No Tier 6 Crafting

00debbie

I have not played 7 Days to Die for a while after Alpha 17 but when Alpha 18 came out I was so excited to play again. I was excited to see some of the new features of the game. Today, though, I was totally disheartened when I read in the patch notes that Tier 6 Items cannot be crafted. I couldn't believe it when I put my last point into Miner69er and could only craft Tier 5 tools. One of the things that I always liked about 7 Days to Die was the versatility of the gameplay. You could craft your items, find them in loot, or buy them off the Trader. Now, we can not even buy Tier 6 weapons off the trader. Now, we can not craft Tier 6 items. Now, we can only loot Tier 6. *sigh* It just makes me very sad to see this game go, because to me it is dead. To be honest I normally find most of the things from loot before I can craft it but, I knew that if I couldn't find the tool or weapon that I wanted, I could craft it, or buy it off the Trader. Now, it is all about looting and makes spending points in the other trees pointless. Why spend points in Better Barter when it gets you no Tier 6. Why spend points in crafting when it gets you no Tier 6. So, the ONLY points that matter are spending those 5 in Lucky Looter. Why even have points to spend if there is only one path to go. Now it will be 7 Days to Die The Survival Horde LOOTING Game. Please, think this over and come up with a solution that makes this game less one dimensional. Make it to where you can craft the Tier 6 items but it takes a special work bench that costs a lot of materials and costs more materials to craft that Tier 6. Make it to where you can buy Tier 6 but only after you have that Better Barter to 5 and maybe tie a faction to it or you have to have traded XX amount of dukes to open up Tier 6. Please don't crush my 7 Days to Die gaming dreams :(

Craftables have random stats now.

T5 item can be better then T6.

They are also limiting T6 items overall, making them actually rare and precious, not your standard quality after 10 hours of play time.

What makes you go on these long rants, just because you can't have instantly best gear in games?

What makes you go on these long rants, just because you can't have instantly best gear in games?

Moreso by the fact that they actually can, they just have to press U.

But I hear you, the more they make the game have longevity and top tier worth, the more people are crying. I don't understand it either.

Hi Katitof, nice to meet you. You must be new to this topic right, so let me explain.

Crafting is fun. Looting stuff is totally easy bc you will loot anyway, so getting things is just... getting them for free while doing what you would already do.

Meanwhile, crafting makes you do something else, and to some players it is fun. But those players still find looting fun and will continue to go out and fight, moreso bc everythign in a18, not only the things they want to craft, is attained by looting.

Even more, beeing able to craft those things wont harm you a bit!! Good news, they are not asking to remove Q6 from loot or anuything, so you can rest easy my friend.

Just some tips for somebody like you who doesnt know what the other players are asking for, like you clearly show in your comment.

Hi Katitof, nice to meet you. You must be new to this topic right, so let me explain.

Crafting is fun. Looting stuff is totally easy bc you will loot anyway, so getting things is just... getting them for free while doing what you would already do.

Meanwhile, crafting makes you do something else, and to some players it is fun. But those players still find looting fun and will continue to go out and fight, moreso bc everythign in a18, not only the things they want to craft, is attained by looting.

Even more, beeing able to craft those things wont harm you a bit!! Good news, they are not asking to remove Q6 from loot or anuything, so you can rest easy my friend.

Just some tips for somebody like you who doesnt know what the other players are asking for, like you clearly show in your comment.

Ummm

Craftables have random stats now.

T5 item can be better then T6.

Tier 6 items are a placeholder for Legendary items at this point, for now. At least that's my understanding.

If it helps, think of them as legendaries, and not T6. Think of T5 as T6. How is it the "LOOTING" only game, when you still need to build your defenses, through crafting, and will still be making tools/gear when RNG isn't polite? Even before the change, you'd often find the best gear before crafting it; and with the introduction of random stats, there's a chance that the Legendary item you just found (T6, let's practice calling it legendary now) won't be as good as the top tier gear you've been making (T5).

All change is difficult, and not everyone is going to like it. That's completely fine. But give it a chance at least; play it and maybe it'll grow on you. If it doesn't, then you're obviously able to share your opinion--worst case, you can put the game down and wait until a new Alpha releases to see if it tweaks things to your liking. However, and I mean this in the most polite way I can, when Legendary items are formally introduced, are you going to be satisfied knowing that you can craft Tier 6 items, but not your own "00debbie's ZomStabber Special" Legendary Spear?

My point is that this is limiting the scope of the game and making it very one dimensional and all about looting. If I wanted to play WoW I wouldn't be playing 7 Days to Die and quite frankly if this is how the game is progressing … to become more WoW like … I would rather play WoW

R.I.P 7DtD

My point is that this is limiting the scope of the game and making it very one dimensional and all about looting. If I wanted to play WoW I wouldn't be playing 7 Days to Die and quite frankly if this is how the game is progressing … to become more WoW like … I would rather play WoW

R.I.P 7DtD

Play the game with the new balance patches and see whether you have a need for crafting your weapons and armor or not. Don't judge the game on previous versions. Balancing is not about following a one-way street.

