simple elevator we can craft instead please.

I wouldn't mind seeing one but I hope it's nothing like the hatch elevators that were basically a get out of jail free card. I think vs hatch elevators, the bridges they have in game now (powered and not) are better solutions because you have to design aspects of your base around them. With the elevators it was too little effort in my opinion.

I know we don't all play the same way but I enjoy things that make me think in this game, design at home and tactics at POI's, and too much 'powered' stuff will eventually create an OP base for even the worst of players. More than that I enjoy the fact that it gives me legitimate things to do with my in-game time. I have a long attention span for this game but a short attention span for each world.

I used the hatch elevators myself too because if something exists that I know is easier my brain compels me to use it but at the same time I hoped they'd do something about it. The semi-good news here for everyone in A18 is that ladder movement is no longer tedious, you can sprint really fast up them. It makes vertical movement in a vertically oriented base design palatable in a post-hatch world.

I wouldn't mind seeing one but I hope it's nothing like the hatch elevators that were basically a get out of jail free card. I think vs hatch elevators, the bridges they have in game now (powered and not) are better solutions because you have to design aspects of your base around them. With the elevators it was too little effort in my opinion.

I know we don't all play the same way but I enjoy things that make me think in this game, design at home and tactics at POI's, and too much 'powered' stuff will eventually create an OP base for even the worst of players. More than that I enjoy the fact that it gives me legitimate things to do with my in-game time. I have a long attention span for this game but a short attention span for each world.

I used the hatch elevators myself too because if something exists that I know is easier my brain compels me to use it but at the same time I hoped they'd do something about it. The semi-good news here for everyone in A18 is that ladder movement is no longer tedious, you can sprint really fast up them. It makes vertical movement in a vertically oriented base design palatable in a post-hatch world.

Yeah I noticed the ladder vertical movement to be much faster as well, still no hatchevator but it'll work.

Yeah I noticed the ladder vertical movement to be much faster as well, still no hatchevator but it'll work.

I used it for my deep mining shafts to bedrock. So much easier to get back up with a hatchevator than to climb a long ladder. The faster ladder speeds are an improvement, but not the same. An elevator replacement would be nice, but if not, I will get over it.

It was useful. We can build a flying machine, but we can't build a simple elevator? Just need a winch, cable, pulleys and platform.

Exploits usually they are useful you know... they allow you to easily do something you weren't meant to do at all.

That's why they are called exploits and bugs and not, you know, features.

But yeah, I'd LOVE to see elevators and overall more electrical stuff. Electricity is extremely basic and under developed.

I do hope once vehicles and mods in A19 are done, next electricity will get proper love it deserves. More efficient electrical craft stations would go a long way alone.

• 5 months later...

I have a new hatch elevator and it is functional and full vanilla. But there are some side effects, sometimes the charater can be stuck inside the wall. My base have one elevator with 50 blocks tall and I used that a hundred of times with 5% of failure.

Maybe I can post a vídeo to teach you.

How about a hamster wheel that requires we catch a wolf to spin it in order to raise the elevator? ?

Actually, zombie power could add a new level of strategy to the game. At first you're opportunistically capturing stragglers during the safety of the day; eventually, you're designing your base to capture zeds en masse during horde night. :lever:

Archived