Anyone else think this version is a big pile of stinking Krap?

Retiredbart

1) Elevators gone.

2) Book... Books books... i want to build and kill i dont want to read 7 books and a full page.. oh wait.. there are 2 hidden on the 2nd page.. TO MANY GOD BLESSED BOOKS!!

3) Note #2, Let me pick what i want to learn. like in 17V

4) Storage.. Remove the brown piece of krap box and put the larger square ones back!!

5) Transport speeds.... OMFG the dam bike is faster than the truck!... and the Gyro is SLOWER than the truck. It take 50 min to make a truck Chassis.. but only 3 min to but the ENTIRE TRUCK together.

6) Ore colors and bottom of the world color. Need a better distinction between these... Ever see Coal in real life..ITS BLACK! VERY BLACK..

I have 5000+ hrs playing this game. I FREAKEN LOVE THIS GAME... or the old version.. Why don't you just fix glitches in 17. call it a game and Move on!

Are you complaining about ore colors now that we can finally distinguish them? Im not sure about the 2 specific ones you are talking about, but refering specifically to this version when complaining about ore colors makes no sense. They finally made mining awesome.

1) Elevators gone.

2) Book... Books books... i want to build and kill i dont want to read 7 books and a full page.. oh wait.. there are 2 hidden on the 2nd page.. TO MANY GOD BLESSED BOOKS!!

4) Storage.. Remove the brown piece of krap box and put the larger square ones back!!

5) Transport speeds.... OMFG the dam bike is faster than the truck!... and the Gyro is SLOWER than the truck. It take 50 min to make a truck Chassis.. but only 3 min to but the ENTIRE TRUCK together.

6) Ore colors and bottom of the world color. Need a better distinction between these... Ever see Coal in real life..ITS BLACK! VERY BLACK..

I have 5000+ hrs playing this game. I FREAKEN LOVE THIS GAME... or the old version.. Why don't you just fix glitches in 17. call it a game and Move on!

Actually I really like this Alpha... it has some problems... but on the whole they fixed the most glaring issues.

1. they fixed an exploit. But a real elevator would be nice.

2. YES! Finally a reason to loot again! Isn't it great? ^^

3. Can't you? I can freely pick what I want to learn. And because levelgates are gone, I can pick it even more freely.

4. Huh? I can still see the "square ones". No idea what you mean.

5. Well I tend to agree with you here. Vehicles are mostly used for speedy travel. But the devs think more storage is where its at and therefor reduce their speed. WE WANT FAST VEHICLES! At least the motorbike should be fast.

6. true. A bit darker/more varied wouldn't hurt sometimes. But its not THAT big of an issue.

Huh... I said the same for A17. Now I feel its finally playable again. Guess that is just down to taste. (no its not :D A17 was a broken, jumbled up mess with no coherence or balancing bad rwg and no reason to loot. Not to mention the gps zombies :D)

#1. Exploit. Gone.

#2. Soooo much exploration.

#3. A17 was mediocre at best, especially with level gates. It was a good starting point, on which A18 flourishes.

#4 - Craft wooden furniture blocks, press and hold R (Reload button) to open up the radial menu and choose the multiblock menu. There you will find (just like for frames and other furniture blocks) many things you can place down.

#5. Complains... Complains... Change the XMLs to your benefit if it bothers you so much or invest into skills that cut down the crafting time.

#6. It's not game breaking. Address it calmly and perhaps with enough people supporting it they will change it somewhat.

No sense in being over emotional about things...

1) Elevators gone.

1) it was a bug that finally got fixed. Don't complain about other bugs if you don't want bugs fixed. They was talk about them working on an actual elevator of some kind so maybe we will get one soon.

2) chill, no need to get your blood pressure up it is just books. Books was a thing back several alphas ago and a lot of people been wanting them back. It is good that they got them back in my opinion and hopefully once they get things balanced out more they will fill even better.

3) why can't you? It isn't level locked anymore in a way at least. Sure some stuff you gotta get x amount of points for that only comes with leveling up before buying into something but at least now you don't spend x amount of points to unlock something but then you have to wait to be a specific level to use it. Some more balancing with the way they have it will become even better then the way it is. They have already changed some stuff for it so give it time. See how it plays out.

4) it still in game. Try making wooden storage/furniture and then put it in hands and push R to open up a menu with a lot more shapes and items. Hold R to go to it as well and to pull up advance rotation and such.

5) this has always been an issue and will hopefully get worked out soon. Guess everyone is different but I would say this is at the bottom of the list of things to get worked on. But again just my opinion.

6) ore looks a lot better now. Is it perfect? No but this is definitely not something that I would say is a must to get fixed. Mining to me now is a lot better then it was. Sure I miss just digging and getting excited to fine ore when I came across if I didn't miss it because it was harder to see. But it took a lot of time as well. Now I can go mining for what I want and need then get back to it.