If the balancing worked well, most players won't find a Q6 version of their chosen weapon in the first 3 or 4 weeks at least. In that time they have lots of opportunity to get better weapons through crafting. It isn't hard to put 3 points into your weapon perk quite early and craft a few quality 4 weapons with a good chance to get a much better weapon than what you found.

The numbers on t5 items may be better or equal to t6 but the loss of a mod slot is crucial.

I've heard a lot of people say that.... and I've even believed it at one point. But the more I think about it I'm changing my mind. Are there even 4 excellent mods for a particular item? There are good mods, but game changing mods? I don't believe there is.

Fortifying, diamond tip, heavy hammer, the one that increases stone damage for my pickaxe.

How about I do armor?

Mufflers, improved fittings, armor increase and storage.

Or guns?

Cripple em, red dot, silencer and extend mags

Should I keep going?

Imagine TFP let you craft T6 items again.

Then, the legendary ones come. They will be called T7.

How many seconds will we have to wait until a new post "I'm so disgusted, we can't craft T7 tools and weapons, this game ruined my life" ?

Sometimes I think that zombies eat only brains because they think people don't need them.

My point is that this is limiting the scope of the game and making it very one dimensional and all about looting.

Whaaa? Because one tier of gear is currently loot-only, the game is "one-dimensional"? Look, I'm generally in favor of allowing crafting of highest-tier items (to the exclusion of finding them in loot, even), but calling 7D2D "one-dimensional" is ludicrous. Deep breaths, man, find some perspective. It is possible to gently and rationally argue for higher-tier crafting without excess drama.

R.I.P 7DtD

As I was saying.

I've heard a lot of people say that.... and I've even believed it at one point. But the more I think about it I'm changing my mind. Are there even 4 excellent mods for a particular item? There are good mods, but game changing mods? I don't believe there is.

The red remover mod is definitely a game changing mod. Disabling the regeneration of radioactive zombies is a huge advantage.

In A17 I had 5 mods on my club:

* rad remover for the radioactive zombies

* spiked mod for the zombies with armor

* burning shaft mod to set zombies on fire and as a light source

* structual brace mod so that the club lasts longer

* ergonomic grip to reduce stamina consumption

The auger:

* grave digger (dirt)

* bunker buster (stone)

* iron breaker (iron)

* structural brace (last longer)

* burning shaft mod (light source)

With the armor I always had the problem that I didn't have enough modslots for everything. I always had to make compromises. Most of the time I have renounced a better insulation against cold or heat in favour of more protection and more pocket space.

I don't think people who say that know what all the mods do or what can be equipped. There are a lot of great combinations of mods that really help out and the loss of that one mod slot is the only reason I use t6. Now I have to skip crafting to get that mod which basically kills that section of the game for me and I think a lot of other players.

Fortifying, diamond tip, heavy hammer, the one that increases stone damage for my pickaxe.

How about I do armor?

Mufflers, improved fittings, armor increase and storage.

Or guns?

Cripple em, red dot, silencer and extend mags

Should I keep going?

Again, nice mods.... but hardly game changing.

My point is, if you happen to roll a Q5 items with top end stats, so it surpasses some Q6, the loss of one mod slot might not be enough to prevent you from using it. The extra mod slot is nice, but not the be all end all of what makes an item good.

Imagine TFP let you craft T6 items again.

Then, the legendary ones come. They will be called T7.

How many seconds will we have to wait until a new post "I'm so disgusted, we can't craft T7 tools and weapons, this game ruined my life" ?

Sometimes I think that zombies eat only brains because they think people don't need them.

Under legendary, I imagine something extraordinary. Not something I could craft myself in lower quality.

For example a weapon for which there is no schematics, no book and no perk. You can only find it.

You asked for why I need four slots and I listed them. They don't give back massages or make everything I hit spit dukes out but they are good and absolutely improve the weapon\armor in notable ways.

Maybe you don't quite know what the mods do or how those mods make the weapons better and that's ok. It doesn't hurt to learn about new things this game can do for your gameplay.

You asked for why I need four slots and I listed them. They don't give back massages or make everything I hit spit dukes out but they are good and absolutely improve the weapon\armor in notable ways.

Maybe you don't quite know what the mods do or how those mods make the weapons better and that's ok. It doesn't hurt to learn about new things this game can do for your gameplay.

LOL, sure dude.

I like mods, I do a lot of research into which mods I want.... I'm only refuting the statement that "The numbers on t5 items may be better or equal to t6 but the loss of a mod slot is crucial."

To me it's not crucial.... to you it is. It's ok to disagree with someone.

Archived