Whats your favorite Weapon??????

Adam the Waster

The machete is a solid choice for sure. I've found that the baseball bat is way better than wooden or iron reinforced clubs due to having longer range and seemingly a bigger arc on its swings. My favorite weapon is probably the wooden bow because I've always liked the aesthetic of archery. the feel and sound of shooting one in game is satisfying and just doesn't get old.

AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every mother♥♥♥♥er in the room, accept no substitutes.

Seriously, I'm not even perked for it, but I can't put the damn thing down. I keep trying to use other weapons that SHOULD be better, but when the ♥♥♥♥ hits the fan, I pull out my AK and buck til I'm all alone. Every time.

What is your favorite weapon? doesn't matter if its a ranged weapon or melee even a torch. and why is your favorite?

My favorite weapon is the machete. because it's badass and it satisfying to uses due the the animations!

The junk turret. By far the best CC in the game. If you then have a baton with fireshaft, this becomes the cheapest way of fighting non horde zombies.

I'm really starting to like the spear a lot. Something doesn't fit feel 100% with it and think it might need some work or something. Maybe it is just the zombies being zombies and how you hit them and instead of them stumbling backwards they stumble forward and manage to hit you 8 out of 10 times. But besides that with some mods on it I tend to use it and have a gun handy for a back up.

I must say, the rifles have always been my go-to weapons. I remember that one of my goals in every alpha was always to get the sniper rifle of the highest quality. In the mean time, the hunting rifle was always a good substitute. I just love the feeling of shooting that thing, feeling the kick, hearing the deafening bang and then seeing the zombie's head explode. Really good feeling.

The compound crossbow. I like precise quiet weapons and it requires planning and patience to clear a POI with the crossbow.

well you have something i don't have :D

- - - Updated - - -

The junk turret. By far the best CC in the game. If you then have a baton with fireshaft, this becomes the cheapest way of fighting non horde zombies.

idk the stun baton is pretty good of hoards in my books. specifically when you perk up!

- - - Updated - - -

Flowers - but I play with no zombies.

its wards them off? :D

got some Plants vs zombie vibes for some reason

- - - Updated - - -

I must say, the rifles have always been my go-to weapons. I remember that one of my goals in every alpha was always to get the sniper rifle of the highest quality. In the mean time, the hunting rifle was always a good substitute. I just love the feeling of shooting that thing, feeling the kick, hearing the deafening bang and then seeing the zombie's head explode. Really good feeling.

oh yeah. gets some mods and a good level and you will be popping heads :D

but to me it feels SO GOOD when you take off all the limbs of a zombie arms and legs

- - - Updated - - -

Compound Bow followed by spears, (steel preferably), but any will do, then a silenced pistol once I get it.

im love the spears too.

all we need now are swords , shields and tomahawks and my weapon class would be complete!

- - - Updated - - -

I love my pimped out bat, my compound bow is great for sneaky sneak, especially with exploding arrows now...not for sneaking.

i got a burning shaft , spikes and a weighted head and named it "big smoke" :D

It depends on the situation. Overall, I like the M60 very much. Great weapon against bigger hordes and the sound is awesome!

For short range combat and breaching doors the shotgun is fun (especially breaching doors is fun, if you have the right ammo). But I also love to deliver precision shots with the hunting rifle. In previous versions the huntiing rifle was my standard weapon in first horde nights. In A18 you don't really need it, because you find AK-47 with lots of ammo right at the start. Never liked the sniper rifle though.

My allround rifle is the AK-47 with ext. mag, silencer and reflex sight. It's quiet useful in every situation and you can clear POIs with it silently. If you equip it with 2x or 4x scopes, you have an automatic sniper rifle :D Headshot damage is good enough.

Oh, I really want to have a cannon!. Would love to duel myself with a buddy with a cannon from tower to tower :)

Sledgehammer and shotgun.

Sledge is by far the best melee weapon followed closely by clubs, good damage, decent reach, knockdowns are very common, including aoe knockdowns of entire groups of zombies on the sledge.

Shotgun: highest per shot damage in game next to the rocket launcher, Ammo cost is also efficent for buckshot. Good pump shotgun and some str/perks in shotguns, you'll be 1 shoting ferals standing on Warrior difficulty, and if you don't 1 shot them, they are either slowed to a crawl or knocked down. Not tomention with the shotgun tube mod, you can end up with a 12-13 round clip in the pump shotgun.