I love the game as well and have lots of hours. Why be in a rush to move on? We keep getting more updates as it is. Once it is done not so much. Besides it is alpha don't be like TT and see a finished game before it is actually finished. They have more things they want to do and they are more then welcome to do those things as it is their game. Anyway besides a few unbalanced things a lot of us are having fun and enjoying the way it is shaping into. You don't like this update but A17. I didn't care at all for A17. If they go a direction I don't enjoy I will move on because they can't and not going to please everyone.

Sorry OP, but A18 rocks, and beats all prior Alphas into a bloody stain on the floor.

A shame you're not enjoying it, but A18 is where I found I can really see TFP's vision coming together for making a great game in all aspects, where previous Alphas had some elements of hit and miss to them.

Are you complaining about ore colors now that we can finally distinguish them? Im not sure about the 2 specific ones you are talking about, but refering specifically to this version when complaining about ore colors makes no sense. They finally made mining awesome.

NO. They finally forced mining onto players who absolutely did not want to go mining. Ever.

Pretty much ruins the game for me. I tried really hard to come to terms with surface boulders no longer giving Ores and Nitrate, but I just can't. It has reduced my will to play the game to more or less zero. Mining, the way you need to do it now in A18 is BORING AS ALL HELL compared to surface boulder mining in all previous alphas. Since I am our group's miner, I need to mine for about 3 days in every 7 to keep the rest in gunpowder, and the simple fact is that I can no longer stand doing this in A18 as it is an uneventful borefest.

NO. They finally forced mining onto players who absolutely did not want to go mining. Ever.

Pretty much ruins the game for me. I tried really hard to come to terms with surface boulders no longer giving Ores and Nitrate, but I just can't. It has reduced my will to play the game to more or less zero. Mining, the way you need to do it now in A18 is BORING AS ALL HELL compared to surface boulder mining in all previous alphas. Since I am our group's miner, I need to mine for about 3 days in every 7 to keep the rest in gunpowder, and the simple fact is that I can no longer stand doing this in A18 as it is an uneventful borefest.

I'm wondering what you are doing that you are having so much problem with mining. A18 has made mining so easy that I wish they would increase the difficulty somehow. I can go mining for a little bit and come back with almost 100,000 ore just from one vein. Now that they changed the surface ore to lead directly to a MASSIVE vein it is so easy that it borders on pointless lol.

Sorry OP, but A18 rocks, and beats all prior Alphas into a bloody stain on the floor.

This is subjective. There is a lot to like in A18. but for certain players (such as me!) there are massive negatives. The mining issue for one thing, see comment above. But another major one is the ridiculous GS scaling for multi-player. Solo play is now absolutely the EASY mode in A18, and multiplayer is now hard mode. Talk about role reversal? Was never this way. Since I play 80% co-op, this is proving horrible. Example:

2 player co-op: each player has gamestage 100. Net MP GS = 320.

Notice the problem? If I play solo with my char, my gamestage is 100. If my friend jumps in, our GS becomes 320. This is ridiculous and means we are using all our ammo on horde night to fight a simply monstrous horde with multiple demolishers. This as day 21. Yes we lost our base. We have never lost our base before.

In order to enjoy A18 we are having to set difficulty to Warrior or above (just so there are actually zombies in the world ?!?!), except on horde night when we need to drop it to default just to have a chance against the horde.

Compare to my parallel solo play-through on Warrior, which is a walk in the park in comparison. Very very easy mode.

This is the first alpha that I have literally stopped mid game and just said " I have no reason to keep playing" you can tout how high and mighty this alpha is, but if this is TFP vision, then they have visions of garbage.

Recent steam reviews reflect this pretty well also

I'm wondering what you are doing that you are having so much problem with mining. A18 has made mining so easy that I wish they would increase the difficulty somehow. I can go mining for a little bit and come back with almost 100,000 ore just from one vein. Now that they changed the surface ore to lead directly to a MASSIVE vein it is so easy that it borders on pointless lol.

I never said A18 mining was hard, I said it was utterly BORING.

And while you are correct that A18 mining now yields more ore per hour than surface boulders ever did, the consumption of that ore has massively increased as well (at least in multiplayer - you need a LOT more ammo now) so this is cancelled out.

This is the first alpha that I have literally stopped mid game and just said " I have no reason to keep playing"

My experience is the exact same. Never happened before. I always look forward to every alpha and get right back into the game for many hundreds of hours when a new one drops. This one.....nope.

1) Elevators gone.

1) Bug fixed, yay!

2) Disagree hard. LOVE the books and schematics.

3) A18 has more freedom than A17 - no level gates. You may not like the attribute/perk system, but your specific complaint doesn't really make sense.

4) They are still there...

5) Agreed. Vehicles are slow, but luckily modding them faster takes 30 seconds.

6) Seriously bro?

Loving this version so far. Much much better than A17 which I could only get into modded. I love that exploring is useful again.

This pretty much, though I do feel the stat system needs to go and they need to go back to a learn by doing system for weapons, mining, armor use and atlethics, and medicine, but not for crafting just have those be perks, kinda like the darkness falls mod in a17.4 the stats are gone entirely and its a much better game. I feel it was a really dumb choice to lock weapons to certan stats.

