I love punching zombies...

ubai

Yeah brawler is seriously challenging machete for my fav melee build. If they can somehow fit in an uppercut, jab jab hook jab BAM uppercut knocks them down and out :)

I'd like brawling if it was actually effective early game above adventurer difficulty, on warrior it takes SO many hits to kill anything with the first brawling weapon you can get.

With it being so risky early game a block would really fit into the build and make it even more dynamic. Nothing overpowered but just to reduce the damage taken.

It is brutal early on and can get pretty ugly even later. I took up brawling this run just for the challenge and it has been rough even with 3 points in the skill and level 6 steel handbladeknuckles. Hitting their head that is weaving around while they slam on you is a lot harder than standing back 2 or 3 squares and just poking at them with a spear or lining up a single killshot with a sledge. I have gone through 10X the med supplies to keep me going (with points into the health skill even) and have to get rid of an infection at least once a night if not more. Which is good because any time I ran with spear or sledge I almost NEVER got infected, like ever. The "no infection thanks to headshots" skill does not do enough when you have to literally get in the zeds face to even hit them. I'm actually running out of stamina way more often than I ever did with a sledge, which is silly. I have to switch to heavy armor to survive the face to face fighting. Stealth kills are almost impossible since you have to practically touch a sleeper to head shot them.

Like I said, it's a challenge. Sledgehammer is easy mode by comparison, especially against groups. If yall are having such an easy time killing and never getting hit then maybe its just my difficulty level. But for me it feels like I am trading blows until I have to run away. Things might get easier if I find another knock down mod. Don't know.

I do like randomly exploding heads though. Thats nice.

I love the brawler tree on nomad so far, found a weighted head mod (higher stagger/knockdown chance) which slots well into my iron knuckles (haven't found steel ones yet) along with a fortifying hand grip (heal 1 every 5 sec if under 1/2 HP) its a challenge, but a fun one

Yeah brawler is seriously challenging machete for my fav melee build. If they can somehow fit in an uppercut, jab jab hook jab BAM uppercut knocks them down and out :)

With it being so risky early game a block would really fit into the build and make it even more dynamic. Nothing overpowered but just to reduce the damage taken.

Omg......uppercuts need to be the power attack!!!!

Omg......uppercuts need to be the power attack!!!!

Honestly brawling needs its own old school 70's karate magazine perk/skill/zine tree you can find that activates when you find its magazines. Add some interesting moves when you do Hand To Hand attacks only, maybe even speed/damage bonus for not using any knuckles, add an occasional random roundhouse kick that knocks down everything in the area around you.

AnD, if you get all 7 magazines....you get the last skill....Player-Crafted-Stainless-Steel-Bruce-Lee-NUN-CHUCKS. Complete with added Bruce Lee noises as you use them. I could make a whole 7 skill perk tree with old 70's Karate magazine hillarity.

Magazine #3: "Monkey Steals the Peach", Crotch shots on male zombies causes instant knockdown for 1 hit only.

MSP.jpg.044a967ef4f4c51b9baba9ab673fec13.jpg

Magazine #4: "Channel Bruce Lee", 10% chance when attacked, block attack and counter with instant punch punctuated by screaming "Hiiyaaa" noise.

Jump on a fallen zeds head for good chance of taking their head clean off, all kinds of fun stuff you can do with old school 70's-80's karate magazines. I mean it's endless. Go full Hokuto No Ken with it if we can. Get stuck fighting a cop zombie and break out the 100 cracks fist of the north star for the next 30 seconds while every zed and player in the area stops in its tracks, frozen...in Awe.

I mentioned this on a youtubers channel, they really need to switch the brawler power attack from the right cross to either a hammerfist or an uppercut XD (both of which make more sense for knocking down vs the cross punch) hammerfist from above slams the top of the skull into the bottom due to huge downward force (breaks teeth) and the uppercut is the same but upwards

Archived