No Tier 6 Crafting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roland View Post
    That was the argument. There was a Dev diary meltdown when Joel announced that mods would be permanent. There was a division of preference on the team as well. In the end, they decided to go with interchangeable for everything as that would be simpler to understand rather than have some things be permanent and other things be removeable.

The fix could have been with the artwork. If all weapons were modeled as jury-rigged welded together pieces of equipment then maybe those parts that would have been easily interchangeable in the civilized world would have to be broken to be removed in the apocalypse. Plus I like the Star Wars junky look anyway.
    Interesting the things TFP use the realism argument for vs. the things they dont. Didn't Joel make the argument that realism was terrible for games?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kalen View Post
      Interesting the things TFP use the realism argument for vs. the things they dont. Didn't Joel make the argument that realism was terrible for games?
      There is a difference between realism and inconsistent/complicated design. If they went the realism route, the mod system would be more complicated then what it is today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Laz Man View Post
        There is a difference between realism and inconsistent/complicated design. If they went the realism route, the mod system would be more complicated then what it is today.
        Except they apparently did use realism as an argument for removable mods. IMO, non-removable mods would've been so much more interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by e1ghtbit View Post
          Fortifying, diamond tip, heavy hammer, the one that increases stone damage for my pickaxe.

How about I do armor?

Mufflers, improved fittings, armor increase and storage.

Or guns?

Cripple em, red dot, silencer and extend mags

Should I keep going?
          Fortifiying is a waste on most tools, ergonomic grip is a lot better.
          Also mufflers are broken, they currently have no effect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kalen View Post
            Except they apparently did use realism as an argument for removable mods. IMO, non-removable mods would've been so much more interesting.
            TBH the most exciting thing would be weapons coming pre-modded, where you would have to find what you need.
            With some adjustments, like not everything is pre-modded at all slots, there are some exclusive mods that can't be removed and you can still put your own mods when there is space etc.

That's how I'd do it instead of random stats, also more variety and rebalance of weapons so they actually feel different in other aspects then ammo used and rate of fire/reload speed.

Comment

• Originally posted by RipClaw View Post
              Unfortunately, you also have the random stats. I've had multiple times the case that I was happy about a Q6 item but the joy was only short-lived because I noticed that the stats were so much worse than the Q5 item that the extra mod slot wouldn't have compensated that.
              This is single stupidest aspect of the RNG on items. It is heart-breaking when a T6 finally drops and it is inferior to your tier 5 in every way except the mod slots and the (irrelevant) durability.

Comment

Working...
              X