My experience is the exact same. Never happened before. I always look forward to every alpha and get right back into the game for many hundreds of hours when a new one drops. This one.....nope.

Why? Mining is TONS easier now when you know where the resources are. I collected 10 stacks of iron + 6 stacks of nitrate just in 10 hours mining using an auger. At that site there is still tons of iron/nitrate laying around. At another site I collected 4 stacks of coal in a few hours. You said mining was boring before and that you preferred going around mining the surface boulder. I think traveling around just to find surface boulders is WAY more boring (takes longer) then staying in one spot and mining. You get way more resources through mining.

Changes to schematics make looting more fun now and encourages exploration. The new perks are pretty amazing as well.

The only complaint I have about A18 is the wonky melee. It's a hit-and-miss even though you appear to be on target.

Are you complaining because now MP isn't as easy anymore? Now you have to use more bullets? How about using traps, turrets, grenades, explosives, etc. Or how about using tactics/strategies? I found the molotov, pipe bombs and grenades are very useful. Learn how to group them up and aoe them. Then finish them off with bullets. If your base is being destroyed easily it means you're relying on your previous A17 knowledge. A18 is a whole another ballgame and you should adjust/adapt accordingly.

Sorry your argument of A18 sucks because they removed surface boulders as a source of resources and made MP harder isn't convincing.

Since I am our group's miner, I need to mine for about 3 days in every 7 to keep the rest in gunpowder

- If you don't like mining, maybe you shouldn't be the miner in your group?!?

- If you need to mine 3/7 of your time just for gunpowder, you either haven't picked suitable talents or your group is wasting way too much ammo.

Easy fix: Anyone who wants to use automatic weapons outside of bloodmoon night has to mine on all other nights.

This is subjective. There is a lot to like in A18. but for certain players (such as me!) there are massive negatives. The mining issue for one thing, see comment above. But another major one is the ridiculous GS scaling for multi-player. Solo play is now absolutely the EASY mode in A18, and multiplayer is now hard mode. Talk about role reversal? Was never this way. Since I play 80% co-op, this is proving horrible. Example:

2 player co-op: each player has gamestage 100. Net MP GS = 320.

Notice the problem? If I play solo with my char, my gamestage is 100. If my friend jumps in, our GS becomes 320. This is ridiculous and means we are using all our ammo on horde night to fight a simply monstrous horde with multiple demolishers. This as day 21. Yes we lost our base. We have never lost our base before.

In order to enjoy A18 we are having to set difficulty to Warrior or above (just so there are actually zombies in the world ?!?!), except on horde night when we need to drop it to default just to have a chance against the horde.

Compare to my parallel solo play-through on Warrior, which is a walk in the park in comparison. Very very easy mode.

Of course! it's subjective. How could liking or not liking something be anything other than subjective??????

If you're the groups miner then I'm pretty surprised that you don't like A18 mining, as others have noted, if there's anything wrong with it at all it's that it's too easy now.

That however, is a balance thing only, TFP can fine tune it, and that by the way is the answer to the MP GS issue you're describing - if TFP agrees it's scaling too fast, they can tone it back some. We're still in experimental, so it is only natural, damn near inevitable in fact, that we have balance issues at the moment.

The game play, the mechanics, the systems themselves however, are, imho (of course!) the best its ever been, bar none.

If mining were such an issue too, if you claim to be the groups miner but only ever want to "mine" surface boulders, you could easily edit the XML's to have them drop whatever quantities of ores you feel are right for you, but mining has never been easier than it is now, with the possible exception of A13 (I think it was) where any vein, anywhere, was massive and contained every ore possible.

with the possible exception of A13 (I think it was) where any vein, anywhere, was massive and contained every ore possible.

Not hating on anyone, but wow that sounds like bad game design. :D

I started in A15 and I had something similar. It was my first game after I learned forges are a thing. So I played on 120 hour days, because I still felt slow af. I guess it was around day 21 when I found a promising iron vein. Soon it was interwoven with all the other ores. It lasted until I stopped playing that particular game what was at day 140 or something like that. It probably just were multiple veins with too little distance to each other to distinct.

Running is no longer a giant chore. It feels to me like they have got the stamina balance just perfect.

Leveling up take a lot longer.. Awesome! Power leveling makes a game boring real quick.

Graphics... Nice!

Best of all .. it just plain works. The menus transition faster. The interface is more responsive. RWG map panning is much much better. Looks like some optimization kicked in.

Running is no longer a giant chore. It feels to me like they have got the stamina balance just perfect.

Leveling up take a lot longer.. Awesome! Power leveling makes a game boring real quick.

Graphics... Nice!

Best of all .. it just plain works. The menus transition faster. The interface is more responsive. RWG map panning is much much better. Looks like some optimization kicked in.

Yep, it really is an impressive leap forward from a17. I greatly disliked a17. A18 is a very nice change, cant wait to see how stable and then a19 will improve upon this.

Archived