Worst weapons: Knives, Spear, no knockdown at all on knives, and spear has a unreliable one when you toss your weapon away. Bleed damage on knives is not even stacking properly either. Hunting rifle, it does high dmg, but if that one shot doesn't kill and your fighting something that can run, even with a bandolier+perks it'll probally be in your face right as you can fire that 2nd shot.

Middle Tier for melee: Brawling, has some knockdown thou not as much as sledge or clubs, but at least it has it, problem is crappy damage and low range.

As for guns, pretty much every gun is viable, ak47/m60 are both soild, Pistol is solid, Magnum hits like a truck. SMG is garbage though, its a bullet hose that does about half what a pistol does or maybe a bit more than half, which is really stupid when you can just slap a full auto mod into a pistol and have a higher damage version of the smg. Blunderbus is crap as its always been, Double barrel shotgun is kinda crap too, due to its 2 shot nature, works good early game though, but later on you need the pump shotty.

Archery: meh, haven't touched it much due to lack of feathers and the fact any gun in general will do much more damage and is much easier to get ammo for. You could argue noise but with the lower spawns in a18, zombies coming in from outside is rarely an issue.

Really wish the silencer didn't nerf damage, I don't mind the effctive range hit, but the damage shouldn't go down it should go up like any other mod. Due to that dmg reduction and the fact there are just way less zombies, I don't even bother with a silencer anymore.

I'm still experimenting with the new combat mechanics and haven't used all of the weapons yet, but so far I've been running around with a spear and a pistol as backup for situations where I need more DPS.

Knives seem to be kind of nice too, though pretty week. Then again, they're really fast and it appears you can get serious damage over time (bleeding) at higher levels with the knife perk.

That might change though as I get further along, and maybe mess with other builds.

I like the fist weapons...I hate the look of the steel knuckles...but I love how the build plays. You just have to give up a lot to delve that deep into fortitude :/

For ranged weapons, I absolutely love the hunting rifle....damage per shot feel so satisfying.

AK47

2x scope

fore grip

extendo mag

Semi Auto/something else

Nothing even comes close to the flexibility and effectiveness of the AK, High damage, accuracy, range, capacity, reload speed ...it's like an 8/10 for everything with no compromises.

As soon as I find one I don't use anything else, you can start clearing out big POIs that day with no fear at speed. I actually can't think of any circumstance where I'd want any other weapon.

M60 all day bro. Hands down. Makes the horde quake in fear!

The damn thing is even leathal at range, really accurate.

Now I see how Rambo got Teasle.

And that's the problem I have with this gun. Everybody is playing Rambo. The game becomes a shooter and base building becomes a triviality.

And that's the problem I have with this gun. Everybody is playing Rambo. The game becomes a shooter and base building becomes a triviality.

This is true. But it's always been true. I cam remember doing horde nights without a base in alpha 15. Its the most boring way to play the game, so I dont do it.

To be fair though is the base building really that much different in a18 then a17? Cause I'd say no.

So with a18 focused more on combat and looting and less on base building mechanics is this any surprise?

This is true. But it's always been true. I cam remember doing horde nights without a base in alpha 15. Its the most boring way to play the game, so I dont do it.

He seems to like it:

The sad thing is that he's actually a good base builder but now he's completely switched to run and gun.

To be fair though is the base building really that much different in a18 then a17? Cause I'd say no.

I'd say yes. The demolisher changes a lot. In your multiplayer game you will surely get to know him soon.

Because to the group gamestage he will most likely be part of the day 21 horde.

So with a18 focused more on combat and looting and less on base building mechanics is this any surprise?

It's not a surprise, but it's very sad. I've already seen this coming in A17 when we were flooded with guns.

My favourite has got to be the spear.

I rank the spear up there with A17's bicycle and A16's arrows sticking in targets in terms of "small addition that vastly improves the feel of the game".

I'm not the sort of person who obsesses over DPS and the like. The spear just feels so great that I'm happy to use it even if it isn't the most efficient weapon in the game.

(Having said that, the knuckle dusters are a close second when it comes to the feel of combat - both are great additions to the game.)

Archived