Oh I really like this in B155 for A18

Scyris

New Conversations

Brad: “Hey Joe, anything of interest in that room?

Joe: “Yeah, a chemistry station!”

Brad: “Awesome!”

Joe: “Crap! It’s a working one!!!!”

This is quite valid...with no way to move POI workstations, and destroyed stations now possibly teaching you how to make workstations, finding a working one in a distant POI is actually LESS desirable. #unexpectedresults

Now i'm well aware that RNG can screw anyone, at any time....but this feels like it weakens the engineering skill line in intellect. Maybe boost the craft speed/cost reduction of those skills to compensate? Make those skills less about getting the ability to craft the workstations and more about workstation crafting efficiency.

Here's an idea that everyone will absolutely love: why not introduce "Forge Parts", "Workbench Parts", "Chem Station parts", etc. and have the destroyed stations include a few of those in the loot? Then when you collect enough...

...why are you all looking at me like that? And why is that guy holding a baseball bat? Hey, back off buddy...personal space!

<runs from thread>

We went from level gates to you can have everything by day 7. It's day 7 and I have a forge, cement mixer, workbench and science station in my base.

I don't know if that's good or bad?

RNG is always going to be RNG.

On my playthrough, it was much longer until I found a cement mixer and I was running around at 200% loot on that particular one.

It is what it is, however. I feel like if people want to complain about too much loot, can always just crank it down to 25% loot and it'll probably help.

Well on average you need to find 4 of each to get all the schematics. Dunno about you but I sure as hell don't run across 4 destroyed cement mixers in the first 7 days. I very much like the change and the %.

In my current play through there was at least 4 or more destroyed work stations in the first town I'm in. Depending on the POI, it is technically possible I would guess.

Here's an idea that everyone will absolutely love: why not introduce "Forge Parts", "Workbench Parts", "Chem Station parts", etc. and have the destroyed stations include a few of those in the loot? Then when you collect enough...

^ THIS

MOAR cannibalizing pls and alternate recipes to craft the same item.

Almost feels like things were better off the way before. Spend one skill point if you really want the ability to craft a specific station right away. A tough decision to make but one that doesnt cost too much.....

Simple trade off decision for players to make.

Now that schematics can drop more readily devalues the perk route which probably needs rebalancing now.

Well on average you need to find 4 of each to get all the schematics. Dunno about you but I sure as hell don't run across 4 destroyed cement mixers in the first 7 days. I very much like the change and the %.

really? I absolutely do...I can think of at least 4 different POIs that include cement mixers. Around 8 that include workbenches, and 2 or 3 that include chem stations...not including the traders...and several of those POIs tend to appear in multiple instances across a couple nearby towns. (amusingly, the forge is probably the HARDEST one to get)

Were I to look for workstations specifically, I think I could have the schematics for at least chem station, workbench, and cement mixer, consistently, by day 3 with these new settings.

Almost feels like things were better off the way before. Spend one skill point if you really want the ability to craft a specific station right away. A tough decision to make but one that doesnt cost too much.....

Simple trade off decision for players to make.

Now that schematics can drop more readily devalues the perk route which probably needs rebalancing now.

The devs made sure for the players to be unable to level up to the maximum possible level (from a few million exp to billions of exp ) so the alternative was to add recipes and force looting which means forcing the players to go outside their bases.

The devs made sure for the players to be unable to level up to the maximum possible level (from a few million exp to billions of exp ) so the alternative was to add recipes and force looting which means forcing the players to go outside their bases.

which has NEVER been a problem in need of solving.

People explored in A17, people are already FAR more likely to explore in A18, due to the loot-only schematics and tier 3 item parts

Wanted to make a workbench today, only had 1 point in intellect and the first level in advanced engineering so did some quests and grinding to get the 4 points I needed, got the first 3 levels to get intellect up then found a workbench in a building I'd missed and yeah, ffs 3 wasted points :smile-new:

Archived